Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How the hell has this bloke got off this

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
He had been off work with stress previously. It was a 4 day trial, the jury heard all the evidence but took less than 3 hours to clear him.

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.
A good teacher can control their class, this man can obviously not control anything. Including his temper. Can't believe he got away with fracturing a minors skull! Astonishing.

This. I have been in a class when a teacher has been called a lot worse than "Psycho"

All the people on here who are saying that they are glad that he got off would probably being going on about how kids like that need the book thrown at them if it had been the other way round.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
A good teacher can control their class, this man can obviously not control anything. Including his temper. Can't believe he got away with fracturing a minors skull! Astonishing.

He didnt get away with it he pleaded guilty to the lesser charge.

Kids today know schools are generally lawless and they can get away with literally anything due to the pathetic system we now live in. It doesnt matter if its a good teacher or a bad teacher if a kid wants to abuse his priviledge of being given an education he will do so with little threat of punishment.

If mobile phones only had the ability to make phone calls a lot of trouble in schools would cease.

And no I am not justifiying what he did was right, it obviously wasnt, but the child himself knew exactly how to push the right buttons to set the teacher off with the sole aim to raise his standing with his fellow pupils, he was probably to stupid to know when to stop.

Last edited:

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
He probably got off in the same way all those so called minors get off for attacking teachers; welcome to the adult world "kids" where if you can't take it, you shouldn't dish it out :thumbsup:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
He didnt get away with it he pleaded guilty to the lesser charge.

Kids today know schools are generally lawless and they can get away with literally anything due to the pathetic system we now live in. It doesnt matter if its a good teacher or a bad teacher if a kid wants to abuse his priviledge of being given an education he will do so with little threat of punishment.

If mobile phones only had the ability to make phone calls a lot of trouble in schools would cease.

Thank Thatcher as these are thatchers childrens children. A material world and an I'm all right jack attitude.

Still shocking decision though

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
He pleaded guilty to GBH I think, ironically had the child died this would have been enough for murder (so I doubt he would have pleaded guilty to it had the child died). Jury have obviously decided he didn't intend to murder. Strange.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Phones are a massive problem in classroom disruption and teachers from more than one Brighton school have had 'secretly shot' footage of themselves in lessons put on the net in recent years by kids with mobile phones.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
I would queue to shake his hand.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

The kid was a little bastard, whose continual goading, along with his classmates, caused a decent man to lose his head. Cowardly mob mentality by kids who think they can get away with anything are to blame here. It doesn't excuse the teacher's actions but I bet the little bastards will think twice before trying something similar in the future.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
He pleaded guilty to GBH I think, ironically had the child died this would have been enough for murder (so I doubt he would have pleaded guilty to it had the child died). Jury have obviously decided he didn't intend to murder. Strange.
Doesn't murder or attempted murder imply some sort of pre-mediation and planning. If the boy had died, it would have been manslaughter?

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
Doesn't murder or attempted murder imply some sort of pre-mediation and planning. If the boy had died, it would have been manslaughter?

To murder someone you must either intend to kill them or intend to cause GBH (which can be transferred by magic into being sufficient for a murder charge, one of the extremely outdated doctrines of criminal law). He has pleaded guilty to GBH meaning he had the intent and committed the act of GBH, had the child died he would have been guilty of his murder on the basis he had the intent to cause GBH and the child died as a result. Prosecution would have found it easier had the child died.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
If every classroom was issued with a dumb bell across the UK, would discipline rapidly improve? It would also prove a useful paper-weight. Two birds, one stone.:thumbsup:

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
If every classroom was issued with a dumb bell across the UK, would discipline rapidly improve? It would also prove a useful paper-weight. Two birds, one stone.:thumbsup:

There'd be more fractured skulls than A grade passes but it's a price most of us would be willing to pay. You thought about entering politics portlock?

:thumbsup:

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
The kid was a little bastard, whose continual goading, along with his classmates, caused a decent man to lose his head. Cowardly mob mentality by kids who think they can get away with anything are to blame here. It doesn't excuse the teacher's actions but I bet the little bastards will think twice before trying something similar in the future.

Well put.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
There'd be more fractured skulls than A grade passes but it's a price most of us would be willing to pay. You thought about entering politics portlock?

:thumbsup:

Can't now. Made too many NSC posts and the internet has been the downfall of many wanna be politicians e.g. my alias would get rumbled one day and the Sun's headline would scream sometime afterward MP in "I'll s*** on former Focus DIY Exec's grave" outrage! Not that I didn't mean it. Or that it's especially outrageous; they dung Cromwell up and re-hanged him, and he's another bastard dictator who got away with murder.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here