Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How will you feel walking away from Withdean

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
Somewhat embarrassed when the Inspector tells me I can't take the goalpost on the bus.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I don't get the bus.
But I will be walking on air, whilst wearing an enigmatic expression of melancholy.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
sad in a way. I know a few people who went to Goldstone, Gillingham and then Withdean and never made Falmer.

I just hope next season is not a huge anti climax and Falmer does not distract to what we have all been fighting for for these last God knows how long

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
It will certainly a very different feeling from the miserable, rain-sodden trudge back across Hove Park as I left teh Goldstone Ground (R.I.P.) for the final time.

Captain Pugwash

Paul Kitson
Oct 27, 2003
brighton
Ill be quite sad, being of the younger generation I dont remember the good times at the goldstone, just the bad ones.

Ive seen some great players at Withdean, for and against us and seen relegation and championships, Its good to go but I for will have great memories of the place

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Ill be quite sad, being of the younger generation I dont remember the good times at the goldstone, just the bad ones.

Ive seen some great players at Withdean, for and against us and seen relegation and championships, Its good to go but I for will have great memories of the place

This sums up my feelings too.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Park and ride? I know the old bloke that keeps leaving notes on my car "reporting me to police" will be happy to see my go and his expenditure on paper will probably drop through the floor!

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
I won't miss that bloody hill from London Road up to the gates, that's for sure!

Withdean on a lovely day is ok, but of course Falmer will be a million times better!

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
Wondering what the hell I'm doing on a bus...

But, otherwise, pure happiness, and appreciating what the next stadium I set foot in will be.

porkypie

On the road to no where
Oct 31, 2009
Button Moon
Park and ride? I know the old bloke that keeps leaving notes on my car "reporting me to police" will be happy to see my go and his expenditure on paper will probably drop through the floor!

Where do you park, mayb we should all park there last ever game at withdean!

Last edited:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK

A wise head on young shoulders - spot on.

Falmer will be magnificent - hell, it already is - but I'll not look back at the Withdean era, over-prolonged though it has been, as anything other than a truly great one for the club and fans; especially so given the utter chaos, rancour and near-death experience that preceeded it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here