Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How should the "seat lettering" read in each stand at Falmer?

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
To Let -- and then do a corporate sponsorship.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
H O M E

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Aaaarrgh - NOTHING. It always, always looks horribly cheap and tacky when clunky lettering spells out a tacky little nickname at some northern hellhole's tin shed. Please no.

I could just about - just - handle a picture of a seagull, say. Or maybe one of Dick, so we could all say that we happily sit on a dick.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
How about having alternating blocks of blue and white seats, so it looks like stripes...not so sure about having any letters mixed in.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
2748470ey6.jpg

We should have multi-coloured seats to disguise empty spaces.

It looks awful (and therefore bad for atmopshere/players) when there are blocks of empty seats in the same colour - see Middlesbrough on MoTD most weeks.

I suggested this to the club. Didn't receive a reply, of course...

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
What Wozza said. Banks of same coloured empty seats look utterly depressing. And if you want an answer Wozza, it really is time you joined THE INNER CIRCLE. ;)

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Some sense on this thread. The mutli coloured seats are the SENSIBLE option, but would it really look like OUR ground? If they are blue and white, I'd go for a massive seagull on the low stand and 'BHAFC' on the big one.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Just think... a few years ago we'd have been absolutely delighted to even be seriously contributing to this topic..

The multi-coloured seats are a good idea, but they'd look like shit. You very rarely (if ever) see striped seats, so there's probably some sort of reason against that too.. would look amazing though..

Slightly off point, but I was thinking, wouldn't it be great to get the old north stand back, a singing section BEHIND the goal. A favourite end. I'm worried that it will have that slightly dead feeling if there's not one, but it would mean people getting a 'worse' view. could it happen?

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
Some sense on this thread. The mutli coloured seats are the SENSIBLE option, but would it really look like OUR ground? If they are blue and white, I'd go for a massive seagull on the low stand and 'BHAFC' on the big one.

Well that would certainly look like our ground when the seats are empty most weeks, yes.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Well that would certainly look like our ground when the seats are empty most weeks, yes.

The important thing is that it looks nice in those 'Football Grounds from the Air' books...

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
We are Brighton and Hove Albion and therefore that should be prominent however, the seagull logo would be good but not the word Seagulls as that is tacky.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here