Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Huddersfield players who are good enough for Championship football

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Rhodes is decent

That's a good call! My work mate is from Hudds and cannot understand why LC doesn't play him every game from the start!!

LC needs to pay a visit too the job centre now me thinks!! he's had 2 goes at getting them up and failed? It sounds a bit harsh after going unbeaten for so long in the 2nd half of this season, but he will have deffo lost the support from fans and the chairman i'm afraid! He seems to have a knack of picking the wrong players for certain games for some reason? Pilkington was a massive loss for them at a bad time but that won't help the decision to let him go!

HG201

Proud Ruffian
Jul 16, 2008
Birmingham
Smithies looks like a great keeper, but would probably cost a fair bit, and imagine he would attract interest from bigger and better clubs than us. Rhodes is a player i've liked for a while, and i certainly feel that along with Ward and Roberts would be worth a try.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Roberts has been off form for months and plenty of them are quite happy for Afobe to go back to Arsenal, which should tell you enough. Rhodes doesn't even start regularly, though to be fair has scored goals.

Clarke is very much a 3rd division defender.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Should Gus try and sign any from Huddersfield? Gary Roberts looks a good player.

Huddersfield have got the finance/ground/supporter backing to suggest that they won't be selling any players unless they look to strengthen their side, in which case we wouldn't want any of the departees

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Dont think well gte anyone from Hudds...

I rate Smithies very highly but think he migh be another Kirkland. Plus this is the on eposition where we are OK... other positions are more important.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
As already said,"Leave it to Gus", Hudders have money and no need to sell. As soon as a team falls below promotion we have people circling round like sharks on a corpse.The best team on the day won at Old Trafford yesterday,pity there was a punch up in the crowd though!

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
I don't think Rhodes would be out of the question, seeing how he doesn't seem to have started many games recently. The rest probably not - Smithies and Pilkington will probably go on to bigger and better things, Peltier for me needs to just calm down a bit, Roberts has never ventured this far south (I don't think.) Another player who did impress me yesterday though was Zakuani in the middle of Peterborough's defence. Obviously they have had a poor defensive record over the years, and he has obviously been part of that, but he had a very good game yesterday I thought.

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
I don't think Rhodes would be out of the question, seeing how he doesn't seem to have started many games recently. The rest probably not - Smithies and Pilkington will probably go on to bigger and better things, Peltier for me needs to just calm down a bit, Roberts has never ventured this far south (I don't think.) Another player who did impress me yesterday though was Zakuani in the middle of Peterborough's defence. Obviously they have had a poor defensive record over the years, and he has obviously been part of that, but he had a very good game yesterday I thought.

I'm not overly convinced that Rhodes is good enough. Good League One striker but I'm not so sure he'd make the step up to the Championship. I know a few Huddersfield fans who aren't all that impressed by him.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Are you kidding? Afobe is awful. His second touch is a tackle. No thanks

This comment is the reason these 'Who should we sign' threads are a total waste of time.

See p38 0f The Argus today. 'Albion boss Gus Poyet has hailed Arsenal prospect Benik Afobe as the best young player in League One this season'. We fans know nothing!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here