Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How the hell has this bloke got off this

tinytears

Feb 5, 2010
i'd shake him ny the hand, kids these days have NO respect for there elders, they need a beating every now and then, if it happened to one of my kids and i found out they had been asking for it i wouldnt complain

Please tell me you dont have or ever intend to have kids. You earn respect not beat it into people Kids or adults.

Last edited:

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
The normal reaction everyone gives is hang him or give him a medal, but this is a sorry indication of the society we are creating. On a legal note for murder you have to prove intent beyond any reasonable doubt, ie he planned to kill the kid, I really believe this was not the case.

The guy was seriously f***ed up and the management should have spotted the problem well before we got to this situation, the teacher had a history of stress and it was known that the children were winding him up. The education system let down the teacher and the children but with our do-good system you are not allowed to blame the system, individuals have to take the blame.

Discipline needs to be reintroduced to schools and yes I do have children.

Joey Deacon's Disco Suit

It's a THUG life
Apr 19, 2010

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
A good teacher can control their class, this man can obviously not control anything. Including his temper. Can't believe he got away with fracturing a minors skull! Astonishing.

Spoken like someone who knows what he's taking about ...... :nono:

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
To murder someone you must either intend to kill them or intend to cause GBH (which can be transferred by magic into being sufficient for a murder charge, one of the extremely outdated doctrines of criminal law). He has pleaded guilty to GBH meaning he had the intent and committed the act of GBH, had the child died he would have been guilty of his murder on the basis he had the intent to cause GBH and the child died as a result. Prosecution would have found it easier had the child died.

Where does it say you must have intent to cause GBH. Isn't that just relative to the extent of injury rather than anything to do with intent? Murder must be preplanned which was clearly not the case here.

If he was mentally ill he should of been sectioned , not sent to work with kids again

Dumb arse comment. Perhaps you should research the story a bit more.

There is NO excuse for hitting a child with a metal dumbell and fracturing his skull , if it was that bad he should have done the grown up thing and walk away. All those who stuck up for the monster should hang their heads in shame, im sure such an educated man would have realised what damage, smashing a dumbell against someones head does.

It wasn't a rational decision though was it. Your comments clearly highlight your ignorance.

We do live in a f***ed up society when anyone thinks there is an excuse for smashing a childs skull in with a dumbell. Maybe give the little shit a punch but for fucks sake if hitting someone with a dumbell with enough force to fracture their skull ,whilst shouting die die die isnt attempted murder i dont know what is. They guy is a teacher, a position of trust and he abused it.

As others have stated, double standards. More ignorance it would appear.

I just think using a dumbell shows he meant to kill the kid rather than just lashing out with a hand or fist,in 99.9% of cases a single blow from a human hand will cause alot less damage than repeated blows with a heavy metal object.

Ditto previous comment. You are digging a big hole for yourself with that ignorance thing aren't you!!!

The normal reaction everyone gives is hang him or give him a medal, but this is a sorry indication of the society we are creating. On a legal note for murder you have to prove intent beyond any reasonable doubt, ie he planned to kill the kid, I really believe this was not the case.

The guy was seriously f***ed up and the management should have spotted the problem well before we got to this situation, the teacher had a history of stress and it was known that the children were winding him up. The education system let down the teacher and the children but with our do-good system you are not allowed to blame the system, individuals have to take the blame.

Discipline needs to be reintroduced to schools and yes I do have children.

Agree with your first point. As for the second paragraph, I think you will find he had been off with depression and had already had a phased return to work starting with him giving a couple of lessons a week with assistance until he, his doctor and the school were happy he was well enough to teach again.

This is a fine example of NSC mob mentality where an ignorant few demonstrate that Sun Reader mentality of being able to read a headline and a brief summary of story and then jump to all sorts of conclusions. People on here saying it was attempted murder. Had he gone to school and planned to pull the kid out of class and bash him with a dumbell before the class had even started then probably yes but that wasn't the case was it. As for the moron who says it is ok to punch someone in the face but not hit them with a dumbell, well it beggars belief. How many times do you read in the papers of people being hit once and then smashing their head when falling and dying.

And these people have the right to vote!!!!!!!!!

A good teacher can control their class, this man can obviously not control anything. Including his temper. Can't believe he got away with fracturing a minors skull! Astonishing.

A good teacher will be able to be 1 step ahead of the unruly, mainly by planning appropriately before hand.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I blame the parents. What sort of morons send their kids to school (the place which will probably define the kids quality of life for the next 40 years) with an aim of being disruptive and winding up the poor bastards who are trying to help them.

I have kids who are well behaved at school, know that their parents are supportive of what the teachers are trying to do, and surprise surprise are doing exceptionally well. If you want to breed, take responsibility for the results

.......... and relax

*edit* They also have a very good record of not being attacked by teachers - coincidence ?

Last edited:

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden

Maybe you could do a few days supply work in an inner city school ? Unfortunately there are some absolutely fantastic teachers that are not allowed to teach due to disruption.

krakatoa

Jan 21, 2010
HOVE
I have some family members who teach, and sadly bad behaviour is endemic in many schools, and sanctions are feeble. Yet another area where this Labour government have failed so lamentably.

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
A good teacher will be able to be 1 step ahead of the unruly, mainly by planning appropriately before hand.

So having a good starter and learning intententions, maybe a card sort, a bit of peer assessment and a plenary ?
:shootself
Yep that will work with 30 or so disaffected pupils, possibly some under the influence, " Jimmy please climb down from the walls, I have a filling in the blanks for you". "Tommy don't say this is f***ing b****cks , crop rotation is very interesting"

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
There was a copy of The Daily Mail in my local last night and I read this report and I could not believe the stance they were taking over this violent attack. They were trying to justify it by saying that the kids had driven this good man to his breakdown and basically the lad in question had had it coming. f*** me I dont know whats most scary here. Oh and they said that the boy had been 'TOLD OFF' at least 9 times this term. Christ sake, I used to be told off 9 times a day.
The teacher was a nutter and shouldn`t have been anywhere near children.

Last edited:

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
There was a copy of The Daily Mail in my local last night and I read this report and I could not believe the stance they were taking over this violent attack. They were trying to justify it by saying that the kids had driven this good man to his breakdown and basically the lad in question had had it coming. f*** me I dont know whats most scary here. Oh and they said that the boy had been 'TOLD OFF' at least 9 times this term. Christ sake, I used to be told off 9 times a day.

The jury obviously took this line too...

bn3gunner

Feb 12, 2007
I understand what you are saying drew but my point is picking up a weapon to attack a child, in my opinion shows more intent to cause serious damage than lashing out with a fist or hand, what in your highly educated opinion would cause more damage, a single punch or repeated blows with a heavy metal object ?
I fail to see how im digging a hole for myself and i stand by what i said. I dont want to live in a world where people who attack children with dumbells are allowed to walk the streets.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003

Christ I actually agree with The Daily Mail for once!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here