Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How will MM outers react if he keeps his job?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
With a 50-50 split on the most recent poll, will there be tension on the terraces and boos and catcalls at the manager from the kick-off next season.

I don't think I have ever seen such a diversity in who the fans think should manage. Does having MM as manager mean half the crowd are going to be willing the team to f*** up so he gats the boot early next season, or will he be given some grace before people are standing behind the dugout hurling abuse again?

How will YOU react early season if you wanted him out but he's still here?

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Never watch the Albion again, oppose falmer and go and get a season ticket at Palace or Pompey. Only way to show DK is to vote with your feet and keep your money out his hands.

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
Simple for me, I am only renewing my season ticket if he goes.

I also won't attend another away game until he goes too.

I shall follow from afar, and still be a supporter hooked on every word that is uttered from the club or its players.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Everyone should get behind him if he is the manager at the begining of next season. I would give him until Christmas and assess the situation again then, if he is making the same mistakes as he did this season the :wave:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Goring Gull said:
Never watch the Albion again, oppose falmer and go and get a season ticket at Palace or Pompey. Only way to show DK is to vote with your feet and keep your money out his hands.

So it's now DK out as well???

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
Personally My thinking has little to do with DK- has done a stirling job, often with a noticable sense of humour, and long may he continue to do so.

The problem is McGhee comes accross as our Chairman's wet dream at the moment because he will commit himself to this job for longer than a year- but to me his failings outway his loyalty.

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
fourthteamtillidie said:

I shall follow from afar, and still be a supporter hooked on every word that is uttered from the club or its players.
Bye then:wave:

Sargey

Jan 27, 2006
Portslade
If he starts off well no one will be getting on his back while we're winning but unfortunately I do not have the faith in him to do that.

I honestly believe he is the wrong sort of manager for us, he is not like Adams who was motivational and if he said he was going to play a hedgehog at left back, you had faith in his decisions, he also was brilliant in the transfer market.

He was'nt like Coppell, dour on the outside maybe but the team was brilliantly organised and again he was superb in the transfer market.

Just don't think McGhee really has those qualities, sure his record is good as a manager but don't think he's the man for this job....but who is???

Is Superman available:lolol:

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
fourthteamtillidie said:

I don't want to see you begging for a Man Utd ticket next season when we get them in the cup then. :lol:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
fourthteamtillidie said:

A supporter is one who supports their team-impossible to do from afar. Even more impossible to consider yourself a supporter if you don't renew your season ticket simply because you don't like the manager.

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
I am sick and tired of all this I wont go to another game childish bollocks:O :O :O The only reason this club is still here is because we have people turning up week in week out whether they are happy with what is going on or not. FFS are people really petty enough to see the club fold because they do not like a manger / player / lack of forks because believe me, if enough of you stay away then that is exactly what is going to happen and it will be YOU to blame for the death of our club:angry: :angry:

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Lets be real here .. i for one think he could do better than he has done ,but we all know that he has had his hands tied behind his back in trying to do the job compared to the rest of the managers in the division.. Would anyone else do better given the circumstances. Also lets give him the first 1/3 rd of the season to see. Look at Steve Mclaren , the shit he took from Boro fans as recent as feb just goes to show , and now he is a saint in there eyes !!

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Pisses me off.... i can understand why some people want him sacked but to stop going to games is not going to help.

All that is achieving is even lower gate reciepts which is going to plunge the club even more into the shite and also further the claims that we don't need a big new stadium.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
ditchy said:
Lets be real here .. i for one think he could do better than he has done ,but we all know that he has had his hands tied behind his back in trying to do the job compared to the rest of the managers in the division.. Would anyone else do better given the circumstances. Also lets give him the first 1/3 rd of the season to see. Look at Steve Mclaren , the shit he took from Boro fans as recent as feb just goes to show , and now he is a saint in there eyes !!

You've just highlighted why he should have more than 1/3 of the season in your own post. League 1 is so close that teams can change their position radically throughout the season. Gillingham, Forest and Bristol this year for example. I'd give him the whole season (unless of course we do look doomed for another relegation!).

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I think we should sack MM, as the club has been in free-fall since Xmas, and I would put a lot of this down to poor man-management, and inability to get loans in. I can't see that we are in any worse a situation than when Coppell was in charge and he brought in some very good loans. I can therefore only deduce that the difference is the manager. Whether this is players themselves or the managers loaning them out, I couldn't say but it suggests they want to play for Coppell, but not for McGhee. the tactics have been ludicrous at times, the selections baffling. I think he has to go.

If he stays, it depends on the committment we make to him. Give him whatever money we can afford to spend, let him trawl the "free" market, and let him have at least until Christmas.

The idea of giving him 10 games of the new season would be the WORST possible idea. If we back him now, then we do it properly. Anything half-cock is a complete shambles. We must be decisive one way or another.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Goring Gull said:
And f*** the club over while you're at it. DK doesn't see any of this money, you imbecile.

Anyway, that's one dealt with. :bigwave:

Last edited:

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
Turkey said:
I don't want to see you begging for a Man Utd ticket next season when we get them in the cup then. :lol:

No problem, I didnt get a ticket for Spurs, didnt moan about it, got of my arse and waited at Victoria Station on the morning of the game for three hours until someone sold me a spare.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Turkey said:
You've just highlighted why he should have more than 1/3 of the season in your own post. League 1 is so close that teams can change their position radically throughout the season. Gillingham, Forest and Bristol this year for example. I'd give him the whole season (unless of course we do look doomed for another relegation!).

All im trying to say Turkey is that give him the first part of the season to see if we do do well ..if not then decide his fate

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here