Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How popular would it be if Aston Villa were our first opponents at Falmer?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I saw loads and loads of Villa/Albion scarves being worn on Saturday when handing out balloons.

When I first saw what I assume to be one, I thought it was someone wearing both an Albion and a Villa scarf. But as I noticed others wearing similar, I realised it was a single scarf with both colours/teams upon it.

I thought the same: Why would someone buy such a thing?

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
The first game at falmer should be Palace. FACT.
f*** Doncaster
f*** Villa
f*** Man City

NO NO NO NO AND NO :rant:

Playing Palace in the first game should not even be considered. Do you really want to run the risk of having our lovely shiny new stadium forever soiled by having lost the first match there to them?

Yeah yeah, okay, we could win, but the risk just ain't worth it.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Nope some people (probably bobble hats & those who go only to big games) bought the combined Villa/Brighton scarf.

Im sorry guys but live in the real world - the first fixture will be a GLAMOUR tie against a big club to draw the punters in.

I can see it being a tournament thing maybe like they have at the Emirates or whatever.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Agree would love to have Donny Rovers for the first game ... and maybe a friendly against Wrexham a week later!

???
I can see why Donny might have a place in our hearts, but Wrexham? ??? Why the f*** would they be invited?

IMO, a ramp up event should be one of:

Donny - original solidarity between supporters, and they were our lst Goldstone opponents
Southampton - just to return the compliment (sort of) I suppose. We were their first and last opponents at The Dell.
A glamorous big team. Maybe Man Utd - FAC final opponents when we were a big(ish) club.
Palace - enough said.
Some foreign FLAIR outfit. Le Havre would do.

Rusthall Seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Tunbridge wells
I can see why Donny might have a place in our hearts, but Wrexham? ??? Why the f*** would they be invited?

IMO, a ramp up event should be one of:

Donny - original solidarity between supporters, and they were our lst Goldstone opponents
Southampton - just to return the compliment (sort of) I suppose. We were their first and last opponents at The Dell.
A glamorous big team. Maybe Man Utd - FAC final opponents when we were a big(ish) club.
Palace - enough said.
Some foreign FLAIR outfit. Le Havre would do.

you can add Le Harve to the shit package too

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Agree would love to have Donny Rovers for the first game ... and maybe a friendly against Wrexham a week later!

???

Doncaster Rovers? Why?

And Wrexham? Now you have got to be taking the piss?

Nice new ground will be the start of a bright future, it should be a big Club, either Premiership or Foreign (just to get us ready for European football).

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Another vote for Donny Rovers, our last opponents at the Goldstone and another club that has been through the wringer before things finally started to head in the right direction.

If we invite a Premiership team what is stopping them sending down a team of kids/reserves and want-aways...that seems pretty much par for the course! At least if we returned the compliment and invited Saints there is a fair chance they would bring a few real fans and create some sort of atmosphere...if it were Man Utd they would just be plastics from places like Hastings and Bognor!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here