Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How much is Bloom worth.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
Ok, so the supporters paid St John's. Did this happen before or after the current board took over? And why won't you go into the chairmen not paying the other creditors? We have been told by your fellow supporters that one of your owners is a billionaire. Surely he and his cohorts could have paid the local businesses (at least) as a goodwill measure and to the benefit of Palace as part of the community with the loose change in their pockets? What is a bit of philanthropy to such fabulously wealthy die hard locals?

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
billionaire now is he? Wow, must have missed him on the times rich list or the football wealth website which has him as the 64th wealthiest chairman in english football (out of 92 clubs!)

carry on as you were.

I'll happily f*** off now - but please remember it is you lot who like inserting various things up your back passage.

Ta ta....perhaps i have hit a nerve. Good good

bye bye!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Also whilst the building is an expensive stadium worth a lot of money to any purchasers of Brighton HA, the land value is next to none (words of your beloved TB) so on that basis it is not worth much to anyone other than BHA (and potential investors and owners of the ground).

I absolutely LOVE how you are holding up the fact that the site is not attractive to a developer with another use in mind, as a BAD THING! Are you some form of retard?

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
Billionaire now is he? Wow, must have missed him on the Times rich list or the football wealth website which has him as the 64th wealthiest chairman in English Football (out of 92 clubs!)

Carry on as you were.

I'll happily f*** off now - but please remember it is you lot who like inserting various things up your back passage.

Ta ta....Perhaps I have hit a nerve. Good Good

It's not hitting a nerve, it's like being grunted at in monotone day after day. The Rich List had TB as having £50m. He has paid £93m for the stadium and £15m for the training facility. I am sure you can calculate the disparity. If you want to read his own response to the questions regarding the Rich List it is here for you:

'I'm no Abramovich' says new Brighton chairman | Football League - Times Online

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
P4E raises some valid points.

The Albion would have been in administration already had it not been for the continued financial support of TB during the Withdean years, and without him we would have no Amex and possibly no club. Having seen a copy of the club's accounts for each of the last few years we were extremely lucky to have him on board.

He's a multi-millionaire, but not to the same extent as Greg Stanley and Bill Archer. However, unlike them, he has put his hand in pocket rather than try to use the club as a vehicle to make further wealth for themselves.

Not quite sure what happened with SJ at Palace, think he was a bit of a prima donna in the end, and took his toys home when he felt unappreciated when he reached the point that he was no longer prepared to subsidise the club.

It will be interesting to see the reaction of both TB and the fanbase when (rather than if) the Albion reach that point.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I don't doubt any of that. However, just to look at it from the other side of the coin (playing devil's advocate and all that). If (and I mean If) you get relegated what will that do for the revenue streams? I am genuinely interested.

Also whilst the building is an expensive stadium worth a lot of money to any purchasers of Brighton HA, the land value is next to none (words of your beloved TB) so on that basis it is not worth much to anyone other than BHA (and potential investors and owners of the ground). So - if Bloom's financial position was to ever become shaky, and the ground still belongs to him and he is having to asset strip - he will not get anywhere near £100m for it. It is that sort of thing that I think is worth bearing in mind. Of course if this was a BHA fan pointing this out, then an adult debate may ensue. Given my origins is Palace, I'm sure it'll be met with the usual tripe (not from you personally)
The land belongs to Brighton & Hove council and is on a 99 year lease.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I love the fact Palace are genuinely worried about us, they can't stop going on about our stadium/our owner. Either way, come back in 12 years time when this unsecured loan expires and we'll see whats happened then, right ?
I like the fact they've come up with this fictional 'financial project' of Bloom's where we MUST get into the Prem or go bust.

I'm sure it will be a lot of comfort to them if we do go up that.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Billionaire now is he? Wow, must have missed him on the Times rich list or the football wealth website which has him as the 64th wealthiest chairman in English Football (out of 92 clubs!)

Carry on as you were.

Ah, the real Palace fan finally emerges, rather than faux-good debating monkey.

As for the Times Rich List, is that your only marker for measuring personal wealth? Sweet Jesus.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales

Carry on as you were.

Not really, but you've managed to embarrass yourself and your club quite nicely.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I can confirm that Bloom has over a Billion so we really don't need to be concerned!

I hate to use the word 'source' but it was a DEFINITE one.

Also, regarding the Times rich list, they obviously didn't get anywhere NEAR combining all of his assets for the valuation, and they stated this themselves at the time.

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
Just to answer this one point, no one has said that Bloom is continuing to fund the team. In fact, he has said himself that the team must be self funding. He has paid for the stadium and is paying for the training academy as soon as that passes planning permission later this year.
As we now have first class facilities the fan base has grown (whether jcl's or returnees I care not) so that 18500 season ticket holders are bringing in an income of 600K every month via direct debit. That is without any sponsorship at all, advertising, sales, and tickets for away fans. The Amex deal is worth millions. The stadium will be in use 7 days a week bringing more income. We also sold payers so haven't spent that much more than we have received.

Great post Thunder Bolt, summed up expertly. Also like Beorhthelm points out, we are fully aware of how things could go and we have certain people who know what to look out for and I am sure will flag up anything worrying, especially after the Goldstone fiasco. But I am 100% confident in Mr Bloom and his family to run this club properly.

binky

Aug 9, 2005
Hove
Also whilst the building is an expensive stadium worth a lot of money to any purchasers of Brighton HA, the land value is next to none

This is a good thing.
It was the land value where the Goldstone was situated which started all of our problems with asset strippers.

It's been said before, and I'll say it again.
No debt is secured on the club or it's facilities.
The current player investment is being drawn from current revenue streams.
There is no premier league gamble going on.
If TB were to lose a big hand of poker and go bankrupt, it would not impact the club, or the ground, or the players.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Ahhh didn't take long for the Palace crowd to start running out of arguments....

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
I heard he had a Property Empire of over 600 Homes. So he alone owns more houses than palace supporters combined. Taking away caravans of course

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Christ on a bike - if you are going to throw shit at Palace, at least get your facts right. St. John's Ambulance debt was actually paid by the fans of CPFC given how disgusted we were at organisations such as these losing out due to SJ's incompetence. But don't let anything which goes against your view of the world and your agenda get in the way of making a good point :facepalm:
Chappers never said anything about that? Amazing for you to come out with that in the same post you accused others of not being able to debate.
It's of course commendable that some Palace fans proved themselves to be decent people after all with this, but it still does leave the question of why the incredibly wealthy group of individuals that now own Palace only decided to pay 1% of what the club owed. No Palace fan seems to want to answer this. You seem capable of waffling at legnth on subjects of whcih you know nothing, why don't you inform us about something you might actually know about, your club?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I don't doubt any of that. However, just to look at it from the other side of the coin (playing devil's advocate and all that). If (and I mean If) you get relegated what will that do for the revenue streams? I am genuinely interested.

Also whilst the building is an expensive stadium worth a lot of money to any purchasers of Brighton HA, the land value is next to none (words of your beloved TB) so on that basis it is not worth much to anyone other than BHA (and potential investors and owners of the ground). So - if Bloom's financial position was to ever become shaky, and the ground still belongs to him and he is having to asset strip - he will not get anywhere near £100m for it. It is that sort of thing that I think is worth bearing in mind. Of course if this was a BHA fan pointing this out, then an adult debate may ensue. Given my origins is Palace, I'm sure it'll be met with the usual tripe (not from you personally)

If Bloom's situation changes and he assets strips his personal investments then quite what that means to Brighton is what? He owns the main controlling interest in the club to which he personally has loaned unsecured a vast amount of money. In other words he has lent himself(his own company) money. There is bound to be a worth to the club but in reality the 100m or so of hidden debt (one that is unlikely ever to be repaid but converted into shares if he remains) renders the club almost worthless at present but should we progress in league status then there might be value. I would imagine that the loans given to Brighton by Bloom would protect the club in any such circumstance. Think of it this way he goes bust, his creditors look at his investment, he has loaned unsecured 100m to a company he has the controlling interest in. That club is effectively worthless due to the loans and therefore his assets are worthless. The most the creditors can do is seize his assets ie his shares in a worthless club. (not knowing the make up of holding company this could amount to a few pounds)

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Palace really are CLUTCHING aren't they?

I mean, of ALL THE THINGS they could try and have a go at, they choose a MEGA RICH OWNER who is a FAN and has family involved for GENERATIONS.

A guy who has PLOWED funds into a sinking ship at Withdean. A guy who has BOUGHT our stadium interest free. A guy who is funding the EXPANSION of our stadium. The guy who is funding a NEW training complex. A guy who is CLEARLY an OBSESSED brighton FAN like US.

And Palace choose THIS to try and mock? Amazing.

albionite

May 20, 2009
From the Times article "“I don’t seek publicity and if I could do this without any, I would,” Bloom said. “I don’t know how they compile the Rich Lists. A lot of people are not on there because people don’t know of them - like me. But I know a chairman of a football club is high-profile. So I accept it.

“Property is my main thing, mainly in the UK, but I have some international property investments and in private equity. £93 million is a huge amount of money and I never envisaged this even three years ago, when the costs involved were much lower, but if I want the football club to exist, this is what is needed. “I’ve deliberately been in the background, but I’ve been fully aware of what has been going on. I’m also fully aware of fans’ concerns because of what happened to us under previous ownership. Once the stadium is built, the club has a long-term future. The land the stadium will be built on will be close to worthless without the stadium on it, whereas the Goldstone Ground had land value and the previous owner cashed in on that.

“The culture of the club and the closeness between the fans and the club will not change. Those characteristics are great. Maybe as we become a bigger organisation things will change, but if we have to be run it a little more professionally we don’t want to lose the relationship and the openness with the fans.”

Palace4ever

Apr 13, 2011
Chappers never said anything about that? Amazing for you to come out with that in the same post you accused others of not being able to debate.
It's of course commendable that some Palace fans proved themselves to be decent people after all with this, but it still does leave the question of why the incredibly wealthy group of individuals that now own Palace only decided to pay 1% of what the club owed. No Palace fan seems to want to answer this. You seem capable of waffling at legnth on subjects of whcih you know nothing, why don't you inform us about something you might actually know about, your club?

Because they do not have to! It is not morally right - but there you have it. Prior to owning the club, these men had no debt to these companies. SJ took them on board for business and he screwed up the contract. Yes as a gesture of goodwill, they could have paid these people back. As a fan I am neither impressed that they didn't or angered that they didn't. They put forward a proposal of 1p in the pound and it was accepted. It was great of S'otons owners to pay back in full. That was the exception, not the norm.

I admit my reply to some of the posts was childish - and I do not think that you WILL go bust, but more that there seems to be an assumption (mainly from your fans on the BBS) that there is no chance that things could go wrong at BHA and that you are set up for life. Well - the original point is be more cautious than we and many clubs have been when someone comes offering the money. I have said the same thing to fans of other clubs since we have seen it all go horribly wrong. The reaon it has been more focussed in your direction is the constant comments regarding YOUR finances and OUR finances on the Palace message boards.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here