Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How much do you OWE?

Tesco in Disguise

Where do we go from here?
Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville
with uk consumer debt now at £1.3tn (larger than our total output), what does yours stand at.

me, £10k student load not paid off.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
none of your business

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
1200 in a pittance interest loan (work scheme with a bank, wahey) I took out to pay my car insurance/tax for a year in advance, saving 300 in extra charges for monthly/tri-monthly payments of them; and nothing else... due to not owning a house.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I still owe the newsagent on Buckingham road 45p for some milk.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
We have a mortgage which is less than half the value of our property - but personally I owe the credit card company about £800.....quite pleased considering it used to be £5k!!

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
We have a mortgage which is less than half the value of our property - but personally I owe the credit card company about £800.....quite pleased considering it used to be £5k!!

That is very disciplined, paying that much back. How long did it take you, if you don't mind the asking?

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
That is very disciplined, paying that much back. How long did it take you, if you don't mind the asking?

About 2 1/2 years and I had to sell my car (£2.3k) which was a significant whack of it....I was buying loads when I was on maternity leave whilst earning nothing shamefully!! :nono:

actually its a bit less than that as Arthur is only just over two and I racked it up in his first year....so probably under 2 years...

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
About 2 1/2 years and I had to sell my car (£2.3k) which was a significant whack of it....I was buying loads when I was on maternity leave whilst earning nothing shamefully!! :nono:

You cannot live in thi sday and age without owing something. I luckily don't owe much at all but then I don't own much either so it evens out.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Somewhere between £12k-£13k:angry:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Mortgage which is less than a third of the value of the house and approx £460 on credit cards which will be cleared at the end of the month (£300 of that was the cat's vet bill)

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
cat-eating.gif

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here