Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

how was your travel tonight?

bobby smith

Jan 20, 2011
WORTHING
The Mill Road coaches after the game were a FIASCO, i had my 3year old with me and was genuinely frightened 4 his safety, it was DISORGANISED BIG TIME, a major concern of mine is that the queue prevents people from getting up the staircase to the car park area.
LORD BRACKNELL your views please ??

sagaman

Dec 25, 2005
Brighton
Early days but I think the transport issue is a shambles. Family and friends family have tried several different ways from Brighton
- Mill Road P & R - ok on Saturdays to Falmer but slow on A27 on weekday nights and that is before the Unis are back! Terribly slow getting back on Saturday- queues until 6 pm
- Bennets Field- waited until 6.30 pm on Saturday and took until 7pm to get out- expensive way to wait around!
- Train- Tried it tonight but gave up on queues at Falmer at 10.15 pm which seemed for miles- walked through part of Moulsecoomb to Lewes Raod and saw several service buses go past as well as empty P & R one to Mithras House - Finally got 25 into Churchill Square and arrived there at 11pm- simply not good enough

Agree with previous poster that Club need summit meeting with all providers and Police to sort out. Hate to think what will happen when the Leeds and Palace fans are added to mix unless there are better systems in place. Cannot even think of 30k capacity at Falmer.

cdargonne

brighton seagirl
Mar 1, 2009
sussex
I was always a park and walk withdeaner but we have been giving the travel vouchers a go this season and trying the trains. I would like to make some comments about the trains...
Way to the ground was ok but train we were on at 7ish (it was about 5 mins late) had 3 carriages only from hove (think it came from portsmouth) and was obviously very very busy...
linked train to falmer was fine also busy but not too bad

way home thought we would stay behind a bit and let crowds disperse... saw there were 3 trains around 10:15 so thought we would head for those. still very busy but queues moving. Got train from Falmer to Brighton ok... Got to Brighton to be told there were no trains to worthing or beyond and there were buses and then after waiting on the platform for 10 minutes told that the 11:03 and 11:14 to Hove had both been cancelled and next train not till 11:30. I live in Hove so walked for 20 minutes home but there were a lot of people unhappy...

weekends have been working ok but this was poor planning from national rail...

i have now decided to park and walk from a family home in moulsecoomb for leeds and palace dont fancy that on the trains mid week..

hopefully teething problems....

good win though and enjoyable day!! still rather be queuing there then playing at withdean!! still feels like im dreaming!!

SSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGUUUUUUULLLLSSSSSS

:)

Paskman

Not a user
May 9, 2008
Chiddingly, United Kingdom
Getting there by train from Glynde was great. Getting back on the other hand- only one train an hour, which was at 22:13, and I queued for 3/4 of an hour just to get on the platform. So got home at 11:50 instead of 10:50. I spoke to an Albion official observing and he said that Network Rail had refused to put on extra trains - helpful of them I must say! Can't wait for Palace etc in the evenings!!!

Sent from - not telling as it upsets some people!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Took 1 hour to get out of bennetts field car park. Shambles and poorly organized. Will flog the parking vouchers on eBay on the cheap and catch a bus next time!

I'm emailing the club about it tomorrow. Suggest others do likewise. It is quite bizarre how badly organised it is.

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ
Way there was the WORST journey of my life. Slow because of the traffic but that isn't the bad bit. Was stuck in the middle of the bendy bus behind a guy with absolutely terrible B.O. and after 20 minutes of that felt like I was going to be sick. :sick:

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Took one look at the train queue after the game and decided to walk. An hour and ten minutes back to Preston Park, including a couple of stops on the bus. Coul dhave been worse, and nice to know the option is do-able for midweek games, cos that's invariably what its going to to come to. Thank Christ there wasn't extra time though. Result!

The train queue was misleading. I left at 1030 and it was actually no longer than Saturday. They now don't allow people to wait on the Brighton bound platform, or even under the covering - presumably to avoid the possibility of people accidentally being pushed on to the track by a surge. So there was an entire train load of people now visible who weren't before. Very well organised. Queued for 15 minutes, the same as the weekend.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Early days but I think the transport issue is a shambles. Family and friends family have tried several different ways from Brighton
- Mill Road P & R - ok on Saturdays to Falmer but slow on A27 on weekday nights and that is before the Unis are back! Terribly slow getting back on Saturday- queues until 6 pm
- Bennets Field- waited until 6.30 pm on Saturday and took until 7pm to get out- expensive way to wait around!
- Train- Tried it tonight but gave up on queues at Falmer at 10.15 pm which seemed for miles- walked through part of Moulsecoomb to Lewes Raod and saw several service buses go past as well as empty P & R one to Mithras House - Finally got 25 into Churchill Square and arrived there at 11pm- simply not good enough

Agree with previous poster that Club need summit meeting with all providers and Police to sort out. Hate to think what will happen when the Leeds and Palace fans are added to mix unless there are better systems in place. Cannot even think of 30k capacity at Falmer.

What might help alleviate matters is a stonking great taxi rank. Don't recall seeing a single taxi anywhere near the Amex.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
agreed , first time of trying tonight , was bloody awful!!

Caught the 25 bus pre-match from Natal Road - quicker than the Mithras House P&R buses, since it dropped everyone off on the Sussex University campus.

Post-match, aimed to get the 22:13 train to Lewes, for an onward connection to Glynde. But the queues were too long, so caught the next train (which was running about three minutes late). Travelling with the teaboy, who was aiming to connect with the 22:40 from Lewes to Victoria. We arrived in Lewes at 22:43, but - fortunately - they'd held the Victoria train and he made his connection. Time for me to have a quick half in the Lansdown and an amble back to Lewes station to catch the 23:22 to Glynde. An odd train this one ... rammed with Albion supporters and standing room only in the front carriage. Back three carriages had LOADS of room.

Note to self:- Give Dick's Bar a miss after the next evening game and you might get home an hour earlier.

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
We hung around after the match on Saturday, having a look around and a drinkie in Dick's Bar. At about 6.30 or so, we left, to find our bus to take us back to Mill Road. But they had all gone! So if you are park-and-riding on a Saturday and intend staying for drinks, check the time of your last park-and-ride bus.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The train queue was misleading. I left at 1030 and it was actually no longer than Saturday. They now don't allow people to wait on the Brighton bound platform, or even under the covering - presumably to avoid the possibility of people accidentally being pushed on to the track by a surge. So there was an entire train load of people now visible who weren't before. Very well organised. Queued for 15 minutes, the same as the weekend.

Sounds good. Fair play to your gamble of waiting til half-ten to head off for the train. It paid off. I wouldn't have trusted them that far personally, but it worked in your favour. Nice one!

There are no signs
ALL of the signing at the stadium is poor.

I don't think I've ever been to a football ground where there are NO signs pointing away supporters to the away end.

But, even where there are signs, the writing is so small that it can only be read when you are standing immediately in front of the sign. The signs might be intended to look beautiful, and in line with a fancy, "consistant" corporate image, but they DON'T WORK.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Getting to the Amex very easy, train from Brighton at 7pm. Coming home , left it an hour and when the bars shut headed for what looked like a long queue for the train. Fortunately this moved quickly and within ten minutes we were on a train, so not too bad in the end.

garethjamesuk

Jan 6, 2004
Eastbourne
Left east stand when was chucked out eg last orders and the train queue was packed to eastbourne, i seriousally think they a bit surprised how many brighton fans live on the outskirts of brighton just not enough trains.
But got chatting to a fit girl who working in the 1901 club and exchanged numbers so not all that bad.
End of day thats 2 wins out of 2, so happy, not so great atmosphere or train service but cant compain as got a lovely stadium.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Sounds good. Fair play to your gamble of waiting til half-ten to head off for the train. It paid off. I wouldn't have trusted them that far personally, but it worked in your favour. Nice one!

A benefit of the 1901 club! Although they shut the bar at 10 which is crap. The caterers seem to be intent on cutting every corner possible to save money. Sounds like the major problems with the trains are Lewes-bound or for those travelling beyond Brighton.

NorthStandN1A

Aug 1, 2011
Hove
Train station was a joke walking up at around 10:30 the line was almost to the stadium. Took a bus on A27.

I think if things don't change the club can forget getting approval for expanding seats in the ground, which is a big shame because it is evident there is a huge demand for it!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here