Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

how was your travel tonight?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
There are no frigging signs ANYWHERE

I ended up walking from Coldean along the A27 Eastbound against oncoming traffic. Its a long story, on the other travel thread. But CHRIST.

I wasn't even drunk.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Took 1 hour to get out of bennetts field car park. Shambles and poorly organized. Will flog the parking vouchers on eBay on the cheap and catch a bus next time!

An hour for me too.

The car park is an utter shambles. A complete free for all, with not ONE steward anywhere to be seen, until you got to the exit barrier, where EIGHT of them were stood chatting and joking. Piss take.

If they don't find a way of improving it, it will cause real issues with the genuine corporate clientele. How can somebody invite a business guest to an event, then sit there embarrassed in their car for over an hour afterwards, whilst utter anarchy reigns all around them. If they do nothing to control the egress of traffic then there will be violence in that car park, guaranteed.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I guess the biggest plus point from tonight is that the apparent myriad of problems with post evening game travel have surfaced before we have 3000 Palace, Millwall or Leeds fans added into the mix.

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
There are no frigging signs ANYWHERE

I ended up walking from Coldean along the A27 Eastbound against oncoming traffic. Its a long story, on the other travel thread. But CHRIST.

I wasn't even drunk.

Just read that! - Sounds like fun!!

Complete lack of signs anywhere around the Stadium - and on Saturday Donny fans had no idea where to go either.

I've just put up a couple of questions on ATC, so don't want to ask another, but perhaps someone should point out the complete lack of signs ANYWHERE (and perhaps suggest a chat between the Bus Company, Club re transport issues?

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
The trains wouldn't be so bad if they all had more than 4 carriages!

This. Need more trains going to Brighton. Living in Kent, i was on a tight train schedule, the delay at Falmer meant i missed my connection at Brighton! But hey, that's football for ya, all part of the adventure, trying to get as close to home before gettin a cab!!

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
An hour for me too.

The car park is an utter shambles. A complete free for all, with not ONE steward anywhere to be seen, until you got to the exit barrier, where EIGHT of them were stood chatting and joking. Piss take.

If they don't find a way of improving it, it will cause real issues with the genuine corporate clientele. How can somebody invite a business guest to an event, then sit there embarrassed in their car for over an hour afterwards, whilst utter anarchy reigns all around them. If they do nothing to control the egress of traffic then there will be violence in that car park, guaranteed.

I was in the Mill Road P+R Queue, and remarked to others what a shambles it looked.

Are the club aware of the problems? If not they need to be told...

NorthStandN1A

Aug 1, 2011
Hove
Just got home to deepest, darkest Kent! Missed my train connection and had to get a cab from Three Bridges...£65! But hey...f*** it...it was worth it! Not being able to go Saturday, i wouldn't have missed tonight for the world!

hats off to you.

lets all hope this system improves, surely adding carriages and having a real taxi rank for locals would help. Not rocket science here!!!!

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
I guess the biggest plus point from tonight is that the apparent myriad of problems with post evening game travel have surfaced before we have 3000 Palace, Millwall or Leeds fans added into the mix.

As long as the bus Co/train Co/club take heed of the constructive criticism!

Moans are moans and rants are rants. The reading and personal experience of crap journeys home seem fair enough to me for things to be re thought out!

I like to stay for the entire game and applaud the boys for their efforts without the stress of getting home slowly, so hopefully travel arrangements will be redesigned for all fans pleasure!

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Just read a few more posts...don't stress too much guys. I'm sure things will get sorted in time. I for one, wasn't gonna let things get me down! After getting to Three Bridges (eventually) a £65 taxi fee was a small price to pay for my first pilgrimage to the AMEX...still buzzing now (or maybe i'm still pissed!)

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Very organised on way to the stadium (we arrived minutes after six) but back was diabolical. We got put in 3 different queues and only got on a coach 75 mins after exiting the ground. Disgrace. Hope it sorts out, apparently issue was all the double deckers sat empty wouldn't fit under a bridge so couldn't be used for us, but could for mithras and race course.

Understand are teething problems, first night game and all that, but wouldn't stand for that in January rains!

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Mill Road to Amex = hell , got there 10 minutes late
Amex to Mill Road = not too terrible

Complete opposite for me - Mill road to Amex, 5 seconds from car to coach and straight up there simples.
Amex to Mill Road utter chaos, 3 queues and then only on bus 75 mins after arriving at car park. Shambles!

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
hats off to you.

lets all hope this system improves, surely adding carriages and having a real taxi rank for locals would help. Not rocket science here!!!!

I think they will, they seemed to have more trains heading to Lewes than Brighton, which didn't make sense to me, but hey, i'm sure the PTB will know this after tonight! I finally realised tonight that the AMEX is actually our HOME!! So I would of gladly paid a £100 to get back!

apparently issue was all the double deckers sat empty wouldn't fit under a bridge so couldn't be used for us, but could for mithras and race course.

Understand are teething problems

Park & Ride services of one kind or another have been running from Mill Road since before 1994. It's ALWAYS been known that double deckers won't fit under the bridge.

That's just what the country needs in these difficult times. A bit of genuine corporate violence.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
After a 325 mile drive parked near the Hikers. No problem getting there and a gentle stroll to the ground. Getting back over the bridge was an issue getting past the rail queues to get to the underpass but drove straight off from the hikers within 20 minutes of leaving our seats and on the A27 and clear of traffic 10 minutes later. Back to Somerset to drop kids home and now back in Bewdley. Stadium immense and staff fantastic. No problem picking up tickets. Only down was half time food service but that will improve with experience

Albion_Dave

Jul 4, 2011
Eastbourne
Waited over an hour for a train to Lewes even though last Saturday it was less than half that. Getting nearer the front of the queue & trains could clearly be seen leaving the station with lots more room on board. Asked a gaurd what the problem was last night compared to Saturday when it was a capacity crowd & he said the club had informed Southern Rail that they where expecting a crowd of around 7000 not 16000+. A nightmare for a lot of parents with kids but everyone queued in good heart, no pushing or shoving & all were a credit to the club. Hopefully as time goes on lessons will be learned espescially as transport is key to planning permission for extra seating at the ground.

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
That is the last time I use the Mill Road Park & Ride, left Sompting at 06:00arrived at Mill Road about 06:25, bus got to the ground at 07:40, so no time for anything to eat or drink before the game. Left at the final whistle to be greeted by complete chaos in the car park, one great mass of people with no idea which queue was for which destination. Stewards were worse than useless, loads of empty double decker buses with some leaving for the Racecourse/Mithras half empty while the queue for Mill road got longer and longer. Questioned some clown in a hi-vis jacket with 'Bus Control' on the back who became immediately defensive blaming the club for 'overparking' Mill road. What utter bollocks!, the club used Mill road for Withdean and even when it was full the longest I ever had to wait was 15 mins. Finally got back to Sompting at 11:20 a total travel time for the night of just over 3 hrs, about the same amount of time it took for the Southampton away game last season!

:rant:

nevergoagain

Jul 28, 2005
nowhere near Burgess Hill
Learning curve for me unfortunately, have been going via Lewes to HH fine so far but got stuck last night as missed connection at Lewes so would have had to go back into Brighton to get back. Cabbed it instead. My fault though so no complaints. Big queues but generally people were pretty chilled.

Haven't read the rest of the thread fully but it does concern me how we'll get two sets of fans all together going back midweek and lord knows how difficult it would have been if it had gone to Extra Time/Pens.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here