Votes: 3 6.7%
  • £200+

Votes: 3 6.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
I was shocked to read the other day that the average family in the UK spend £150 per week on shopping! christ alive that's ridiculous.

We spend around £65 per week for the four of us (one 3 year old, one ten month old - so nappies etc included and perhaps makes up for them being little and not eating huge amounts) and we eat very well. Is it because we can cook and never buy convenience?

just wondering like...

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
It ranges. For three of use with a regular other set of three visiting, a small shop can be as low as £50, and a 'big shop' can go up towards £120 (but that big shop then allows for small shops for a couple of weeks).

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
It don't see unreasonable,
Normally a "big shop" once a month £400-£500 , and then the daily consumables, £5-10 a day as a guide.
So anywhere between £500 - £700 a month.

Last edited:

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Around £60 a week for two of us, though we've been trying to keep it closer to £50.

Will change next month when our first kid arrives!

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Probably. Shit, unhealthy food is expensive for some reason. :shrug:

It's cos they know thick council estate people like it and will spend their kids welfare money on multipacks of Monster Munch and catering size packs of fish fingers.

For some reason I cannot figure out, Arabs seem to over feed and spoil their chubby little children in a similar way.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I once read a marketing document about social groups and their spending habits. It made for hilarious reading and every stereotype was included. There was some weird stuff in there as well, I recall folk in Humberside has a penchant for own-brand vodka and tinned stewing steak.

Oh, our joint card for shopping clocks in at around 350 a month. That's me and Die Frau.

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
Per month, I set aside £300 per month. Thats for 2 adults and a 3 year old. We go shopping big style once a month and spend say £200. Try to buy lots of food that we can use to make meals, as opposed to TV dinners that cost the earth and taste sh*t. Plus buying in bulk seems to be cost effective i.e multi packss of nappies tec rather than buying just enough for a week.

The rest goes on weekly consummables i.e fruit and veg. Also use M&S card in Tesco. That way you get club points, plus points on your M&S card which they give back as money coupons to use in M&S.

I'm sure the foodbill will go higher though.

wehatepalace

Limbs
NSC Patron
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
£100-£120 a week for 3 of us. Baby milk and nappies are bloody expensive. I normally buy 3 or bottles of wine too,so I think thats about right.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
£150 pw?

Barely covers the fine wines and Lafroyg that accompany the fish fingers and oven ready chips.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Asda Smartprice - the weekly shop for £3.99! :)

Although I tend to buy a lot of the same stuff week in week out, I do look at the supermarket leaflets that come with The Leader and often buy the stuff on offer to save money.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Life's just one long rollercoaster of fun with you isn't it :lol:

How much do you spend on all those lemons you suck then?

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
We spend £35-50 a week with two of us and a cat. We eat very well and I cook evrything from scratch without any ready meals but with a couple of bottles of wine included. Ready meals are insanely expensive

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here