Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How old were you when the 911 happened?

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I think that is utter rubbish. However sad it was , was it really a more momentous occasion than the assassination of Archduke Ferdinand or Hiltlers invasion of Poland, or the dropping of the first nuclear bomb, or the fall of the Berlin Wall?

Anya
way, I was at work and i remember everyone trying to get onto news sites on the internet. Funnily enough one of the best places for information was nsc, as most websites were overwhelmed by the volume of hits they were receiving.

Ok you have a different viewpoint but do not have to right to disregard it as utter rubbish. From where I am sitting it was a pretty major event. The World has been off its axis since 9/11/01 and who knows how long it will take for there ever to be some semblance of normality in the World order again.

The nuclear bomb is a fair comment but that ended years of war, 9/11 started who knows how many years of war. The invasion of Poland and the Berlin wall falling were not single events per se but the culmination of months, years of ratcheting up.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I was 41 and at work. One of the guys in the office was surfing on the web and told us that a small plane had hit one of the towers. Everyone went over to look at the screen, but we all assumed it was some sort of accident. Over the next 30-45 minutes it became apparent that it was more serious, so I got one of the guys to go up to the boardroom and bring a big screen TV down. We turned it on and spent the rest of the day with the whole office sat around the screen watching the news.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Get your heads around this. 20 Islam Fanatics planned and carried out the terrorists in New York on 11/9/01. Its as simple as that. What I found more interesting was the faces in the clouds of dust phenonemum.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I think the most amazing unanswered question is no video evidence of any aeroplane crashing into probably the most protected building in the world (the Pentagon)

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
Get your heads around this. 20 Islam Fanatics planned and carried out the terrorists in New York on 11/9/01./QUOTE]

Really? Yes its sad. But its not just a simple open and close case. There are many questions that need answering.

BBC NEWS | World | Middle East | Hijack 'suspects' alive and well

Another of the men named by the FBI as a hijacker in the suicide attacks on Washington and New York has turned up alive and well.

The identities of four of the 19 suspects accused of having carried out the attacks are now in doubt.

Saudi Arabian pilot Waleed Al Shehri was one of five men that the FBI said had deliberately crashed American Airlines flight 11 into the World Trade Centre on 11 September

Also, why did it take years to have an investgation?

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
I think the most amazing unanswered question is no video evidence of any aeroplane crashing into probably the most protected building in the world (the Pentagon)

yes. also, imagine a plane going in to hit a building that was relitivly low....it would rip up the ground around the hole right?

Aparently wrong. Looks more like a missile...
200109114-800JPG.JPG

aditionaly. Why was an engine from a completly different plaine that "crashed into the pentagon" found at the pentagone but no other part of any plane? weird eh?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I was 38 and in Mauritius on my honeymoon. Catching up on world events on Sky just after the second plane had hit, I think. 3 days later we had to fly home and they had one of those maps on the screen showing progress. I was a bit concerned as we flew over Libya. Having said that, thought it was an opportune to to use the toilet so I can forever say I pissed on Libya!

Because of what had happened and as the new security restrictions were not yet introduced, I kept my swiss army knife in my pocket. Not sure it would have done much good but it made me feel a little better.

charlieoatway

through thin and thin
Aug 22, 2009
Bristol
I was 30 and on holiday in the lake district, on a very long walk miles away from anyone, when we got back at the end of the day and saw the news, I felt as though we were in some sort of twilight zone/parallel universe, it was so utterly unbelieveable, those images will stick with me forever.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
wake up ppl, it was an inside job as where the london bombing......f a c t.

research it for YOURSELF.

may i suggest you do so yourself and not rely on anti-government/anti-establishment propaganda. the problem with the conspiracists is that, as much as they might be questions about the official version of events, the conspiracies have more questions and often outright contradictions.

for example... the London bombings there was suspiciously a van from a demolitions company in the vacinity of the Bus bombing. quite apart from having to suspend your disbelief that "the security serivces" would be that dumb, it turns out that the company doesnt do explosives, just JCB, jackhammer, hammer etc type demolition. or is it all just clever double/triple bluffs?

Last edited:

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
i was 18 and watched alot of it unfold on the tv at work. Some of the women at work were in pieces, i must confess that at that age it didn't have much of an impact on me but still a day i'll never forget. There was such a weird feeling around.

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
I was 18, was in Spain at the time and we were due to fly out that evening.
Saw the news in the hotel bar and their was a load of us sitting down around the screen trying to find out what had happened.
Their was even talk about all flights being grounded so would have meant we had to stay longer, their were some people their that were going to see the Barcelona game the next game and that got cancelled.
Later in the evening we found out that we would be able to fly back, found a bar with Sky Sports News on to keep track of the to kind out the Albion score, and another friend trying to find out how Liverpool were getting on in the Champions League.
It really hit home the scale of what happened once we got home as their was far more coverage here.

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
This is not the place for conspiracy theories, show some respect. :annoyed:

f*** off mate. You show some repect. What if the US Government did comitte these crimes. Is it not more respectful that they get found out, or shall we just accept the lie?

Also. At no point did I say it was a conspiracy. I said they were questions which needed answering. Including why people who hijact the planes are still alive. Another one for you is why building 7 fell down. No plane hit that one.

Also, this is not an 911 remeberance thread. This is a thread asking how old people where when it happened.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
f*** off mate. You show some repect. What if the US Government did comitte these crimes. Is it not more respectful that they get found out, or shall we just accept the lie?

Also. At no point did I say it was a conspiracy. I said they were questions which needed answering. Including why people who hijact the planes are still alive. Another one for you is why building 7 fell down. No plane hit that one.

Also, this is not an 911 remeberance thread. This is a thread asking how old people where when it happened.

Indeed, what if. Don't start lecturing me on all the conspiracies (you may not use the word, but that's what you're talking about), I GUARANTEE I know more about them than you do.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here