Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How much do you think Gus will have to spend?

• Nothing! Free transfers & loans only.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Only money made from selling current players.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • 0 to 1MIL

Votes: 4 3.0%
  • 1.1MIL to 2MIL

Votes: 13 9.7%
  • 2.1MIL to 3MIL

Votes: 26 19.4%
  • 3.1MIL to 4MIL

Votes: 32 23.9%
  • 4.1MIL to 5MIL

Votes: 24 17.9%
  • Over 5 Million.

Votes: 34 25.4%

• Total voters

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Last year West Ham had a wage bill of £45 million, ours was £7 million, Southampton's was £11.5 million, as was the likes of Blackpool and Reading.

People's heads have been turned by the fee paid for CMS. We are not big spenders in terms of wages. Jack Cork was offered £12,000 a week to stay at Burnley after going on loan there in 2010-11, Southampton offered him £23,000 a week and he took it.

Any idea what the Palace wage bill was El Pres ?

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Last year West Ham had a wage bill of £45 million, ours was £7 million, Southampton's was £11.5 million, as was the likes of Blackpool and Reading.

People's heads have been turned by the fee paid for CMS. We are not big spenders in terms of wages. Jack Cork was offered £12,000 a week to stay at Burnley after going on loan there in 2010-11, Southampton offered him £23,000 a week and he took it.

£23,000 a year for Cork? Surely you can't be serious? Grossly over-valued if true.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
It's more about making sure our key players such as Greer, CMS, Bridcutt are earning proper Championship money and then slowly adjusting the wage budget accordingly. We still have a League 1/2 wage structure, it's best to grow it slowly. Not just just throw money at new signings.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
How can anybody speculate when they have no idea of what wages we are offering and what fees we are paying because invariably anybody we buy the fee will be undisclosed as it usually is.

Pondicherry

May 25, 2007
Horsham
We were in with a chance of promotion this season and decided to bring in Billy Painter. I suspect there is not as much cash available as people think.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
We were in with a chance of promotion this season and decided to bring in Billy Painter. I suspect there is not as much cash available as people think.

This may be nearer the truth. 0-1 million with some players being sold. Gus's biggest signing will be trying to keep Vicente and if this comes off he will be a far bigger influence next season.

Mr Smggles

May 11, 2009
Winchester
I don't think you can look at it and say, for example £4m. It may be that he uses £3m of the "transfer budget" but uses an additional £1m in the "wages budget". If there are good out of contract players we may pay more in wages to attract them from the Premiershite?

Brad Friedel please.

The Brad Friedel who currently start for Tottenham, who are vying for Champions League football? You have two hopes - No hope & Bob Hope.

bennibenj

Mar 6, 2011
Sompting
This may be nearer the truth. 0-1 million with some players being sold. Gus's biggest signing will be trying to keep Vicente and if this comes off he will be a far bigger influence next season.

Completely agree mate, maybe stretching to 2m but largely based on selling or reducing wage bill first

falmer seagull

Apr 28, 2012

Gus stated that the only chance of keeping Vicente is bringing quality players in so expect Gus to have at least £5 million or more at his despoil and convince Vicente that we've got a realistic chance of the play offs.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

It's far more about the wage bill than transfer fees. Bloom said he wanted the team to be self financing so hopefully the extra income from the additional season tickets will give Poyet a bit more to play with.

D

Deleted member 2719

It's far more about the wage bill than transfer fees. Bloom said he wanted the team to be self financing so hopefully the extra income from the additional season tickets will give Poyet a bit more to play with.

Yep i too suspect that to be the case.

DT Withdean

Mar 5, 2011
Spent £4m+ last Summer, when the amazing commercial success of the Club was not assured.

£5m+ this Summer.
More if we part with CMS for £m's.

ees complicated no?

Apr 3, 2011
Hove, United Kingdom
When I made this I honestly didn't think 'Nothing! Free transfers & loans only' would have a chance, but it's going be interesting to see if we actually spend any amount in this window, as I'd be more than happy with loan and free transfers if it's the same quality of the 3 current players who have come in.

(at the time of this post Nothing! Free transfers & loans only, had 0 votes)

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Just under £5M, most to be spent on striker and midfielder...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Maybe just over £5M!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here