Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
when I was 16 I thought anyone over 40 should just top themselves

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I would say 55 - 65 is middle aged, guess all things are relative, mind you I would say that at the age of 41. How do you define it, is it your actual age, your mental age, your physical condition or a mixture of them all.

I still take regular exercise and am probably as physically fit as I was in my mid 20's, listen to R1 and don't find the music or DJs annoying, though I have started to notice how young the Police look...is age creeping up on me?

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
franks brother said:

Well I'm 45 this coming Sunday so I'll tell you what it's like when I get there.

If I'm lucky enough to live to 90 I I am now officially in the middle of my life!

Anyway, feel fitter and healthier now than I did when I packed up football at 38.

Amazing what giving up the fags and going to the gym every day can do for you.

Still like a

:drink:

though!

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
It is mate, think that you appreciate your health when you are older, look at the average youth today, stuffing down McChav burgers, smoking like a chimney and drinking like it is going out of fashion...they have probably reached the middle of their lives already.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
A year older than me.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Have just run this through 'Big Chip XIII'; probably the largest super computer in Oban. The results are as follows:

Middle Age formula given as

MA= MA +1

UNBELIEVABLE I KNOW BUT APPARANTLY TRUE!!

where MA= Middle aged
where MA= My age

thanks and up yours

Albion Einstein

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
In biblical terms you get 3 score years and 10, so 70.

divide by 3 cos of the assumption of 3 ages.

Young age up to 23.3

Middle age then up to 46.6

over old age.

Donkeys years ago life expectancy in England was 36 and your body starts decaying around 20 so why are these figures innacurate?

Maybe the concept is wrong.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
id say 40

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
I'm 39 and am nowehre near middle-age!!!!! Still playign football three timnes a week!!!!

Middle-age is a state of mind... one I'm going to pass right through without noticing some evening when I'm 65.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Looks like I hit middle age yesterday. Despite a good diet my cholesterol levels are 6.2 and I now have to be on long term medication. Not only that I am now unable to absorb vitamin B12 and have to have regular injections.

Going out to buy my pipe and slippers this evening

rool said:
Looks like I hit middle age yesterday. Despite a good diet my cholesterol levels are 6.2 and I now have to be on long term medication. Not only that I am now unable to absorb vitamin B12 and have to have regular injections.

Going out to buy my pipe and slippers this evening
It's not the pipe and slippers that makes you middle aged.

It's KNOWING what your cholesterol levels are.

I haven't got a clue how to find out mine.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Lord Bracknell said:
It's not the pipe and slippers that makes you middle aged.

It's KNOWING what your cholesterol levels are.

I haven't got a clue how to find out mine.

Blood tests, and not the finger prick ones, a proper one after fasting the night before.

I had to have some after passing out during a warm uo at the Gym :lolol: . That's when I found out that my B12 levels were virtually non existant but also my sugar levels were also very low.

I was just about to launch into sausage roll and quality street season too :angry: :lolol:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I'd say 45+ is middle aged.

I'm 35. On the one hand I still dig through the rock, hip-hop, reggae and house/techno/DnB sections of record shops first and am far more likely to buy clothes in either of the Lanes (Laines) than M&S.

On the other hand I am now a parent, have recently taken to listning to Radio 4 and am considering buying property in a 'that would be a nice family area' sort of way, rather than a 'great, that's only a 10 minute cab ride from the clubs and right next to a kebab house' sort of way.

All depends on yer perspective I suppose.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
Guinness Boy said:
I'd say 45+ is middle aged.

I'm 35. On the one hand I still dig through the rock, hip-hop, reggae and house/techno/DnB sections of record shops first and am far more likely to buy clothes in either of the Lanes (Laines) than M&S.

On the other hand I am now a parent, have recently taken to listning to Radio 4 and am considering buying property in a 'that would be a nice family area' sort of way, rather than a 'great, that's only a 10 minute cab ride from the clubs and right next to a kebab house' sort of way.

All depends on yer perspective I suppose.

I'm going to be 45 in 3 months' time, and I still dig through the rock, hip-hop, reggae and house/techno/DnB sections of record shops first and am far more likely to buy clothes in either of the Lanes (Laines) than M&S... I doubt I'm going to stop all that just because I have a birthday.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here