Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How Much Are you Worried about Wednesdays Cup Game

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Man City to win by 2 or more at 9/5. Are you sure ?. Thats a gift.

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath

Yes, check out Bet365. Sounds about right if they are offering 8/13 on a Man City win.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Why do you keep saying the game doesnt matter? It does matter if you have paid 24 to watch it. I go the Withdean to watch the thrills and spills of live football. All games matter to me.

I mean the game doesnt matter in the context of the season. Yes the game does matter to us fans, their is pride, passion, bragging rights at stake along with the £24 fee.

If we win, lose or draw it has no effect on our league table positioning or points tally.

If we play shit, get stuffed and the crowd turn on the players and the manager, then maybe it will have an affect on the rest of the season if it means fewer people turn up and the players know they wll get booed and lose all confidence

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Give a f*** O Meter Wednesday

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
No worries at all - we're not expected to do anything apart from roll over and admire the silky skills of City's big names (even if they're big names who don't normally get in the first team ...). So let's see what happens.

Plus points:
1 Any kind of performance is *bound* to boost confidence
2 Chance to see top players at the Withdean. Not something we usually experience.
3 If, by some miracle, we make a decent game of it, it could help break the home hoodoo and get the season rolling again

And a final plea - whatever you think of Adams and the players, can we PLEASE make some noise and get behind the team. I know an away atmosphere at a home game is wishful thinking in the extreme, but wouldn't it be great to show the City fans we're not all miserable whingers but can actually roar the lads on?

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
I'm not looking forward to it in an excitement sense but I never really was anyway. This is a match for part-time fans who want to see a big club. I'm not warped in by it, but if we're still in the game with 20 minutes to go I will be. I've got a feeling we'll play well, but in reality it doesnt count for much as effectively the pressure is off.

Jamon Jamon

Mar 25, 2008
we are going to nick it on Weds, hare and tortoise an all that bollocks, it'd be nice for everyone to get behind the team, saturday's history now

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton

Just put a couple of quid on it.

Also noticed that lazio are around 5/1 to beat Ac Milain tonight, had a quick look at the table as didn't think they could be that bad and have won both or there games sofar so reckon its worth putting something on them aswell.
Its about 5 minutes into the game now

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
I'd be more worried about being on the end of a real hammering if we had won on Saturday. I would go for us going down to a 2 or 3 goal margin and playing some good stuff at times. Alas, normal plodding predictable service will be resumed for the next league game at Withdean.

SICKASAGULL

Aug 26, 2007
The big problem is that the team will be so shell shocked after the Carling Cup match that we will not win a league game for weeks to come which could result in relegation.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here