How old is middle-aged?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Trufflehound said:
I'm going to be 45 in 3 months' time, and I still dig through the rock, hip-hop, reggae and house/techno/DnB sections of record shops first and am far more likely to buy clothes in either of the Lanes (Laines) than M&S... I doubt I'm going to stop all that just because I have a birthday.

Excellent:)

I always wondered if you did. Seriously. Like a sort of chemical reaction leading you inexorably towards the Tony Bennett section :eek:

Right as I was saying 55+ is middle aged......

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Uncle Spielberg said:
50-65 is now the middle aged band
65+ old age

As I'm 49. I would happily go along with that US.

Mind you I've always thought that 45 was the start of Middle age.

I do go along with the state of mind arguements though. I know some very stuffy young people and some older people who never grow up. :)

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I am 48, so technically I am middle age.

In fact i was looking at a Diahatsu Jeep thing the other day thinking, " that would make an excellent Mid life crisis car", but then I remembered I promised myself an MX5 soft top

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Guinness Boy said:

Right as I was saying 55+ is middle aged......

We'll Im 58 and seem to have gone straight from teenager to dirty old man. :smokin: :smokin: :smokin:

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
I am 47 and viewed my 40th birthday as the time I turned middle-aged; there was no way I could call myself young any longer.

Having said that I am still as fit as I was in my 30s, there is no sign of the arrival of the maturity and wisdom I as expecting. The only change has been my hair being re-directed from my head to my ears, a reduced alcohol capacity, and an increased consumption of Gaviscon.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
cheshunt seagull said:
The only change has been my hair being re-directed from my head to my ears, a reduced alcohol capacity, and an increased consumption of Gaviscon.

I feel your pain brother

gaviscon is now my after dinner mints

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
If you knew when you were going to die, the answer would be easy. But since we don't you're all just guessing - some of you could be right, but if you die in the next couple of years, you've already well passed your middle aged years.

What a joyous topic .....

Personally, I've got the mental age of a 25 year old stuck in the body of a 46 year old.

Ho hum, I look at totty now as eye candy rather than pulling material. That must mean middle age?

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
No Shropshire, looking on totty as eye candy is not the onset of middle age but of realism...or so I keep telling myself...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here