Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How Old Will You Be When We Move into Falmer in July 2011??

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
And How Old were you when we left the Goldstone??

NOw we have been given another new date, I thought it is time to play this game again. A massive chunk of everyones Albion supporting life is finally going to be rewarded, there will have been many new fans born, some that have sadly passed away, and those who have stuck by though it all, taking part in all the protests and petitions. Finally there seems to be light at the end of the tunnel, even if it means a 12 month delay.

I was 16 when we left, and will be 30 :ohmy:, (just about 31) when we move in to play Man City

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
That's two questions surely

How Old Will You Be in July 2011??

How Old Will You Be When We Move into Falmer??

:laugh::angry:

I'll be 50 early in Aug 2011....birthday bash at Falmer ?..athough based on all the doom and gloom i may be 60 by the time it opens

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
60 if it's before July 14! Started supporting in 1958 and going to matches in 1968. What's another year?

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
12 when the Goldstone closed;
26 when Falmer opens.

I will hyave spent most of my life supporting a 'homeless' club.

My first Albion game was in 1960
I was 43 when we left the Goldstone
I shall be 57 when/if we move into the new stadium in summer 2011 although statistically I'm more likely to be just a name on a brick. Still, at least I'll have seen the building work commence unlike my dad, Dave White and all the others.

Last edited:

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
I was 39 (nearly 40) at the time of the last game at the Goldstone and depending on what day it opens in July 2011 I'll either be 53 or just 54 (birthday on the 8th). Given that I'm 51 now and have been supporting the Albion since 1969 the time between now and July 2011 really doesn't seem that long.

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
19 :nono: I'll have spent all my teenage years without seeing Brighton play in a real home. No surprise there's very few other Brighton fans my age :(

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Season starts on August 11th in 2011 DK says, which will be my 24th Birthday:yahoo:

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
I will be 66,my first game 1955,what a journey third div south to... third div. There were however lots of highs and lows in the interim. I had another low this morning when I heard the BBC," Falmer Delayed". But on the whole turned out to be a bit more positive than it first appeared to be.
This thread brought home to me that a fair few of NSC's will never had a ground to call "Home". Somewhere to watch and be proud of your team, somewhere to meet your mates, make a noise and ridicule the pathetic efforts of the visiting team to (hopefully) not put the ball past your Goalkeeper.
Keep up the good work Dick. Don't let the bastards grind you down.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
when we moved into Withdean I said that I would get a pensioners ticket at Withdean, I was 54 at the time, and that Ben would not buy a junior ticket at Falmer, he was 5 and now it seems that both are right.

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here