Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How will you refer to the stadium in future?

What will you call the ground?

• 'The American Express'

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • 'The Amex'

Votes: 93 30.4%
  • 'The Albion'

Votes: 4 1.3%
  • 'Falmer'

Votes: 198 64.7%
  • 'Home'

Votes: 3 1.0%
  • Something else

Votes: 7 2.3%

• Total voters

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
'Falmer' has always been a shitty name, and is too closely associated with a cripplingly bogged-down process festooned with small-minded NIMBYS that took fecking YEARS to sort out.

The Amex, or the Amex Arena sounds rather grand in comparison, and gives it a lovely fresh new feel. So thats what I'LL be calling it from henceforth.

RIP Falmer.
Welcome....to the Amex Arena.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
The football - as in "Are you going to the football on Saturday"? Can only mean one place!

I am but a simple person!!

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Somewhat surprisingly there hasn't been a groundswell of demand to call it The New Goldstone (or variants). When we left to go on our travels I thought that the new stadium name would inevitably make some reference to The Goldstone, but in the last couple of years that seems to have dropped away.

Maybe it's because we haven't been there for so long - maybe it's because we all refer to it as Falmer. Maybe we're just looking forward now with Tony and Gus? I'm not disappointed that Goldstone isn't in the name - and sponsorship is inevitable so have no issue with The Amex (no one's buying the AmStad then??!). Am just surprised that there hasn't been more than the odd comment about the old ground name.

Glad we've moved on - the future is bright indeed.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
The Amex

And UP YOURS to ALL those who said it will NEVER be called that as AMEX dont DO football etc.

Who are ya who are ya who are ya who are ya

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Something else.

I agree with Easy 10, 'Falmer' just evokes bad memories of the years that we fought for a stadium. A fight that could well have made the club go bust.

I don't like the idea of any reference to the Goldstone either. The Goldsone was our past, but by 1997 it was very run down - it was never going to be our long-term future, even without the evil ones. I would like to leave the Goldstone in my memory as a lovely place where I saw my first football.

I am hoping a fans name a la 'the Moo Camp' with come about...

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
It will always be Falmer to me. Pure and simple. The name has become ingrained in the minds of Albion supporters and I think it will stay that way.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Goldstone references in the name would be fairly pointless IMO. This is a new start for the club, there's no reason to cling to the past. Those of us who were there will always have their memories of the old place, and there will be a museum next to the club shop at the Amex which will keep memories alive and educate the next generation of fans as to our past.

This is a NEW beginning. Embrace it.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Somewhat surprisingly there hasn't been a groundswell of demand to call it The New Goldstone (or variants). When we left to go on our travels I thought that the new stadium name would inevitably make some reference to The Goldstone, but in the last couple of years that seems to have dropped away.

Maybe it's because we haven't been there for so long - maybe it's because we all refer to it as Falmer. Maybe we're just looking forward now with Tony and Gus? I'm not disappointed that Goldstone isn't in the name - and sponsorship is inevitable so have no issue with The Amex (no one's buying the AmStad then??!). Am just surprised that there hasn't been more than the odd comment about the old ground name.

Glad we've moved on - the future is bright indeed.

Move forward. Have a plaque or something to remember the history, but it's time for us to build a new future.

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
Something else.

I agree with Easy 10, 'Falmer' just evokes bad memories of the years that we fought for a stadium. A fight that could well have made the club go bust.

I don't like the idea of any reference to the Goldstone either. The Goldsone was our past, but by 1997 it was very run down - it was never going to be our long-term future, even without the evil ones. I would like to leave the Goldstone in my memory as a lovely place where I saw my first football.

I am hoping a fans name a la 'the Moo Camp' with come about...

I disagree. I think the name Falmer symbolises ultimate victory, and the all the time and effort we as a club put into making it happen.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here