Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How refreshing

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Short memories…and Potter is correct in the comment about criticism on local forums not so long ago

http://nortr3nixy.nimpr.uk/show...-Hughton-II/page12&highlight=Potter+in+or+out

Some very embarrassing posts there.

Some fans don’t like the manager being praised or even worshiped in a style similar to our players.

I’m not one of those.

Potter is every bit as talented as any of our players, different talents but he is the man that will take us to our highest league finish ever.

If the recruitment team get their targets and manage to keep the majority of Biss, Tross, Mac, Maupay and Groß, Potter will establish us as a top 10 side - I’m convinced he will.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Very much so.

It's hard to imagine him going 4 months without a home win, anywhere else, and still have thousands singing his name every home game.
Fixating on the handful of fans who once booed, when he's subsequently admitted they had good reason, isn't a good look.

He mentioned in passing some fans online weren’t keen on him - they weren’t , a tiny minority, but they weren’t - in a brief moment in an interview that was purely designed to show he could laugh at himself. Hardly fixated.

A few on NSC might still be fixated on trivia like him noticing the boos in a post match interview months ago or acknowledging that fans shout “shoot” and clutching their pearls about it (still) but I imagine he’s not in the slightest bit fussed about it and everyone else has rightly long since moved on.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
He mentioned in passing some fans online weren’t keen on him - they weren’t , a tiny minority, but they weren’t - in a brief moment in an interview that was purely designed to show he could laugh at himself. Hardly fixated.

A few on NSC might still be fixated on trivia like him noticing the boos in a post match interview months ago or acknowledging that fans shout “shoot” and clutching their pearls about it (still) but I imagine he’s not in the slightest bit fussed about it and everyone else has rightly long since moved on.

Seemingly every except the man himself.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I'm guessing despite how he wants to portray himself, GPott needs something to butt up against.

But he can't have it both ways.

He can't bask in the glory of Saturday and tell the world:-

'the home fans needed that cos we've been shitehouse all season at The AMEX'.
&
Still swoon to the floor x months after a tiny bit of criticism from less than 10 people.

He runs the risk of being Mourino-lite. (Not a compliment)

That seems a very jaundiced view.

He always seems very level-headed with his feet firmly on the ground. Some relatively innocent remarks he has made on occasion have been, in my view, taken out of context and blown up out of all proportion.

To begin to compare him to the negative side of Mourinho is laughable.

Robinjakarta

Jul 14, 2014
Jakarta
He probably should ignore junior and his gang lol.

I'm sure he does. He's actually had quite a bit of criticism from many on this site (with one of the loudest ones - not Junior) noticeably quiet at the moment. Only need to scroll back to the very recent bad spell. They'll be back when there's another one. As for Junior, if his 'contributions' about Potter are in jest as are said to be, a sense of humour transplant should fix that.

Robinjakarta

Jul 14, 2014
Jakarta
He knows this is the perfect job for him. For now.
He has the backing he needs to increase his profile until he's ready to take a bigger job.

Like Gus, he will reach his "ceiling" here.
Unlike Gus, he will know when it's the right time to move on.

Agree. My main fear is that with our limited resources that this ceiling may have already been reached. He and the team have done fantastically to get us where we are now. We will do very well to equal that next season probably without Bissouma and more. Interesting transfer window approaching!

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Agree. My main fear is that with our limited resources that this ceiling may have already been reached. He and the team have done fantastically to get us where we are now. We will do very well to equal that next season probably without Bissouma and more. Interesting transfer window approaching!

We don't have limited resources at all.
It's just we work to a budget.
That Budget goes up every time we manage to sell on one of our developed players.

This model plays to Potter's strengths.
His two main skills are player development and tactical flexibility.

I think all of us can see now, that we can afford to sell Bissouma and still look to push forward again next season.
There's a good chance that one of Sanchez/Lamptey/Mwepu will be our next big sale, with Moder/Caceido/Sarmiento looking like good prospects for the following season.

Potter can see the pipeline better than anybody.
I don't think we are even close to hitting his ceiling yet.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
How can you read anything into (or not) 'I enjoy it here'? It's as meaningless as Bobby Zamora's 'It would be nice' when asked back in the day if he'd still be at BHA the following season (he wasn't, he'd already been tapped up by...wait for it... Spurs)

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Very much so.

It's hard to imagine him going 4 months without a home win, anywhere else, and still have thousands singing his name every home game.
Fixating on the handful of fans who once booed, when he's subsequently admitted they had good reason, isn't a good look.

Forgive me but unless I have missed some banner headlines, the only person I can see who is still going on about this is you.

Suggesting he is fixated about booing is jolly fun in a satirical narrative, of course. I've heard he doesn't touch booze because it has boo in it!

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003

Why did he bring it up then?

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Very much so.

Has he?
I'd be disappointed if he has.

The Leeds game was not the match to boo the players off the field.
We absolutely battered them and should have won 3-0, but shit happens.

The Newcastle game or the Burnley/Villa games, sure, fill your boots.
Bad performances that warranted some unrest.
But the Leeds game?

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
It's the site in a parallel universe, South Stand Gossip where a load of Swedish fans of the club talk relentlessly about anything and everything while a lone Englishman chips in from time to time with a mix of genuinely impressive insight and provocative 'free thinking'.

Username: Seagullsmann :moo:

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
I don't know what 'local fan sites' he's referring to but it certainly wasn't NSC. Even taking into account the musings of certain members, support for him on here has always ranged from extremely high to astronomically high.

We are Brighton maybe?

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I don't know what 'local fan sites' he's referring to but it certainly wasn't NSC. Even taking into account the musings of certain members, support for him on here has always ranged from extremely high to astronomically high.

I'm not sure that's true, is it? There was a Potter in/out poll that had the majority wanting him out at one stage, I'm sure there was.

When we go on another bad run next year, are the same dullards going to want him out again? Imagine if we dared to finish a place or two lower than where we finish this season- will people want us to tear everything up and start again with someone completely new?

(I know the answer to that, depressingly).

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
It's the site in a parallel universe, Flat Pack Self Assembly Stand Gossip where a load of Swedish fans of the club talk relentlessly about anything and everything while a lone Englishman chips in from time to time with a mix of genuinely impressive insight and provocative 'free thinking'.

Corrected for you.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here