Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How much do you spend on Jeans?

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
I bought a pair of Diesel jeans the other day, from the Diesel shop Neale St, Covent garden, I took them to the counter to pay, for the woman (totally gorgeous) to inform me that they cost £129.

I almost passed out, but bought them anyway, as I was far too proud (stupid) to put them back. I got home and told the wife and she informed me the last pair she bought cost £179, from some posh clothes shop in Cuckfield. I almost choked on my spaghetti bolognaise.

So anyway, is spending over a £100 on jeans now common place?

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Most I've ever spent was €50, wearing a pair that cost me a fiver now (in a closing down sale for a bankrupt shop not normal price) :p

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
I wear True Religion, Mr Starry does bitch and complain about the cost of them but it goes in one ear and out the other.

I buy him Cherokee from Tesco to compensate for the cost of mine.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Jeans are just jeans wherever you buy them from, they're all made of the same material so how anyone can justify paying £180 for a pair when you can get a reasonable pair for £40/50 is beyond me.

I think the most I've ever paid is £30, but usually about £20 in the sales.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
crodonilson said:
Jeans are just jeans wherever you buy them from, they're all made of the same material so how anyone can justify paying £180 for a pair when you can get a reasonable pair for £40/50 is beyond me.

I would have thought a £180 pair of jeans would probably last longer than a £30 pair.

Wait for goodnorth.com to have a sale and pick up some one true saxon for half price. It's the way forward.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
tommy boy said:
the pair i am wearing cost me £20 from topman

i have another pair which cost me £8 from GEORGE

My mate asked me where I got my jeans yesterday, he said they were really nice. I had to tell him £6 from Primarche.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
I bought some cheap cherokee ones a few years back and the material was very thin and flimsy. I also hated them because the rivets were put in so loosely that whenever I slid my hands into a pocket the edges would slide under my finger nail, OUCH.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Bought a pair of Diesels in Turkey (genuine as the Diesel shop) - £54, 50% discount.

Most I have spent is £90 in a sale for Paul Smiths

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
A lot less since I started buying on Ebay. I would say about £30 and that would be Levis, Lee and Diesel.

aftershavedave

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
according to what you're looking for.

the "trouble" that branded jeans have is that the brand defining brand (if that makes sense) is levi and they cost about £50 i believe.

since the coolest brand is £50 why pay more unless they are a little different, eg canvas chinos?

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
I normally spend about £40 on them from jane norman - they seem to always have the right shade of jean - whereas topshop have gone for the boy colour!!! If i wanted "boyfriend jeans" id go i topman!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here