Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How Old Will You Be When We Move into Falmer in July 2011??

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
I was 8 when we left The Goldstone, I'll be 22 when we move into Falmer.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
50 years and 3 months.
Dear oh dear. I was only 5 when I first went to the Goldstone.........1966.

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
I was 7 when we left the Goldstone. I have basically spent my whole life that I can remember supporting a team with no home, I cant really remember being 7 that well. There is a serious shortage of Albion supporters my age, and who can blame them, when 8/9 picking a team to support why would you choose a team playing miles away in Gillingham.

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
23....almost 24....real shame, we were very likely going to have our first regular season game on my 23rd birthday (Aug 7th 2010) before the delay

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
I will be 46 when we get to Falmer
I was 32 when we were ejected from Hove.

I agree with eastlondonseagull - that is a ridiculously massive gap.

It would be brilliant if there was a way of showing this thread to all the objectors to the stadium, and show just how many lives it has affected, the emotions people have had to deal with, and especially all the people that will unfortunately and undeservedly miss out on setting foot in what we can call home.

At 16, when we left the Goldstone, I thought I would be old when I got to 21 and moved into a new stadium, but seeing as I will almost be 31 when that time arrives, that just seems ridiculous.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
ill be 23 when we move in, nearly 24

i was NINE when we left

zego

Jul 10, 2003
If I make it, I'll feel as young as when on the East Terrace watching the Albion racing up through the 3rd and 2nd divisions ...

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
I've been making the point of this thread for years, and it should have been used in our campaign more. It's an absolute disgrace isn't it? I was 26 when we left the goldstone, I'll be over 40 (yikes!) when we play at Falmer. The best years of supporting a football team - e.g. my youth, 20's / early 30's when I had no commitments - were spent watching the near death and painfully slow resurrection of my club BECAUSE OF THE FARCE THAT IS FALMER. That's why I hate ARCHER, BELLOTTI AND THE LIKES OF PRESCOTT AND LDC. And always will. I simply won't forgive 'em. The impact of continued delays, during a period in which the game underwent change like never before, has simply been astronomical. I don't think anyone can truely contemplate the costs we've incurred as a result. And why? Because of a handful of greedy corrupt criminal-bastards. Junior Seagulls in years to come should be made to learn the history of the "war years" and NEVER forget what we sacrificed for to get the stadium they're sitting in when we've all departed this earth!

I wrote a similar comment on the Argus site earlier:

Portlock Seagull, Maidenhead says...
1:36pm Thu 2 Oct 08
With average life expectancy for most fans alive today (blokes) being 72ish, and we've been campaigning to keep this club alive since mid-90's, many fans are literally DYING to see this stadium built. The Club had better let us scatter fan's Ashes on the pitch - it's the only way I'll see a game at this rate. I can't contemplate another season at Withdean having been a STH for past 9 years. Away games for me from now on!

Emily's Mum

Jul 7, 2003
In the jungle, aka BFPO 11
I was just 33 in April 1997, so will be 47 if Falmer is completed & open on time. For someone like me the 14 year gap will be worth it so see our beloved team once again in a home it can all its own; however, for young Emily, it will be a whole new era - minus 2 days on 26.04.97 and she will be 14 in 2011.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here