Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How thick are students...

Joey Deacon's Disco Suit

It's a THUG life
Apr 19, 2010
If I don't get through to him this time, i'm going to give up :thumbsup:

:shrug:

'get through to me'? I told you already, I can't take seriously any of your eye witness report, seeing as the story has changed so much, so you just shrug away if you like.

Anyway....this 'f***ing scroate' comment of yours - I see you've avoided my question. Are you willing to say that to my face?

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
No they bloody don't !!!! It's very simple - protest peacefully and you won't get hit. It a demo turns violent then, as far as I'm concerned, the Police have every right to hit back. In this case, anybody with any common sense would have moved away from the building rather than just standing there. No sympathy from me I'm afraid.

What you fail to understand is there were people who were peacefully protesting, yet were getting attacked by the police. By all means police are entitled to retaliate to control the argy-bargy, but they must only do what is necessary. I'm not looking for sympathy, I understand why I got hit, I'm just saying police shouldn't be going around willy-nilly hitting people on the head with their battons. Their retaliation should be proportionate.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I think the comments of some people in this thread is clear evidence of why a university education is necessary, and why the reduction of accessibility is going to be an obvious long-term detriment to society.

I bet you would be one of the first to slag off a load of 'old man' football fans having a barney at a big derby game, huh? But its' OK for you, or if not you then those around you, to smash up property and not expect the police to do anything about it. Use that waste of an education to do the intelligent thing and move away from the area - then you won't get caught up in it.

A university education has been wasted on you really, even worse is that the taxpayer has paid for most of it.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
I bet you would be one of the first to slag off a load of 'old man' football fans having a barney at a big derby game, huh? But its' OK for you, or if not you then those around you, to smash up property and not expect the police to do anything about it. Use that waste of an education to do the intelligent thing and move away from the area - then you won't get caught up in it.

A university education has been wasted on you really, even worse is that the taxpayer has paid for most of it.

:thumbsup:

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
You're right. Comment withdrawn.

Actually, I answered the question. Don't withdraw it. Yes, I would say it to your face. I would say lots of things to anyones face, but not as an isolated first call.

If we were having this conversation, i'd swear and insult because thats how i get things out. I'm not going to come up to you at Withdean and say "YOU ARE A f***ing SCROAT" because outside of this conversation/debate on NSC i've not got a problem.

Passion is not something i'm going to say sorry for nor am I going to conduct my self differently just because i'm not accountable on here :thumbsup:

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003

:)

I like how you haven't listened to anything I've said.

SeagullRic

Jan 13, 2008
brighton
If you backtracked anymore you'd be time travelling. Your first post told me all I needed to know. You thought it was all jolly good fun and you got to bully some nasty Tories until the beastly plod give you and your mates a thoroughly deserved kicking.

Still buzzing from all this you come on here giving it Billy Big Bollocks. You think you're f***ing Che Guevera. Realising that you've dropped yourself in it completely with your tales of rebel bravado you then start to retreat "it wasn't intimidation it was...umm...I'm not sure but we certainly didn't say anything to those Milbank Tower workers. Not me, sir."

Bollocks. I hope you and your friends get identified by the police and get the full weight of the law thrown at you. This is a democracy and you and your silly mates have no right to bully people or cause criminal damage. Like I said, I was neutral until today. Having read the news and posts like yours I now have no sympathy for your position.

If you backtracked anymore you'd be time travelling. Your post about violence told me all I needed to know. You think threatening a 17 year old with personal assault is acceptable, despite having previously had a go at others for violence earlier on in the thread- hypocritical or what? You give it the billy big bollocks but then you start to retreat by withdrawing your comment, to save yourself face. Surely if you believe that ones spur of the moment emotions are what in fact defines you and not what is said to "save face", your intimidating comment should be taken as a true reflection of your personality, thus making you a vicious thug.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
:)

I like how you haven't listened to anything I've said.

They never do. Just give it a few years an we'll be proved right. Unfortunately.

I think that's the only way. Any one worth having a reasonable debate has stopped bothering now this thread has turned into a BINTFEST thanks to Hampshire Seagull and co.

Joey Deacon's Disco Suit

It's a THUG life
Apr 19, 2010
If you backtracked anymore you'd be time travelling. Your post about violence told me all I needed to know. You think threatening a 17 year old with personal assault is acceptable, despite having previously had a go at others for violence earlier on in the thread- hypocritical or what? You give it the billy big bollocks but then you start to retreat by withdrawing your comment, to save yourself face. Surely if you believe that ones spur of the moment emotions are what in fact defines you and not what is said to "save face", your intimidating comment should be taken as a true reflection of your personality, thus making you a vicious thug.

Ooh the drama. I've not threatened anyone have i? Anyway, get your own material. Typical lazy students plagiarising others.

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
They never do. Just give it a few years an we'll be proved right. Unfortunately.

I think that's the only way. Any one worth having a reasonable debate has stopped bothering now this thread has turned into a BINTFEST thanks to Hampshire Seagull and co.

Can only girls take part then? If it's a BINTFEST I had better let them sort it out.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Actually, I answered the question. Don't withdraw it. Yes, I would say it to your face. I would say lots of things to anyones face, but not as an isolated first call.

If we were having this conversation, i'd swear and insult because thats how i get things out. I'm not going to come up to you at Withdean and say "YOU ARE A f***ing SCROAT" because outside of this conversation/debate on NSC i've not got a problem.

Passion is not something i'm going to say sorry for nor am I going to conduct my self differently just because i'm not accountable on here :thumbsup:

Swearing and insulting is not exactly a good way to get a point across is it. Will also lead to some very uncomfortable situations in later life if that is the way you go about things

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
Swearing and insulting is not exactly a good way to get a point across is it. Will also lead to some very uncomfortable situations in later life if that is the way you go about things

Oh i've gotten in to some sticky situations with my "passionate" language already.

I'm not saying its my first port of call but it does get to a certain point.

SeagullRic

Jan 13, 2008
brighton
Ooh the drama. I've not threatened anyone have i? Anyway, get your own material. Typical lazy students plagiarising others.

Well I'd say your post was fairly threatening, but I suppose its a subjective matter!

Why did you withdraw your comment though? Your rant at KneeOn suggested that what is said in the heat of the moment is what is most important, thus meaning the withdrawal of your comment is by your own admission completely pointless.

To all those imploring me and other students to go and get a job, please take into account the importance of having well educated people within a society. We cannot all be plumbers, or builders, or low- skilled office workers, or policemen, and neither does everyone want to do a job like that. Personally, I find the courses I do at College very stimulating, and whilst I understand that not everybody shares such academic stimulation (and its a good thing they don't, because clearly you need a variety of jobs in a functional society) I fail to see why I and others like me should be punished for wanting to further my intellect.

I can see why the issue of fees grates with some people, and I agree to an extent about cutting courses in areas where a degree is not necessary. However, there is no alternative for me but to attend University if I want to achieve my ultimate dream of working in the social services. I had hoped to achieve some prior experience in this field during a gap year, but due to the massive hike in prices for the top universities I have since been put off the idea: proof if it is needed that Clegg's statement about making it fairer is unilaterally not true.

If we really do need to recover lots of money quickly, why can we not do it in a way which will not harm those at the bottom of the social pile who may have aspirations of moving further up the social ladder? Can we not hit those at the top hardest, penalising bankers for their greed rather than paying them off with huge pensions, or increasing the income tax of the richest 5% in society for whom very little damage will ultimately be caused?

Unfortunately, both the labour and conservative governments are too blinded to implement policies which might actually improving living conditions for the very poor, or increase their chances of going onto higher education if it stimulates them. "We're all in this together"- are we f***.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Can only girls take part then? If it's a BINTFEST I had better let them sort it out.

:lolol::lolol: Would you? Thanks.

Then I can stop pointing out what a terrible choice of profession you have for a name calling, malicious old git.

Joey Deacon's Disco Suit - slander is when it is spoken, libel is when it is written down or recorded. Like on here for example. I have quite a lot of literature on it I can lend you if you like? It has a pretty high reading age though... hope that doesn't put you off.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here