Votes: 3 6.7%
  • £200+

Votes: 3 6.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
I budget for £150 a week for the family (4 of us) This includes Nappies and Baby Milk. Normally doesn't come as high as that but if I budget for it then anytihng left over is a bonus. Last week for example was £130 the week before was £120 and this week is looking like £140. Oh yeah that includes the delivery fee as we always have our shopping delivered.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
that is about right...£80 odd in sainsbury's and about £70 odd in M&S a week.

The more people in the household, the cheaper it becomes per head.

True to an extent although having 3 hulking teenagers to feed makes a huge difference. It's like having an army of soldier ants in the house and anything that's going in the fridge is considered fair game.

We try and buy for most of the week ahead at the weekend but invariably the week's supply of crisps, fruit, chocky bars, coke etc. has gone by Tuesday.

For those with small kids prepare to dramatically increase your budgets as they get older and good luck :thumbsup:

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
It works out at about £50 pw including booze from the supermarket, but excluding the odd bottle of vino / case of cider from the offie. That's to feed me and also the gf who is round more often than not and expects to be fed!

I cook everything from scratch too, usually in bulk so I freeze portions. Makes a massive difference getting in from work and eating a home cooked meal that's been defrosting all day within minutes - beats the sh|t out of ready meals. I don't even own a microwave!

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I spend £13.89 on packets of Findus Crispy Pancakes and Birds Eye Potato Waffles. I could probably cut this down but I'm a real brand name kinda guy.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I tend to think we spend a lot as we dont eat any "junk " at all....we rarely have fried food if at all, no crips, no biscuits and sweet stuff but we eat a hell of a lot of fish, salad vegetables and fruit. I cant remember the last time we had burgers and sausages...if we barbie these days we have fish ( Sea Bass/ Sea Bream on the barbie is very nice)

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Two adults only. Fodd probably £100 - £150 per week. The add on the alcohol, mostly wine, another £50. Mind you it's not any old food bill, it's an M&S food bill!

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
About AU$420.00 per week for 2 adults, 3 kids and poochie.
That works out to around 185 Quid give or take, not so cheap eh.:rolleyes:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Two adults only. Fodd probably £100 - £150 per week. The add on the alcohol, mostly wine, another £50. Mind you it's not any old food bill, it's an M&S food bill!

:thumbsup:

we tend to spend less when the £10 for main/veg/pud and wine offer is on...although we tend to buy three lots!

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I shop at Strangebury's. There is often a fine selection of MILF in there and not too many smelly poor people, however I have noticed they have started to hire 'tards and foreigners recently. I shall monitor tihs situation and if it begins to have an impact I may switch loyalties. You have been warned J. Sainsbury - pull your socks up man!

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Is it because we can cook and never buy convenience?

just wondering like...

In my experience, the exact opposite is true. We like to buy fresh reasonably healthy food, and we cook about 6 evening a week, and we find it expensive. Whereas you can go to Iceland and get a box of trillion burgers, sausages, and other assorted crap for about a tenner.

It works out at about £50 pw including booze from the supermarket, but excluding the odd bottle of vino / case of cider from the offie. That's to feed me and also the gf who is round more often than not and expects to be fed!

I cook everything from scratch too, usually in bulk so I freeze portions. Makes a massive difference getting in from work and eating a home cooked meal that's been defrosting all day within minutes - beats the sh|t out of ready meals. I don't even own a microwave!

Brilliant avatar, there.

I'm interested to know what you do cook, in minutes, without a microwave.
Are we talking...pizza, here?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I shop at Strangebury's. There is often a fine selection of MILF in there and not too many smelly poor people, however I have noticed they have started to hire 'tards and foreigners recently. I shall monitor tihs situation and if it begins to have an impact I may switch loyalties. You have been warned J. Sainsbury - pull your socks up man!

You`re lucky that you are ugly and live alone in a bedsit Nibble or else your food bill could be more than double what you pay out now.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
You`re lucky that you are ugly and live alone in a bedsit Nibble or else your food bill could be more than double what you pay out now.

It was nice chatting to you on your first day behind the till as part of the Equal Opportunities drive at Sainsbury's.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Brilliant avatar, there.

I'm interested to know what you do cook, in minutes, without a microwave.
Are we talking...pizza, here?

In the main, something with rice or pasta - the chilli con carne / curry / bolognese or whatever I've defrosted during the day will only take 5 mins to warm up, so I can be eating in the time it takes to cook the rice or spaghetti -10-15 mins max.

I can be scoffing home cooked food within 20 mins of getting home. Good job too seeing as I don't usually get in from work until 8.30 at best.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Oh, and glad you like the avatar!

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
I budget for £150 a week for the family (4 of us) This includes Nappies and Baby Milk. Normally doesn't come as high as that but if I budget for it then anytihng left over is a bonus. Last week for example was £130 the week before was £120 and this week is looking like £140. Oh yeah that includes the delivery fee as we always have our shopping delivered.

You do realise by having it delivered you get the "not so best products" ie end finishing soonest, the warmer dairy products from the front etc,

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here