Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How will you feel if you vote for the losing side in the referendum ?

How will you feel if you vote for the losing side in the referendum ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

larus

This would probably be the most likely as my wife is Scottish, but as I said in another post I'd probably consider other options too.

Plus I hate midges.

One small, but very significant factor you have overlooked about Scotland. With the collapse in the oil price, the case for independence goes away. Economically, they would be much poorer. They SNP would not want another referendum, and they know it would be a no vote.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
If the vote is to Leave, then I will seriously consider moving to another country.

Apparently as my Wife's Mother was Irish she can get Irish, therefore EU, Citizenship. I can also get this by Marriage.

I have an option!

larus

I expect remain to win (sadly), but I expect the EURO to have an existential crisis at some point. When this happens, the knock-on effects to the EU will be terminal, so a remain vote is just a deferral of the death of the EU project.

Also, the level of Anti-EU feeling across Europe are on the rise. There are other countries which may choose to leave - even France.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
You've got to go with it. We have a democracy (of sorts), and this is a straight winner takes all vote. I just hope .... really, really, hope .... that if the majority go with Exit, that they are right - but I really fear that they're not. They are not going to get anything that they think they will IMO, but there you go, I'm sure I'll still get out of bed as normal on Friday.

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
Just from the look of this thread it looks like the Remainers will be losing their minds if they lose.

And some of them their jobs, potentially their homes too, oh and an accelerated decline in healthcare and education.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Also, the level of Anti-EU feeling across Europe are on the rise. There are other countries which may choose to leave - even France.

Or, there is a greater move towards a proper reform of the EU. Fiscal union was always going to be a mistake - I still can't believe anybody thought that was a good idea. A trading bloc - great, a giant federal state, big blooper.

D

Deleted member 22389

If we Remain I'm going to be pissed off, but in the end I will get used to it and get on with things. I have put my wife through enough of my moaning over the last few months.
If we Remain we just got to hope the EU reforms (Unlikely) or the people of Europe give them no choice but to make some serious, and I mean serious changes.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
I expect remain to win (sadly), but I expect the EURO to have an existential crisis at some point. When this happens, the knock-on effects to the EU will be terminal, so a remain vote is just a deferral of the death of the EU project.

But that's the very point. Leave now and other countries may well want to make an example of us to discourage others from following.

Wait til it falls apart then we are all in the same boat

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I would be seething if we vote to leave. That would guarantee a minimum 2-year economic word of sh1t with all sorts of uncertainty.

As a small business owner we've worked hard to get things back on an even keel and have had 2 good years on the back of 5 challenging years. People under-estimate the time and energy it takes get back to the 2007 position. Another recession and I could see a lot of entrepreneurs giving up investing and trying to grow their business and simply cashing in their chips and withdrawing.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
One small, but very significant factor you have overlooked about Scotland. With the collapse in the oil price, the case for independence goes away. Economically, they would be much poorer. They SNP would not want another referendum, and they know it would be a no vote.

I haven't overlooked it. That's why I said we would consider options beyond just moving to a country that might at some point gain (or currently have) EU membership.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
I will not loss any sleep over it at all.

The problem being we will never know what the alternative result would have been therefore we are stuck with whichever way we go and total fantasy as the alternative. So far I have not really heard anything factual to swing me either way its been political gusto and bollux from day 1 I am no wiser than I was before.

The one thing you can depend on is which ever way the vote goes it is that the leaders of political parties, companies and industry that will continue to make as much money as they can from the "new" situation and we will still be surround by a sea of beaurocrats and red tape the only difference will it be is it based in London or Brussels/Strasbourg.

Cynical you bet I am.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
It was a laugh when the 'gut' was still there. Matelots will understand.
Not so sure now.

When we did the Malta war museum tour,the history professor who occaisionally worked as a guide asked us if there were any Italians or Germans in the party.When we responded in the negative,he replied "Good,because we hang those ********".

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
No, I didn't. I certainly didn't meet him which is what I was talking about.

Well maybe you should-I'm sure you get on well.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Hopefully, whatever the result we will see a total implosion of the Tory party.

Personally I'm hoping to retire in about 5 years and it may be to Greece. what happens next Thursday may influence that decision.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here