Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How well has Chris Hughton done ?

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
You must be mad!? It was better then anything we have played in at least the last 20 years!

Not mad at all. We'll just have to agree that it was competitive.

By the way, did you know we had almost two thirds of the possession today? And we WON!

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
Solidly. There's a difference between coming in and firefighting and then starting a new season with a fresh slate and a full pre-season to assess things and I think that now you will begin to see what Hughton has to offer. He is thorough and meticulous and the team is well drilled and resilient.

He is a more pragmatic manager than some of his predecessors (although perhaps not all that much from Poyet who also strongly believed in building from a strong defensive foundation). Hughton as a former defender of some repute himself was bound to take this view into his managerial approach and it has served him pretty well up to now. He perhaps could do with shaking off his pragmatist's cloak every so often, but that may happen more when he has more options available to him and more threat going forward. But it's hard to knock what he has done up to now.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I think he's done a very good job so far. Turned us in to a decent team this season and, if we can get a couple more attacking signings before the window closes, we might even be real contenders for the top six. Last season was only about survival and he achieved that, although it wasn't pretty.

I'm pretty sure we'd have drawn yesterday's game at best last season but there's more steel to the team now and they look like there's more of a plan. Obviously only 4 games into the league season but very encouraging so far.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here