Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How much do you think Gus will have to spend?

• Nothing! Free transfers & loans only.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Only money made from selling current players.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • 0 to 1MIL

Votes: 4 3.0%
  • 1.1MIL to 2MIL

Votes: 13 9.7%
  • 2.1MIL to 3MIL

Votes: 26 19.4%
  • 3.1MIL to 4MIL

Votes: 32 23.9%
  • 4.1MIL to 5MIL

Votes: 24 17.9%
  • Over 5 Million.

Votes: 34 25.4%

• Total voters

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Well, he has said he's after six new players that are BETTER than what we already have. That will be costly, not just in terms of fee's but also wages.

I'll go for 4.1-5million. If he is allowed to go after who he wants.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Wages are already an issue with the Argus reporting that we are not going to move for Dean Marney (Burnley - midfielder) despite being linked with him, his wage demands could not be afforded.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Eight pounds nine shillings and sevenpence three-farthings.Approximately.

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
Similar to last summer I'm guessing so £3.1-£4m, maybe be a bit more based on pies & pint sales :)

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I don't think you can look at it and say, for example £4m. It may be that he uses £3m of the "transfer budget" but uses an additional £1m in the "wages budget". If there are good out of contract players we may pay more in wages to attract them from the Premiershite?

Brad Friedel please.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I don't think you can look at it and say, for example £4m. It may be that he uses £3m of the "transfer budget" but uses an additional £1m in the "wages budget". If there are good out of contract players we may pay more in wages to attract them from the Premiershite?

Brad Friedel please.

Couldn't agree more. It may well be that we spend hardly anything and Gus instead goes for players that command big wages, but no fee.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
If it is 5 million after what was spent last year promotion is a must you would think or he would be out the door.

Nonsense. It's a side of mostly League One players still. At least 6-7 other teams around us next season will still have bigger wage budgets, more experienced squads, far more experience in the Championship/Prem etc. We have NO divine right to the Prem and are not spending at that level yet.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Nonsense. It's a side of mostly League One players still. At least 6-7 other teams around us next season will still have bigger wage budgets, more experienced squads, far more experience in the Championship/Prem etc. We have NO divine right to the Prem and are not spending at that level yet.

How much did Brigton spend last year compared to sides in that League? West Ham and Leicester aside.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
How much did Brigton spend last year compared to sides in that League? West Ham and Leicester aside.

And how much did Cardiff, Boro, Blackpool, Leeds, Birmingham, Reading etc spend over the last FIVE years building their squads?

They are all FAR more ready for Prem football than us. There are only 3 spots. We do not pay top 3 wages, nor have Top 3 quality players. Yet.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

Last year West Ham had a wage bill of £45 million, ours was £7 million, Southampton's was £11.5 million, as was the likes of Blackpool and Reading.

People's heads have been turned by the fee paid for CMS. We are not big spenders in terms of wages. Jack Cork was offered £12,000 a week to stay at Burnley after going on loan there in 2010-11, Southampton offered him £23,000 a week and he took it.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
£3.5M or thereabouts directly and whatever else on top of that from the outgoing transfer money.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Given we can only guess at what wages or signing on fees player get, I have no idea what our budget was last season let alone the coming one.

What is this poll based on?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here