Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] How much longer do you think Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson will be PM ?

How much longer do you think Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson will be PM ?

• < 3 months

Votes: 11 7.0%
  • 3-6 months

Votes: 8 5.1%
  • 6 months- 1 years

Votes: 25 15.9%
  • 1-3 years

Votes: 61 38.9%
  • 3-5 years

Votes: 26 16.6%
  • > 5 years

Votes: 26 16.6%

• Total voters

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Labour don’t have to be near perfect. If ever there was a time they could offer the country something better it’s now. They just need to get rid of the Corbinites, the over influence of the unions and get more people leading it like Burnham, Kyle and David Milliband.
I think his point was that this line of reasoning doesn't seem to apply to the Conservatives in the minds of the British electorate. Just have a look at the absolute state of not just the cabinet, but so many front line Conservative MPs and ask yourself how many of them would have got anywhere near the Tory front bench in times gone by.

Priti Patel, Javid, Williamson, Hancock, Gove, Leadsom and Dowden - these people are a combination of useless, complete drips and bare faced liars and how they are considered any better than Corbyn, Abbott or McDonnell is beyond me. They've all just had a free pass. Mind you, at least they were elected. The fat tosser running the country has since just parachuted in unelected bureaucrat David Frost to take back control. From those pesky unelected bureaucrats. Because he did such a good job the first time he was invited to do it.

It's disgraceful, it's pitiful, and it shows just how ignorant the electorate in this country really is.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
I see no reason why he would go before the next election, he appears to be completely bulletproof in a similar way to Trump

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
This is interesting from only a couple of months ago. Does anyone want to change their vote, or should I just do a new poll ???

Jan 30, 2008
I think his point was that this line of reasoning doesn't seem to apply to the Conservatives in the minds of the British electorate. Just have a look at the absolute state of not just the cabinet, but so many front line Conservative MPs and ask yourself how many of them would have got anywhere near the Tory front bench in times gone by.

Priti Patel, Javid, Williamson, Hancock, Gove, Leadsom and Dowden - these people are a combination of useless, complete drips and bare faced liars and how they are considered any better than Corbyn, Abbott or McDonnell is beyond me. They've all just had a free pass. Mind you, at least they were elected. The fat tosser running the country has since just parachuted in unelected bureaucrat David Frost to take back control. From those pesky unelected bureaucrats. Because he did such a good job the first time he was invited to do it.

It's disgraceful, it's pitiful, and it shows just how ignorant the electorate in this country really is.

You forgot to mention the wicked witch Angela rayner

Regards
DF

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I expect a carefully controlled transition across to Sunak. Probably a year ahead of the election.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
You forgot to mention the wicked witch Angela rayner

Regards
DF

You have to be quite special to edit a misspelled surname but not bother capitalising it. :ffsparr:

raynor.png

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
This is interesting from only a couple of months ago. Does anyone want to change their vote, or should I just do a new poll ???

I voted six months to a year last time and I see no reason to change: I stand by that - he'll be gone by October

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..

This.

Johnson isn't stupid, but he acts like an idiot with no integrity.

I didn't rate Corbyn and his mates highly either.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
He can't support his private life on his current salary so I never expected him to stick around for long.

I suspect they will let him jump so he can leave with a couple of "legacies", the vaccine roll out and leaving the EU. He will use some excuse of wanting to get to a "normal life" and how that his Government has had to deal with much then most do in three terms.

I'm not sure he will survive an independent Covid inquiry anyway.

The Conservative party then has some questions to ask itself. With a "liberal" free spending leader gone, does it fully lurch to the right ?

If it does it is then on the path of eventually losing an election and being out of office for a long time.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Boris has come up with a response to the result:

"I think my job is to get over what we're doing more effectively.”

Ok Bojo - tell us exactly what happened with these parties.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
absolutely correct

You do realise that 'unshackle the loony left' means give them free rein. I don't think that unshackling would be a good plan.

Fortunately the loony left are well shackled now, with Starmer in charge.

However Boris is still very popular among the non-political, loony left-hating vast majority of ordinary people of this great nation, and won't be going anywhere soon, unless he gets bored.

Last edited:

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
As long as he wants sadly. Tory voters would vote for a pig on a stick
Forward 2 months and it's no longer the voters that are Johnson's most immediate peril. It is the letters to the 1922 committee and any subsequent vote - which all comes down to the backstabbing ambition of rival MPs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here