Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How to deal with gloating plastics today!

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Bloodyhell, can some people not take any banter coming their way whatsoever!?

Man up and take it on the chin.

People have supported big teams they never go to see ever since Association football began. So what. Get over yourselves, show a bit of humour!

D

Deleted member 18477

Bloodyhell, can some people not take any banter coming their way whatsoever!?

Man up and take it on the chin.

People have supported big teams they never go to see ever since Association football began. So what. Get over yourselves, show a bit of humour!

you must also support chelsea or something. brighton your 2nd team by any chance?

burrish-gull

Mar 24, 2009
Quality post, you have hit the nail on the head, we really have pissed a lot of plastics off so yesterday gave them a chance to have a pop

the plastics are only having a pop because they're now jealous. believe it or not they're.

reason as to why...

Over the last 15 years brighton have been down in the dumps. they couldnt possibly support the local team. why? 'because they're shit innit'... so they've all picked their plastic team to support from their sofa's.

BUT NOW... brighton (their local team) are suddenly moving up. These plastics are now royally pissed off because they wanted to support them over the last 15 years but they feared being slated for supporting a 'shit team' so they chickened out. They're now jealous of the local fans who support their local club. There is NOTHING better in football than seeing the local team you support do well. Over the last year and a half brighton have done very well. these plastics have had to deal with brighton talk in and around their lives for the first time in ages. they want to join in and be a part of it but they cant now, its too late for them. they've chosen their team. they cant possibly change can they. They'll be even more plastic. They have selfishly ruined their football supporting life just because they didnt want their team to be 'shit' for a few years whilst they rebuilt. They now detest the amount of local people who go to games week in week out. they cant get tickets for their clubs, nor afford it. The travel for starters is too expensive. they all now realise they have made one huge massive f***ing mistake!

moral of the story is: plastics will NEVER know what it feels like to support a team properly. That alone should make you ALL grin for the rest of the day!:D

p.s. to all palace fans... on this matter only... i respect you greatly!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Just ask whom they support and why, how many game they go to a season and (following their answer) how they think that constitutes supporting. Do they think Arsenal/Chelsea etc would be there today without the support of people like them? Because without the support of people like me, Brighton wouldn't be here.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Had a few comments this morning, mostly sympathetic to be fair. Easy enough to take the p1ss taking comments on the chin, I've been supporting Brighton for 26 years FFS!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
the plastics are only having a pop because they're now jealous. believe it or not they're.

reason as to why...

Over the last 15 years brighton have been down in the dumps. they couldnt possibly support the local team. why? 'because they're shit innit'... so they've all picked their plastic team to support from their sofa's.

BUT NOW... brighton (their local team) are suddenly moving up. These plastics are now royally pissed off because they wanted to support them over the last 15 years but they feared being slated for supporting a 'shit team' so they chickened out. They're now jealous of the local fans who support their local club. There is NOTHING better in football than seeing the local team you support do well. Over the last year and a half brighton have done very well. these plastics have had to deal with brighton talk in and around their lives for the first time in ages. they want to join in and be a part of it but they cant now, its too late for them. they've chosen their team. they cant possibly change can they. They'll be even more plastic. They have selfishly ruined their football supporting life just because they didnt want their team to be 'shit' for a few years whilst they rebuilt. They now detest the amount of local people who go to games week in week out. they cant get tickets for their clubs, nor afford it. The travel for starters is too expensive. they all now realise they have made one huge massive f***ing mistake!

moral of the story is: plastics will NEVER know what it feels like to support a team properly. That alone should make you ALL grin for the rest of the day!:D
Quality post.

p.s. to all palace fans... on this matter only... i respect you greatly!
You seem to have lost it there though. Palace fans only go because they've got a roof. They couldn't have handled the Withdean.

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea
Are you popular at parties?

You always find him in the kitchen.

Agree with dig54 on this one I must say.

I have many friends who live in the South East and support Man U or Liverpool or Chelsea or the like; jealous of the mighty Brighton coming up through the league like a Phoenix from the flames. They will never know what it is to be a true fan.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
You always find him in the kitchen.

Agree with dig54 on this one I must say.

I have many friends who live in the South East and support Man U or Liverpool or Chelsea or the like; jealous of the mighty Brighton coming up through the league like a Phoenix from the flames. They will never know what it is to be a true fan.

I'm not disputing that for a second. There have been MU, Liverpool fans etc. in the South East since the '50's if not before. To get upset by it, or by a bit of banter in the office is just ridiculous. Not everyone lives football 24/7 or feels the need to go to many games - so what? is all I'm saying.

For the record, I was born in Portsmouth and watched Waterlooville (my home town team) home and away for 15 years until they merged with Havant, by which time I'd moved to London and was playing Saturday football anyway. I then moved to Brighton 7 years ago, had my kids here and want them to support their local team. I'd have done the same whether Brighton were in the Conference South, or the Premiership.

So [MENTION=18477]dig54[/MENTION] was probably right, Brighton aren't the original football team I've followed!

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
How about our squad cost a third of the price of your left winger yesterday to assemble and you've taken great pride sitting in your arm chair to gloat over us. How very big of you!

or ask them

"which part of Liverpool you said you were from?" or "remind me again of your last trip to Anfield?".

I think its quite a compliment that they really wanted to beat "little O" Brighton so much!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here