Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

HTC Hero

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I've got a HTC desire and I don't have a clue about this android stuff, can you update it or something so the phone can do more things?

Yes. Go to Market and look through the available apps - there are several thousand to choose from

Safe.

Jun 8, 2008
Yes. Go to Market and look through the available apps - there are several thousand to choose from

Can I upgrade the Android through the market or do you have to buy the newest phone to get the better android?

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Can I upgrade the Android through the market or do you have to buy the newest phone to get the better android?

Android is the system it runs on, everynow and then it has updates (like firmware pretty much) and you will get a notification when you have one available. these happen quite rarely (once a year I think if that) so dont expect them every other day, as I said earlier the Desire update is due in a couple of months.

Robbie G

Jul 26, 2004
Hassocks
HTC desire is very good, I'm currently writing this message on mine. I see it as a cheaper alternative to the iPhone but it is a very good phone.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Cheers, any good game apps you would recommend?

so far my faves include:

mFortune Roulette (free app, lets you play for free = good practice!!)
Carrom3D (Pool/Snooker, got the free demo and thats enough!)
PapiJump (addictive and fun)
Craigs Race (Car Racing)
Missle Shield (Legend of a game)
Play! Curling (Curling.....amazing fun!)
Uno (Card game)
Toss It (kinda cool)
Hit Penguin (same as the PC version pretty much)
Find It (loads of Spot The Difference games)

I've barely scratched the surface with games though (had my desire 2 weeks), plenty of Free ones, best advice is to ignore the comments and just try for yourself

Jul 24, 2003
Newbury, Berkshire.
Very rarely the touch screen app seems to stop working and it's impossible to type text in properly, only solution then is to turn phone off and re-boot. Other than that, the only other faults are probably down to the fact that I'm on a sh!t network like 3, as the response to internet page 'clicks' can be a bit slow !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here