Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

HTC Hero

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
the Desire is freakin' awesome, get that!

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
My brother was an HTC user, tried a couple of them but got so fed up with them breaking, crashing and generally not living up to the hype that he now has returned to Nokias.

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
Meh my budget unfortunatley doesn't cover the desire, the hero loooks good on paper but i was wondering if anyone had one or knows someone who does just to know what they are like to use

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Joshyboy do a google search for reviews and (proper) mobile forums, you'll get much more information about the Hero that way. a few people on here having problems does'nt equaint* to the overal picture :)

*is that even a WORD?!

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
*equate :)

I'm in the market for an internet phone, so shall follow your advice. Bozza recommends the iPhone (surprisingly!) which is winning at the moment.

yeah THATS the word I wanted! ta!

all the high tech reviews I've read have the HTC Desire & iPhone pretty much on par, I went for the Desire due to my underlying hatred of all things Apple :p

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I have a Hero and I love it - the screen handling is not as good as the iPhone but the phone quality's better. I love the way it automatically integrates with my Google setting so I get my Gmail without fiddling around with anything.

Plenty of decent apps too.

I've been a Nokia man for best part of 13 years but it will take something special to make me go back

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Thanks Gwylan ive looked at some reviews and videos and it looks decent :)

I chose Android specifically because I use Google for email, calendar and addresses and it's painless - the Desire is meant to be even better but I have this for another year now. I'm not moaning though.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
I chose Android specifically because I use Google for email, calendar and addresses and it's painless - the Desire is meant to be even better but I have this for another year now. I'm not moaning though.

by then the Desire will have Android 2.2 which is much needed IMO (Apps saved to SDcard being the main reason!!), thats rolling out now and the Desire is set to get it in a few months I think.

Same with Gmail, I've now directed all my htmail over there and have it all at my disposal on my phone, excellent!

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Another vote for the Desire over iPhone here. But you really should try the reviews on some websites. One site, near the top if you just search Google for phone review, goes into good depth with videos and stuff.

Safe.

Jun 8, 2008
I've got a HTC desire and I don't have a clue about this android stuff, can you update it or something so the phone can do more things?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here