Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How much is YOUR pay rise this year

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
A big fat 0 per cent. Just like last year.

We even had a signed three year pay deal between our company and the union, which the bosses went back on in the second year of three.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Left my very well paid job earlier in the year and have started up on my own; can give myself any sort of pay rise I like ... and then when I start making some money I could actually pay myself some of it! As I am earning, currently, about 10% of what I had previously fairly keen to do well in the pay rise / income stakes in the coming months!

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
0.5% in February 2010, backdated to Agust 2009.

Basically we have had a large voluntary redundancy scheme and the employer wanted to get rid of some staff before giving the pay rise to the remaining staff.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Last year we had a 12.5% cut.

From this April that becomes a 6% cut.

After nearly 4 years in this job, I am still earning less than when I started.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
0% this year following a 1% last year.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Would be useful if people added Private or Public sector!

superseagulls

Feb 2, 2009
private sector and we got 3.5% inflation pay rise we also get from 0-2 increments each year (£400 ish each increment) depending on performance

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Love it how the government ask employers to show pay restraint and yet the public sector pay rises (given the evidence on here) seem to continue?

No doubt civil servants everywhere are now smashing a response into their keyboards (** could I just remind you that whilst you are doing that my taxes are paying your wages)

** For those of an agressive or unstable disposition this is a flippant comment designed to create an irrational response, known on NSC as fishing)

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
a big fat zilch - indeeed I estimate that the combination of my pension and earnings from self employment has probably fallen by around 20% in the last couple of years

I should return to public sector employment but I'm enjoying myself too much

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here