Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How Old Will You Be When We Move into Falmer in July 2011??

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
25 , coming up 26 :( - man that is SCARY!!

otk

~(.)(.)~
May 15, 2007
Leg out of the bed
I was 10 when I saw my first Albion game in 1972

I was 35 when we left The Goldstone

I WILL be 49 when we move into Falmer

And I will be 53 when we win The Champions League :bigwave:

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
i was 25 when we left the goldstone.Will be just turned 39 when we move into falmer but still look 25:yahoo:

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
My first Albion game was in 1960
I was 43 when we left the Goldstone
I shall be 57 when/if we move into the new stadium in summer 2011 although statistically I'm more likely to be just a name on a brick. Still, at least I'll have seen the building work commence unlike my dad, Dave White and all the others.

I,m sure I,ve read before that you,re battling cancer....?

I sometimes despair at all the delays with this stadium. I would love future generations to be able to support the Albion at Falmer and those who "only" joined since we got to Withdean.

But above all others, I hope so many of those like yourself, who have supported Brighton for so many years, through the good times and bad, will be around long after Falmer is built.

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
One thing is for sure - I will have lost the will to live long before that f***ing stadium is ever opened.

:thud:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Same as Brett. 16-30 would probably classify as the prime age to follow the team... Thanks to everyone that made that possible. Mr Stanley, Mr Archer, Mr Bellotti, Ms De Vecchi, Mr Neighbour, Mr Baker, Ms Cuttress, Ms Pepper and so on. Take a bow ladies and gents. :thud:

Dandyman

In London village.
I was 34 in April 1997 and assuming I've not slashed my wrists in frustration before July 2011 I'll be 48 if we move into Falmer then.

logan89

Jan 4, 2007
Brington
22, providing it stays on schedule and doesn't move back anymore.

I,m sure I,ve read before that you,re battling cancer....?

I sometimes despair at all the delays with this stadium. I would love future generations to be able to support the Albion at Falmer and those who "only" joined since we got to Withdean.

But above all others, I hope so many of those like yourself, who have supported Brighton for so many years, through the good times and bad, will be around long after Falmer is built.

You're quite correct (bowel and liver cancer) and many thanks for the good wishes.
I've actually been clear of any detectable cancer since the last surgery in May 2007 so maybe I'll still be around in 2011.
It's just that the first game in August 2010 has always been something tangible for me to aim for during and since all the surgery and chemo last year. The revised timings announced today knocked me back a bit - hence the slightly morbid and self-indulgent post earlier - sorry everyone.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
You're quite correct (bowel and liver cancer) and many thanks for the good wishes.
I've actually been clear of any detectable cancer since the last surgery in May 2007 so maybe I'll still be around in 2011.
It's just that the first game in August 2010 has always been something tangible for me to aim for during and since all the surgery and chemo last year. The revised timings announced today knocked me back a bit - hence the slightly morbid and self-indulgent post earlier - sorry everyone.

I'm sure there'll be a few who don't make it through that extra year. Hope you're not one of 'em.

:thumbsup:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003

I'm was bored of the stadium saga, but that's given me something to look forward to - seeing you posting about the first game at Falmer.

You'll be there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here