Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How much money is the most a team has let you down on winning?

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
West Broms 89th minute equaliser tonight against Stoke stopped me from winning just over £600.

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
there was a game a few years back, i think in the african cup, where a team were 4-0 up with 10 minutes to go. I heard about a guy who put his whole student loan (about £3,000) on them winning, on one of those mid-game bets, just to win £44.00. The other team came back to draw 4-4 :lol:

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
I had a 14 game accumulator once where 13 out of 14 came in, and the only one that lost was Brazil at home (a couple of years ago and against someone they really should have beat comfortably). I think it would have paid close to £1400

I didn't expect it to pay when i placed it but to get so close and miss out due to just one result which was supposed to be a banker anyway was annoying.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
IF BRIGHTON DO NOT GO UP AS CHAMPIONS I WILL LOSE £360,Well won't lose it. but will lose stake money.if they get promoted but not as Champions I get £80.....couple of pints at the Amex!

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
Afew years back i had a few quid on Arsenal, Nottm For, Fulham and Notts Co to win their respective divisions, if all had come in it was worth £3400ish, all won except Fulham, but it was never really close, i think they came about 8th. It was either Keegan or Adams in charge i think. Didnt lose much on it though.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I had a 14 game accumulator once where 13 out of 14 came in, and the only one that lost was Brazil at home (a couple of years ago and against someone they really should have beat comfortably). I think it would have paid close to £1400

I didn't expect it to pay when i placed it but to get so close and miss out due to just one result which was supposed to be a banker anyway was annoying.
this. I picked 13 out of 14 on a three quid accumulator as a student about 20 years ago.

The one result that let me down was Rangers at home. Yes, Rangers, in the middle if their nine in a row, drew 2-2 at home to f***ing Airdrie, who were the Hamilton of their day. I couldnt even bare to work out how much that cost me at the time.

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
I was doing four draws on a Saturday on a four treble and one fourfold basis, and in one game, a 90+3 minute winner dropped the payout from £124 for the four draws, to £18 for one treble, as the other three came in, so not all bad :smile:

Cullip4

Oct 4, 2003
Brighton
If Michel Kuipers had scored to make it 3-3 in the Villa game last year I would have won £25,000 :angry: The bet was the result of a very vivid dream and I was screaming for a corner in the last minute!

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Danny Cullip's goal against Chesterfield won me £1000. But that's not really the point of this thread. Just thought I'd relive the moment again...

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.
13 team accy.

12 of them won. Swindon lost 4-0 to Brizzle Rovers. 2000 -1 :rant:

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Did a 12 team accumulator, one midweek evening, back in about 76/77. It was the season that Us and Palace both got promoted. Got 11 up and Palace let me down.
They drew 0-0 at home and missed a penalty!!!! ( Cost me between £1100-£ 1200 )
Never forgiven them since.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
6 team acca for a fiver last season, Bristol City got a 94th minute stoppage time equaliser against Nottingham Forest, cost me £900!!!

Gangsta

Jul 6, 2003
Withdean
2 out of the last 3 weeks a late late goal by Orient has blown out a quadrupel costing me over £800. ( v Bournemouth and V Huddersfield ).

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I once had a £1 bet on a "3 from each section", that had a guaranteed 15,000-1. It would probably have come out bigger as I hadn't taken shortest prices all the way down, but never worked out the exact figure. It was a 15-way acca, and all 14 games came in on the Saturday. It was back on the mid-90s, when there weren't many Sunday games, and I wouldn't have included it if I'd realised. Southend at home to Derby (I think), and I had it down for a draw.

It was live on telly and I was too nervous to watch and too nervous not to watch. Needing a draw, not only was my bet winning from the moment the game started, but also I would be nervous whichever end the ball went to. Just as I was starting to think the bet was coming in, Southend got the only goal of the game, in the last 5 mins. I can see the goal now. Goal to the right of the camera, corner on the far side swings in. Guy goes up for the header and it's a looping one into the far corner. One of those that is in from the moment he heads it, but it takes an age to actually go in.

To be honest though, I've pretty much got over it in the 17 years since it happened.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here