Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How Much-chelsea???

HAMPSHIRE DAVE

Dec 7, 2004
NR SOUTHAMPTON
Work with a Sunderland fan who was mentioning about his team playing a Stamford Bridge in September.
He's been given the chance of a ticket in the away section but is not going because.......................
IT'S BLOODY £48 FOR THE GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Talk about milking the fans dry.
HAMPSHIRE DAVE:angry: :shootself :nono:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Obscene cost

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Its twice as much as it is to see us (and a little bit more).

I would say they are at least twice as attractive then us.

If it costs ten quid to see Brighton play Worthing in a friendly is £50 for the best team in the country playing in a lovely stadium REALLY that bad?

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Richie Morris said:

If it costs ten quid to see Brighton play Worthing in a friendly is £50 for the best team in the country playing in a lovely stadium REALLY that bad?

:jester:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Richie Morris said:

You're a f***ing joke Morris.

The working mans agme indeed. :nono:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
There is something wrong when it costs an away fan £48 to see a league match. Disgusting! It's cheaper to see a World Cup match next year than that...

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
I've been given the chance of seeing Chelsea v Arsenal next month which is a Super Sunday televised game for £40. Not sure where I'd be sitting but it would be in the home area. I'm seriously considering it as it doesn't clash with the Albion.

SussexSpur

Jan 24, 2004
Finchley
I've stopped going to see Spurs at Chelsea. One, because obviously we never win. And two, because the prices are just outrageous and the views even more insulting. The away fans get to sit behind a selection of west London's finest pillars, all for the privilege of handing over about £50, just in facey-facey ticket price. The last time I went, three seasons ago, Spurs fans were charged £49 a crappy little seat. Bates, as it was then, tried to insist we should feel proud, not pissedoff, by Chelsea deigning to place Tottenham in their 'category A' pricing plan. Either way, whether away fans are being seen as extravagant nouveau riche guests, or plebby, patronised 'little-leaguers', all visitors to Chelsea are being even more royally ripped off than at most over-priced Premiership grounds these days... Then again, just how do you combat this, since there will always be people prepared to pay? :(

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
SussexSpur said:
I've stopped going to see Spurs at Chelsea. One, because obviously we never win. And two, because the prices are just outrageous and the views even more insulting. The away fans get to sit behind a selection of west London's finest pillars, all for the privilege of handing over about £50, just in facey-facey ticket price. The last time I went, three seasons ago, Spurs fans were charged £49 a crappy little seat. Bates, as it was then, tried to insist we should feel proud, not pissedoff, by Chelsea deigning to place Tottenham in their 'category A' pricing plan. Either way, whether away fans are being seen as extravagant nouveau riche guests, or plebby, patronised 'little-leaguers', all visitors to Chelsea are being even more royally ripped off than at most over-priced Premiership grounds these days... Then again, just how do you combat this, since there will always be people prepared to pay? :(

It cost me £37.00 and £37 for a 12 year old to see the albion at spurs last year - £37 for a kid to see his club in the cup against a premier team - you are just as much rip off merchants a s Chelsea. By the way Chelsea charged Scunthorpe fans £20 to get in on the same 3rd round day

Saint Lennard

Prawn Sarnie Casual
Sep 30, 2004
Seafront shelters
SussexSpur said:

If you follow a premiershite team then you get what you deserve. Hopefully they will price themselves out of it but that is unlikely as there are more and more corporate packages and many people go to the odd game.

What astounds me is that you pay more for less. There is no soul or passion in the Premiershite as witnessed at White Hart Library last year.

I don't follow Albion for the quality of the football but for the passion of their support and the effort of the team etc.

Premiershite fans are so full of bull. Look at the Manure fans that were going to rip up their season tickets it has had no effect on season ticlkets sales. May be they should never have moved away from their local club in the first place.

Last edited:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Well said Saint Lennard. Regrettably the premier league has become the reserve of the 'Prawn Sandwich Eaters' at most clubs. Definitely at so called 'glamourous' London clubs.

Real footy is in the divisions below the premiershite. I have nothing but contempt for ALL things Premier League quite frankly the whole thing bores me shitless.

Pigsy

Jul 14, 2004
I went to stamford bridge about six years ago, can't remember how much the ticket was, but I do remember the tight bastards were charging £6 for a burger!

I'm really going to struggle to take both of my lads to matches once they're of an age to go:(

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
If Wigan have got any sense they should give their fans their away end, charge them the same as last season and give the home end to the away team at the same price they charge away fans.

This would then generate pots of money and fill the stadium most games.

Saint Lennard

Prawn Sarnie Casual
Sep 30, 2004
Seafront shelters
nickgeo said:
I went to stamford bridge about six years ago, can't remember how much the ticket was, but I do remember the tight bastards were charging £6 for a burger!

I'm really going to struggle to take both of my lads to matches once they're of an age to go:(

So why not the Albion? If not then f*ck off. You and your kids are the futrure of the club. With no proper ground we have missed out on a whole generation of support. Something that doesn't seem to bother you.:angry:

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:
Well said Saint Lennard. Regrettably the premier league has become the reserve of the 'Prawn Sandwich Eaters' at most clubs. Definitely at so called 'glamourous' London clubs.

Real footy is in the divisions below the premiershite. I have nothing but contempt for ALL things Premier League quite frankly the whole thing bores me shitless.

yep ..couldnt agree more..real footie for real fans not premiershite

Pigsy

Jul 14, 2004
Saint Lennard said:
So why not the Albion? If not then f*ck off. You and your kids are the futrure of the club. With no proper ground we have missed out on a whole generation of support. Something that doesn't seem to bother you.:angry:

Calm down, meant I was going to struggle to afford to take them to any games, albion are the club of choice, but you're still looking at a fair size investment to get three people into most championship grounds. Living in the East Midlands mean I also have to fend off forest/leicester trying to lure my kiddies support.

Having been attending games for well over 20 years, I see myself as the past and present of the club as well as the future. Don't know quite where you derive your impression that us having no proper ground/missing out on a genration of fans is of no concern to me?

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
The Auditor said:
yep ..couldnt agree more..real footie for real fans not premiershite

Have Sunderland, Wigan and West Ham supporters ceased to be 'real fans' now that their teams are in the Premiership?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here