Votes: 10 9.2%

Votes: 4 3.7%

Votes: 1 0.9%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 15 - I don't expect to make the next one

• 17 - I remember the first one (I'm lying)

• Total voters

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
At 6 I was just too young to remember 1974, my football memories started the following years with the West Ham - Fulham FA Cup Final.

I got chicken pox very bad on Day 3 of the 1978 World Cup, so watched 2 weeks of football every day while my friends were at school. Superb!

Shizuoka Dolphin

NSC M0DERATOR
Jul 8, 2003
N/A
sunshine said:
I was born in feb, 1982... too young for that world cup and really can't remember 1986 either as i ws only 4... but 1990 i remember. Gazza crying.. ah man.

I can picture clear as day the evening we watched that mulleted freak Waddle put it into Row Z and five seconds of sheer disbelief... Then we went out to beat up Germany students. (We didn't really.) :jester:

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
9 that I remember. Apparently I watched in 1966, but only being 4 at the time I have no recollection of it whatsoever. And technically I was around for the 1962 finals, but was only a few months old and have no idea if we even had a telly then...

I enjoyed Mexico 70 though.

Elms

May 11, 2004
Horsham
Just old enough to remember the hand of god.

Lucky enough to have actually been to a final, France v Brazil in '98 courtesy of a Mastercard competition...what a day. Just a shame I wasn't watching England.

Yoda

English & European
BarrelofFun said:
I just about remember bits of the '86 World Cup, although at six I was more interested in playing than watching.

'90 was the first big one for me and left me distraught.

Same as me. :)

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I was alive for '58 and '62 but the first one I saw was '66 which has rather spoiled me.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I can't believe this will be my 12TH World Cup! OK, I'm cheating a bit because I was only 5 in 1962 and I don't really remember it, just knew it was being played. Also there wasn't the coverage then - think of the coverage Tim Henman would get in something like the Chilean Open (if there is such a thing) and that was about the level.

(I suppose I could claim 13 as I was one year old in 1958)

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Too young to remember 90, I remember a little of 94.
Then 98 and 02 obviously. So 3.

Last edited:

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
80's Seagull said:
Italia 90 was the first big one that I really remember watching all the games. Seem to recall I had a mini Italia 90 football that you could get free with some coca-cola.

Me too! Those mini-footballs were cool!

The first one I remember clearly is 1990. All I remember about 86 was the older ids at school calling Maradonna a cheating wanker and me agreeing with them. Obviously I had no idea who he was or what he'd done, but in fine NSc tradition I saw a bandwagon and jumped onto it with all the might my 6-yearold legs could muster.

Anyway, that means I vote four, right? 90,94,98,02...

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Although born in '65, the first one I really remember getting at all excited about was '78.

This one though, I am more excited about than any other. We ARE going to win it.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Was only 5 in 90 and i'm led to believe that (although it was on) i had little interest

Set of Tracksuits

Oct 27, 2003
Leicester
Was alive during 82 and 86, can remember the furore after the hand of God but don't remember the match.

So, Italia 90 was the first REAL one for me, remember sitting on the sofa watching the Belgium game drift towards penalties before Gazza's free kick dropped over Platt's shoulder... GOAL!!!

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
I was only 4 in 66 so cannot claim to remerbering anything about it.

However remember 70 clearly, I cried when we lost to the Germans 3-2 after being 2 nil up.

The first one I went to was Spain in 82 - in those days we all had Union Flags rather than St.Georges' Crosses.

A friend of mine in Mexico 86 stayed, Married a Mexican girl and is still there!

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Born in 65, remember a tiny amount about 74, we didn't have a telly at home but I seem to recollect seeing match reports, but no actual play, at a neighbours house. Can remember listening to matches from the 78 finals on the radio and by 82 we had a tv at home, biggest memory from that was being on the school bus home when Robson scored against France, everyone was going mental.

Best finals of the lot was 90, the only time we really had a chance of winning, in fact I can honestly say that our current team is probably the best we have had since then so I have a similar feeling. I have done two of those predict a result things, on both occasions I have us losing to Brazil in the semi-final, but on one occasion we play the Ukraine in the 3rd place match and in the other it was Italy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here