Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] How much longer do you think Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson will be PM ?

How much longer do you think Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson will be PM ?

• < 3 months

Votes: 11 7.0%
  • 3-6 months

Votes: 8 5.1%
  • 6 months- 1 years

Votes: 25 15.9%
  • 1-3 years

Votes: 61 38.9%
  • 3-5 years

Votes: 26 16.6%
  • > 5 years

Votes: 26 16.6%

• Total voters

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
In the same way as THFC's stadium has x more seats than Arsenal's, Blow Job will want to best Cameron's time in office above all else, claiming Bullingdon bragging rights when all those tossers meet up for tea and tiffin.

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
My opinion? He'll leave the post voluntarily before the next election. Probably timed carefully to also be before any preliminary findings from the post-covid independent (hopefully) inquiry begin to leak out. As much as the Tories have a massive lead currently, I firmly believe that a full independent review of the last 2 years (plus a little more time for Brexit to stack its claim and for Boris to completely fail to move the dial on "levelling up" the former red-wall seats) will erode that lead. It won't take much for those red wall seats to swing back red at the next election. Throw in a few seats that have threatened to go Green actually going Green, and the Lib Dems making a choice to fight local instead of national and swinging a few seats in their favour and things could suddenly look very bad for the Tories.

Boris won't stick around to lose an election, he'll jump out before then.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Who's going to replace him, only from within as Labour are currently a spent force unless they can unshackle the loony left.

That was last year's problem. The loony left are back where they were when Mr Tony was in charge - fuming, fulminating, plotting and failing to affect anything whatsever, thankfully.

No, Starmer's problem is that he sounds like slightly irritated geography teacher, who fewer men want to be like, and fewer women want to ****, than Boris.

And Boris has persuaded a majority that all that's lovely in the UK is down to him (not much presently, admittedly) and all that's bad is down to the EU and the loony left who, sadly, still seem to fixate people it would seem :shrug:

Edit I think you mean 'schackle'. Apologies if you really do mean that we need to release the loony left to do their will in order to make labour electable. If this is the case I disagree with you strongly.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
My opinion? He'll leave the post voluntarily before the next election. Probably timed carefully to also be before any preliminary findings from the post-covid independent (hopefully) inquiry begin to leak out. As much as the Tories have a massive lead currently, I firmly believe that a full independent review of the last 2 years (plus a little more time for Brexit to stack its claim and for Boris to completely fail to move the dial on "levelling up" the former red-wall seats) will erode that lead. It won't take much for those red wall seats to swing back red at the next election. Throw in a few seats that have threatened to go Green actually going Green, and the Lib Dems making a choice to fight local instead of national and swinging a few seats in their favour and things could suddenly look very bad for the Tories.

This was my expectation, given that he bores easily (himself I mean) and will be distracted by some new wheeze or some new totty. However, this leadership lark probably looks like a peice of piss to him. Having no qualms whatsoever about lying or being caught lying makes him invincible.

So, while I still hope he buggers off soon before the UK is ****ed forever, my expectation is that he will carry on well into a second term, carefully sacking scapegoats as he sees fit, enriching himself and his chums, and yet continuing to attract a following of absolute melts who bore the shit out of all and sundry on social media, lap up the fake news and vote, vote, vote for the pig in the blue rosette....

And this is a gathering band of unlikely people including old labour gammon who feel 'betrayed' (i.e., threatened) by the young, the EU and the exotic, and those unable or unwilling to keep up and see that Corbyn has left the building.

I only wish that my hopes and expectation miraculously coincide, but I'm not holding my breath. Only my nose.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water

This.

He won't lead then into the next election (unless he calls one for May of next year)

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
As long as he/his party likes, unless and until there is a viable alternative/opposition party that has deliverable, realistic, widely-popular policies.
I'll get my binoculars out now.

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
This was my expectation, given that he bores easily (himself I mean) and will be distracted by some new wheeze or some new totty. However, this leadership lark probably looks like a peice of piss to him. Having no qualms whatsoever about lying or being caught lying makes him invincible.

So, while I still hope he buggers off soon before the UK is ****ed forever, my expectation is that he will carry on well into a second term, carefully sacking scapegoats as he sees fit, enriching himself and his chums, and yet continuing to attract a following of absolute melts who bore the shit out of all and sundry on social media, lap up the fake news and vote, vote, vote for the pig in the blue rosette....

And this is a gathering band of unlikely people including old labour gammon who feel 'betrayed' (i.e., threatened) by the young, the EU and the exotic, and those unable or unwilling to keep up and see that Corbyn has left the building.

I only wish that my hopes and expectation miraculously coincide, but I'm not holding my breath. Only my nose.

I think your fear became less likely when his ready-made scapegoat self imploded (Hancock - there's no other reason I can see why he was kept in post for so long than to carry the can when it all finally comes out).

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Johnson has surrounded himself with incompetent yes men, he has made sure that nobody will speak up against him or the government or they will be in serious trouble.
Johnsons public face is nothing like his private face, as Eddie Mair said 'you are a nasty piece of work
Anyone that can carry on the way that Johnson does must have incredible power to keep people quiet and his false public face gets him votes.
He does not do detail, he does not listen to advisors he takes each hour as it comes and does not give a shit about anyone else except himself, including his wives, partners or children.
We saw it as London Mayor, we were warned even by the Tory press that he is not the man for the job and he has proved them right.
He is a muddle headed populist who is incapable of making a decision that may make him unpopular as Covid proved time after time.
The only person to blow the gaff so far is Cummings, but I think Hunt is after him and Gove is waiting for the moment to pounce.
People like Johnson will eventually mess up big time, it is inevitable because they get so complacent that they think they are bulletproof.
I am hoping that the Covid report may be a step too far for him as long as people stick to their guns and the truth comes out for the sake of the 20,000 poor sods who died unnecessarily.
Johnson really is a clown who will fall on his sword eventually and the sooner the better but it will take some guts from some ministers (like Margaret Thatchers cabinet) to get him out, I think there are many Conservatives who hate him but for one reason or another are like dogs on a lead blurting out the same slogans and soundbites rather than calling him out to save their own bacon, something that previous Conservative ministers would not have done if they felt that it was better for the party, in the long run, if he slung his hook.
I am hoping for tomorrow.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Without a co-ordinated opposition, as long as he wants.

The electorate have proven themselves to be pretty easy to manipulate.
It will take a hell of a lot more than a few shortages and a faltering economy, to get them to vote against him

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Johnson has surrounded himself with incompetent yes men, he has made sure that nobody will speak up against him or the government or they will be in serious trouble.
Johnsons public face is nothing like his private face, as Eddie Mair said 'you are a nasty piece of work
Anyone that can carry on the way that Johnson does must have incredible power to keep people quiet and his false public face gets him votes.
He does not do detail, he does not listen to advisors he takes each hour as it comes and does not give a shit about anyone else except himself, including his wives, partners or children.
We saw it as London Mayor, we were warned even by the Tory press that he is not the man for the job and he has proved them right.
He is a muddle headed populist who is incapable of making a decision that may make him unpopular as Covid proved time after time.
The only person to blow the gaff so far is Cummings, but I think Hunt is after him and Gove is waiting for the moment to pounce.
People like Johnson will eventually mess up big time, it is inevitable because they get so complacent that they think they are bulletproof.
I am hoping that the Covid report may be a step too far for him as long as people stick to their guns and the truth comes out for the sake of the 20,000 poor sods who died unnecessarily.
Johnson really is a clown who will fall on his sword eventually and the sooner the better but it will take some guts from some ministers (like Margaret Thatchers cabinet) to get him out, I think there are many Conservatives who hate him but for one reason or another are like dogs on a lead blurting out the same slogans and soundbites rather than calling him out to save their own bacon, something that previous Conservative ministers would not have done if they felt that it was better for the party, in the long run, if he slung his hook.
I am hoping for tomorrow.

Just 20,000? Saving Christmas alone from the experts alone was 3 times that....

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Conceivably a decade.

If he can get away with what he has done so far, you have to ask, what could he do that would be so bad that he would get beaten by labour?

All the time he's an electoral success, he's untouchable from within his own party

I reckon his Mrs would prefer to be Mrs PM and wield genuine power than Mrs rich after dinner speaker for a while yet.

This unfortunately - he's a pompous idiot but the Tory shires love him because he's a cad and makes them laugh, the Labour party is in a total mess and although Covid has killed 138k people and rising he's blaming the scientists and will get away with it. There's a perfect storm coming their way but incredibly they'll survive until they've virtually destroyed this country.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
No viable opposition inside or outside his party. The political landscape really is in the worst state I’ve ever seen and it always seems to be a law of diminishing returns.

Not isolated to this continent either. Watching all the 9/11 restrospectives and realising how angry I was about Bush Jnr at the time and how he looks so presidential in comparison to Biden and of course Trump is staggering.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Gone by the next election, as with every Tory leader in history the knives will be heading for the back soon enough

Sunak and Gove are already jockeying

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Will get about half way through his next term before all his BS finally catches up with him and there's a decent opposition.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
He'll be there until Labour can provide an electable Prime-Minister-in-Waiting. They are a long way from that now; there's a sizable faction of extreme leftists/Corbynistas who would rather be politically pure in opposition than pragmatic in power and they will keep the middle of the road voters leaning towards a more stable Tory party.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
One more day is far too long for the good of the country.
At least his name won't be forgotten for centuries, as all future prime ministers if they are performing poorer will be tagged 'the worst prime minister since Johnson'

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Who's going to replace him, only from within as Labour are currently a spent force unless they can unshackle the loony left.

Agree Labour need to sort themselves out and Keir whose a sensible man needs to get rid of all the extreme loony lefties . If Labour were back to centre left like they were under Blair , they would have a decent chance . Maybe bring back Blair to sort out Labour .

D

Deleted member 2719

Usually, Tories stab each other in the back. It depends whether Rishi Sunak wants the job yet.

Hmmmmmm didn't young Jess Phillips prefer to knife her own party in the front?
She is definitely a wrongun.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here