Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How much money is the most a team has let you down on winning?

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
I once had a £1 bet on a "3 from each section", that had a guaranteed 15,000-1. It would probably have come out bigger as I hadn't taken shortest prices all the way down, but never worked out the exact figure. It was a 15-way acca, and all 14 games came in on the Saturday. It was back on the mid-90s, when there weren't many Sunday games, and I wouldn't have included it if I'd realised. Southend at home to Derby (I think), and I had it down for a draw.

It was live on telly and I was too nervous to watch and too nervous not to watch. Needing a draw, not only was my bet winning from the moment the game started, but also I would be nervous whichever end the ball went to. Just as I was starting to think the bet was coming in, Southend got the only goal of the game, in the last 5 mins. I can see the goal now. Goal to the right of the camera, corner on the far side swings in. Guy goes up for the header and it's a looping one into the far corner. One of those that is in from the moment he heads it, but it takes an age to actually go in.

To be honest though, I've pretty much got over it in the 17 years since it happened.

Ouch - were you in a position to be big to cover all results in the last game?

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
I've been trying to find the details but no luck - I did a 12 or 13 game international accumulator £5 in September/ October 2004. It was the day Ireland held France to a 0-0 draw in Paris (which was one of picks.) I got quite drunk and went to sleep with only 1 game in play, which off the top of my head was Croatia vs Hungary. I'd backed Croatia to win and they were 2-0 up with 15 minutes to go. I went to sleep thinking I'd won and only learnt when I skipped my way to the bookies the following morning that Hungary had scored twice in the last 15 minutes to get a draw.

The combined odds were around 3500-1, I wasn't a particularly experienced gambler in those days so didn't cover the 11 folds,10 folds etc... so those 2 goals cost me a sweet 17.5k.

Bad times.

HG201

Proud Ruffian
Jul 16, 2008
Birmingham
Last season i had an 8 fold accumulator, 7 of which came in. The only one that didn't was a goalless draw between Plymouth and Newcastle, which i believe was also bottom v top of the Championship at the time! Had Newcastle scored, i would have won £860!

Jan 14, 2008
Windsor ontario
I may be let down at the end of the season for $61,000 . Have a 10 fold of which 5 out of 5 have come in. It's riding on Tevez tops scorer in prem bton and crawly to Win league, sheff utd to get relegated and Barca to win champs league. We will see

Gangsta

Jul 6, 2003
Withdean
Since the start of the season I've been betting on anyone we play to win or draw, so the Albion have cost me a fortune. Still, its worth it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here