Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How thick are students...

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
f***ing scroat? My, you really are the keyboard warrior aren't you? You students really know how to win hearts and minds.

I've explained it quite clearly what my involvement was, and whatteh majority at the protests involvement was and what the majority at Millbanks involvement was and you still don't get it so you are a scroat. Yes, i'm being a keyboard warrior out of frustration. Which shows how serious we are about being heard. sick of people like you not listening and assuming even though i was on the ground.

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
I've explained it quite clearly what my involvement was, and whatteh majority at the protests involvement was and what the majority at Millbanks involvement was and you still don't get it so you are a scroat. Yes, i'm being a keyboard warrior out of frustration. Which shows how serious we are about being heard. sick of people like you not listening and assuming even though i was on the ground.

People are listening. Your just not the majority.

On-roof-students-cheered-Below-thugs-kicked-windows.html
I know its the Mail and therefore complete bolocks and the word of the anti-christ, but the opening sums up where you went wrong.

The sensible ones went home early. They had made their protest, made their point. Now they were filing away through the streets with their banners aloft, bearing the name of their respective universities like Roman legions returning from battle.

This was how the organisers of yesterday’s student protest – and the Metropolitan Police – believed it would end.

But a few hundred yards away, on the banks of the Thames, a real battle was about to begin. A small element of troublemakers appears to have hijacked the biggest street protest the coalition Government has faced since coming to power – and turned it into a bloody riot.

Joey Deacon's Disco Suit

It's a THUG life
Apr 19, 2010

You haven't explained clearly. You've chopped and changed your story so much that, quite frankly, I've given up believing a word of what you say but in amongst all that, I'm still a scroat? I see. Wanna say that to my face?

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
Having seen students with "f***" on one cheek and "Fees" on the other, I seriously wonder what the future will be like. One student comparing it "to the days of Thatcher" when he was not even a twinkle in his dad's ballbag at the time lends no credence to the statements.

If you want to do this, then organise it properly. Arrange it, involve the police in the planning, arrange your own stewards, agree the route plan. Show you can take charge of the protest rather than being sidetracked by the people who hijacked it.

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
just saw some clips. classic opening on the 8am BBC news. some mug kicked in a big window, stood triumphantly behind it with his arms up and it fell backwards on him. Funniest thing I've seen in ages.

Hope they lock up the lot, the new generation have no respect for the law and they need to understand they can't break it when things don't go their way. They should put that energy into getting a job to pay for the fee's. Clegg just said they don't need to pay up front anyway?

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
The Daily Mash - BRITAIN BACKS MIDDLE CLASS CHILDREN WHO WANT THE MOON ON A STICK

BRITAIN today threw its weight behind middle class children who deserve everything handed to them on a plate because they're all so very special.

As spoiled young people who think they know everything attacked the police, across the country millions of ordinary workers cheered them on and said they were the best people in the world.

In central London, more than 50,000 lazy, pretentious, self-absorbed protesters said it was vital for Britain's future that the cost of their education should not be allowed to eat into their handsome, white collar salaries and their capacity to pay for shitty, new world music and holidays in the less touristy parts of Italy.

So true! :clap2:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Having seen students with "f***" on one cheek and "Fees" on the other, I seriously wonder what the future will be like. One student comparing it "to the days of Thatcher" when he was not even a twinkle in his dad's ballbag at the time lends no credence to the statements.

He would have got a full grant and and tutition fees paid around that time :lolol:

.. although it was admittedly the beginning of the end.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley

Couldn't agree more. All of the people interviewed for the news were proper middle class plonkers. Shame, because from my experience in the student movement, that is not the case (some very noisy bollinger bolshevics [sp?] aside).

If you want to do this, then organise it properly. Arrange it, involve the police in the planning, arrange your own stewards, agree the route plan. Show you can take charge of the protest rather than being sidetracked by the people who hijacked it.

They did. It was arranged properly with police. There were stewards (many stewards) and an agreed route plan. They did take charge of the protest. There were 50,000 marchers. Unfortunately a minority of a couple of hundred idiots ruined the event from everyone. I've been on NUS marches before - they are incredibly well organised and have always been peaceful, which is why I can understand why the police were unprepared.

In short, the few ruined what was a valid and supposedly peaceful protest.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
just saw some clips. classic opening on the 8am BBC news. some mug kicked in a big window, stood triumphantly behind it with his arms up and it fell backwards on him. Funniest thing I've seen in ages.

?

I would have laughed even more if it had pinned him to the floor, real shame he got away injury free

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
they are incredibly well organised and have always been peaceful, which is why I can understand why the police were unprepared.

Because the police CONSTANTLY get criticised for over-policing riots, sorry peaceful marches, now they stand back and let it happen because the rioters record everything with their iphones and people say its all their fault again :nono:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
From the footage I've seen the Police need applauding this time.

If they lost control at some point, they've not lost public opinion this time.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Does seem that the majority of people on here have little or no sympathy for the students, a lot of which has to do with what happened yesterday. The irony is that I have little doubt that the majority of the troublemakers were not even students, they're anarchists who don't give a toss as to whose cause they damage.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Does seem that the majority of people on here have little or no sympathy for the students, a lot of which has to do with what happened yesterday. The irony is that I have little doubt that the majority of the troublemakers were not even students, they're anarchists who don't give a toss as to whose cause they damage.

I do have sympathy for them and I'm not particularly happy about Higher Education being turned into something exclusively for the rich.

There is no evidence to suggest they weren't students. It's like describing football hooligans as "not football fans". It's possible to be both.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley

Seems to be the same arguement made by Aaron Porter (NUS President) yesterday evening. They planned a peaceful protest to get their voice heard. The actions of the few have ruined the message of the wider protest.

Shame, regardless of whether you agreee with the NUS's stance or not, they have the right to peaceful protest. A few hundred muppets went too far and ruined it, in my opinion.

Last edited:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Seems to be the same arguement made by Aaron Porter (NUS President) yesterday evening. They planned a peaceful protest to get their voice heard. The actions of the few have ruined the message of the wider protest.

Shame, regardless of whether you agreee with the NUS's stance or not, they have the right to peaceful protest. A few hundred muppets went too far and ruined it, in my opinion.

To be fair to Aaron Porter he said that straight away, most students I'm sure agree with him. Personally I just think it was high jacked by the usual 'Rentamob' faction who have no interest in the actual cause in the first place. Sadly they won and everybody else lost.

How do you stop these anarchists ? Well if you give the Police and Intelligence forces a free and you have the Civil Liberties followers amongst others screaming about a facist state. See the debate we had on here about CCTV a few weeks ago.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here