Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How on earth can we be losing £8 million a year?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
as interesting as the dynamics of pie pricing is, does anyone actually know where the losses have come from?

No, hence the great pie debate

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
This isn't a criticism of this club but the industry as a whole.

But is anyone else concerned that FFP will be used as an excuse to fleece more money out of the fans rather than sort the real problem out..... Inflated wages ?

I'm getting increasingly annoyed by fans and management moaning about investment in the playing squad etc...

When will football including the fans wake up. We know what the problem is.

This brings into question the subject of whether wage capping should be brought in.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Well after reading this whole thread (about 10 minutes of my life i will never get back!!!) it appears that thanks to the pies we are financially in the shit!!!

Now, that being the case, if every fan who attends, eats 10 pies each, we will be in a very good financial position this time next year, there will be an added cost for making all the turnstiles bigger, apart from that ....Happy Days :)

Sorry but you're wrong so Mr Chicken says, I think :moo:

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
as interesting as the dynamics of pie pricing is, does anyone actually know where the losses have come from?
in a word - NO

A wild guess in two words - "players wages"

MACCAPACCA

Feb 18, 2009
Worthing
The trouble is that the accounts lodged at Companies House give hardly any information at all. No turnover, and no breakdown of overheads etc. I am not at all convinced that we will ever actually find out the reason for this loss.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
in a word - NO

A wild guess in two words - "players wages"

I agree wages and I'm sure there's been an amount of empire building within the club.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Hang on!!! maybe you have hit the nail on the head.....................is it the CONTENT of the pies that are causing the 8m loss? it's worth debating.......

how about everyone collect up the road kill around Sussex and deliver it at home games, to be used for the next game's pies.

Bigbelly

Banned
Sep 24, 2011
i don't care anymore. It's not my money. I have a mortgage and family to look after they come first.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The trouble is that the accounts lodged at Companies House give hardly any information at all. No turnover, and no breakdown of overheads etc. I am not at all convinced that we will ever actually find out the reason for this loss.

With a good eye, along with the holding company's accounts, they will reveal a surprisingly high amount, because these companies are not small under the Companies Act.

There won't be a detailed list of overhead costs, but we will find out everything else, including some costs such as wages, directors pay, depreciation charges, rent costs, and everything we want to know on stadium expenditure, Bloom's loan and its terms, transfers, income breakdown.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Paul Barber has a hotline into Mod Towers, and has just left us a message........... and I can reveal that due to giving away free serviettes and toilet roll at home games, this season we are down 8million!! as of next season so as to get this massive loss back, it is imperitve that all fans have a dump PRIOR to attending the game and wipe there mouths on their sleeves!

He does thank everyone for their cooperation regarding this important and vital matter.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Well after reading this whole thread (about 10 minutes of my life i will never get back!!!) it appears that thanks to the pies we are financially in the shit!!!

Now, that being the case, if every fan who attends, eats 10 pies each on every home game! we will be in a very good financial position this time next year, there will be an added cost for making all the turnstiles bigger, apart from that ....Happy Days :)
Can't be arsed to read 10 pages and lose 10 mins of my life but has anyone mentioned a global brand for a shirt sponsor next year that would wiPe of the £8M deficit instead of using a local firm paying a pittance

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
how about everyone collect up the road kill around Sussex and deliver it at home games, to be used for the next game's pies.

See, this is where NSC comes into it's own.......you have just come up with a financially club saving idea! :clap: you will sir, get the Queens medal for this! (don't eat it all at once as it's luvverly chocolate)

Feb 14, 2010
The answer to the question is that football pays too high wages to its staff, notably the players and coaches. The Albion are not alone in this but the Albion get more than 25,000 through the door when most clubs are lucky to get 16000 which means we should be doing better then those who cant compete with these crowds.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
See, this is where NSC comes into it's own.......you have just come up with a financially club saving idea! :clap: you will sir, get the Queens medal for this! (don't eat it all at once as it's luvverly chocolate)

I thank you for your pheasant remarks, I'll pigeon hole your response, must stop rabbiting there's pastry to be rolled out.

Bigbelly

Banned
Sep 24, 2011
Paul Barber has a hotline into Mod Towers, and has just left us a message........... and I can reveal that due to giving away free serviettes and toilet roll at home games, this season we are down 8million!! as of next season so as to get this massive loss back, it is imperitve that all fans have a dump PRIOR to attending the game and wipe there mouths on their sleeves!

He does thank everyone for their cooperation regarding this important and vital matter.

You may laugh and joke about these things but lets see if you're grinning next season when the season tickets go up, lets hope they go up so the likes of you can't attend. Prick.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011

Now, that being the case, if every fan who attends, eats 10 pies each on every home game! we will be in a very good financial position this time next year, there will be an added cost for making all the turnstiles bigger, apart from that ....Happy Days :)

Is it just me or should we not just ditch the greedy piglets pantry and start making money from selling a different product

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
You may laugh and joke about these things but lets see if you're grinning next season when the season tickets go up, lets hope they go up so the likes of you can't attend. Prick.

Oh dear, resorting to abuse is not the way forward my friend, healthy debate is fine, has the talk of pies got anything to do with your username?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here