Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How Much-chelsea???

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
The Laughing Bluebird said:
Have Sunderland, Wigan and West Ham supporters ceased to be 'real fans' now that their teams are in the Premiership?

fair point ..you know what i mean though...

Saint Lennard

Prawn Sarnie Casual
Sep 30, 2004
Seafront shelters
Have Sunderland, Wigan and West Ham supporters ceased to be 'real fans' now that their teams are in the Premiership?

West Ham and Sunderland fans are typical of those that feel they have a right to be in the highest division. Their whole attitude is towards big is best and look down their noses at anything below the Premiershite. I can't speak for Wigan as i don't know any fans from there.

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield

Of course not, all power to the 300 or whatever Wigan fans who came to a midweek match at the magnificent withdean last year (pity that thrashed us), what I think he is saying is that real fans porbably get priced out by climbing the leagues. I went to more aways in the lower divisions than i do in the championship simply because it was cheaper.

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
Saint Lennard said:
West Ham and Sunderland fans are typical of those that feel they have a right to be in the highest division.

Nonsense. I've met a number of Sunderland fans during the last couple of seasons and they were all decent people who seemed very down to earth. They didn't seem to have any delusions of grandeur at all. I think I read similar comments from Seagulls fans here last season after Albion had played Sunderland.

As for West Ham fans, half of them would be whinging if they were champions of Europe. Grizzling seems to be a speciality at Upton Park.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Nonsense. I've met a number of Sunderland fans during the last couple of seasons and they were all decent people who seemed very down to earth. They didn't seem to have any delusions of grandeur at all. I think I read similar comments from Seagulls fans here last season after Albion had played Sunderland.

As for West Ham fans, half of them would be whinging if they were champions of Europe. Grizzling seems to be a speciality at Upton Park.
Totally agree. Sunderland fans are proper fans. West Ham fans seem to think they're the best in the world, but are in fact amongst the whingiest, whiny twats in the premiershite - they get on the backs of their players all the time, and on their site you get bitter comments on the size of Wigan/Bolton support virtually every day.

Saint Lennard

Prawn Sarnie Casual
Sep 30, 2004
Seafront shelters
I think I read similar comments from Seagulls fans here last season after Albion had played Sunderland.

Ah you have reminded me of those heady days when you were "the sleeping giant" who were returning to glory. What happened? Are is the giant just taking a short nap?:blush:

I assume that if you are Sunderland supporters that they would say thaey are not where they belong etc. All i got when i was up there was "we have a Premiershiote ground and deserve Premiershite football". They even changed their name from Mackems to Black Cats to be in with the Premiershite corporate pirates. Sorry but i hope thety continually struggle and their fans get pissed off with paying premiershite prices for crap performances.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...

Agreed. There was a good turn out of Sunderland fans for the Fans United game at Cambridge last season, a nice (and loud) bunch they were too.

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
Saint Lennard said:
Ah you have reminded me of those heady days when you were "the sleeping giant" who were returning to glory. What happened? Is the giant just taking a short nap?

Unfortunately, our plans to become bigger than Barcelona are on hold for the time being. We are currently concentrating on being bigger than Barnsley.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Saint Lennard said:
They even changed their name from Mackems to Black Cats to be in with the Premiershite corporate pirates. Sorry but i hope thety continually struggle and their fans get pissed off with paying premiershite prices for crap performances.
Erm, no they didn't. They changed their nickname from the "Rokerites" to the "Black cats" after a vote amongst season ticket holders. The reason being that they moved from Roker Park.

A "mackem" is a generic name for someone from Sunderland and no more of a nickname to Sunderland AFC than "The cockneys" is to West Ham United.

HAMPSHIRE DAVE

Dec 7, 2004
NR SOUTHAMPTON
Thank you Simster at least you know what your talking about unlike Saint Lennard.
Funny but I though this thread was about Chelsea and their ott prices not about slaging off Sunderland.(A far more friendly bunch than the "cartoon army" who keep telling us how big they are but have won as many major trophy's as Sunderland in the last 30 years....NONE!!!!!!!!)

HAMPSHIRE DAVE

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here