Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How many will we get on the march?

Sergi Gotsmanov

Feb 23, 2004
West of Palookaville
Gareth Glover said:
It needs to be 3000 + or it will be self defeating. We are stating what a big club we are and a handful will be more damaging than anything. Everyone needs to get their arse down that by 5.30. There are simply no excuses. If you are a fan you will be there , if you are not there you are not a fan in my book.

This kind of comment raises the question of a need for an u18s forum on here.

I take it you must be a child to make such stupid comments.

(by the way I will be there)

:nono: :nono:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Sorry if I touched a nerve but there has been 2 months notice and to my knowledge most people have something called holiday entitlement where they can request a day or an afternoon off.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Gareth Glover said:
It needs to be 3000 + or it will be self defeating. We are stating what a big club we are and a handful will be more damaging than anything. Everyone needs to get their arse down that by 5.30. There are simply no excuses. If you are a fan you will be there , if you are not there you are not a fan in my book.

I'm sure that everybody who can be there will do their best but given that the March starts at 17:30 many of our fans comute.

However Gareth, you you're so concerned why weren't you outside of the Conference Centre today ?

Oh, I'll be there before 9:30 and I will make the march. Ironically a lot of the Police were asking me where and when it was going to be.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
bhaexpress said:
I'm sure that everybody who can be there will do their best but given that the March starts at 17:30 many of our fans comute.

I agree with Gareth to a certain extent on this one. 2 months is plenty of time to arrange a day off, arrange to finish early, make up the time, throw a sickie etc. I understand that some jobs are more difficult to do this but we've known for a long time now so there has been plenty of time to re-organise. The majority of us have work or education obligations so using this as a general excuse doesn't cut it.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Sadly it isn't possible for everyone to make it. I will be but will have to leave work early and live near.

I am sure people not physically there will be there in spirit.

Gareth Glover said:
Sorry if I touched a nerve but there has been 2 months notice and to my knowledge most people have something called holiday entitlement where they can request a day or an afternoon off.

Fair enough. I quit, as evidently I don't give a shit!

If you spent as much time getting your opinions on horses sorted, rather than fellow Albion fans that you've never met, you'd be a a wealthy man.

I wish everyone luck on the march today, I'm sure you'll do us all proud.:clap:

(Please feel free to spit on me or stub cigarettes out on me if you see me at at game, as I do not belong)

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Just be there and stop griping.

caz99

Jun 2, 2004
Sompting
i have to agree with the majority gareth you have made some pretty stupid comments there. i work in arundel and its a nightmare for me to try and get to brighton for just before 5. due to train times and running etc.

yes i did know about the march before however as i have just taken two weeks off holiday i did not want to take the piss and have another half day as i am simply to busy. also however much i love the albion my job is more important. unfortunatley my boss doesn't see the importance of the march as much as i do and is not therefore willing to give me time off willy nilly. my family can't also get over there as work and school play a part.

i am fed up with a few people on here always coming out with the better fan crap its about time it stopped

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
caz99 said:
i have to agree with the majority gareth you have made some pretty stupid comments there. i work in arundel and its a nightmare for me to try and get to brighton for just before 5. due to train times and running etc.

yes i did know about the march before however as i have just taken two weeks off holiday i did not want to take the piss and have another half day as i am simply to busy. also however much i love the albion my job is more important. unfortunatley my boss doesn't see the importance of the march as much as i do and is not therefore willing to give me time off willy nilly. my family can't also get over there as work and school play a part.

i am fed up with a few people on here always coming out with the better fan crap its about time it stopped

Then don't say it's for the march. Just say you've got a personal commitment. It's a get out of jail free card. If they ask what it is just say it's personal and you'd rather not discuss it.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Gareth Glover said:
If you are a fan you will be there , if you are not there you are not a fan in my book.

you abosolute LOOSER! :rolleyes:

I reckon 1000-1500 if it keeps raining

2000+ if not, I just cant see a huge turn out :nono:

obviously hope I'm wrong

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Gareth Glover said:

Rangdo said:
Indeed. I work 17:30 to 00:00 on Monday evenings but took the day off to go. Work is not an excuse in my opinion. There are ways around it.

Couldn't agree more.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Let me clarify, if you work within the Brighton area or surroundings there is no excuse for not being there. Obviously people who live further afield or abroad it is not so viable.

To say I am working is not really a good reason as people have had 2 months to make arrangements. This is very important to make a good showing as if all people are looking for a reason not to go and we get a couple of nundred that would not be good.

I really don;t know why I have called an absolute loser, thanks Crabtree or stupid or childish for saying that.

Look if you want to go , go , if you don't, don;t it does not affect me personally but with all the efforts Paul Samrah and the Falmer campaign have made I think we need to put ourselves out on this one.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
I wonder how many people would take time off work/pull a sickie etc etc if we were playing in the Play Off Semi Final tonight.

Mr Popkins

Jul 8, 2003
LIVING IN SIN
just because the club say turn up for the march and show your support for the albion, dosnt mean you have to.

I for one dont really think its gonna make the slightest bit of difference on getting Falmer or not . I will be there though.

Im worried too that that we will end up with egg on our faces saying were a big club and only a few thousand turn up.

so just because you dont follow what the club say some people on here say your not a fan....

people are free thinkers and can make their own choice weather they want to turn up or not...

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Gareth Glover said:

Look if you want to go , go , if you don't, don;t it does not affect me personally but with all the efforts Paul Samrah and the Falmer campaign have made I think we need to put ourselves out on this one.

Well said :clap2:. With all the effort Sir Samrah has put into this march to get the message across at a golden opportunity like the Labour party conference, saying you can't get time off work seems a bit feeble.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
AP

You have contracited yourself about 5 times in that post.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
sorry I spelt looser wrong its loser.....and GG you are for the comment I quoted!

How the f*** you can say that is beyond me, I'd guarantee there are people in hosiptal with fatal injurys/illnesses who are BHA fans and cant make it.
I'd guarantee there are OAPs sitting in there nursing homes wihsing to be there but cannot go because they are not alllowed out on their own.
I'd guarantee people simply dont have the time to go due to a huge variety of reasons.
People even locally who work evenings might not of been granted time off.

The world does'nt revolve around BHA, this march or your pathetic views on it :shootself

caz99

Jun 2, 2004
Sompting
CrabtreeBHA said:
sorry I spelt looser wrong its loser.....and GG you are for the comment I quoted!

How the f*** you can say that is beyond me, I'd guarantee there are people in hosiptal with fatal injurys/illnesses who are BHA fans and cant make it.
I'd guarantee there are OAPs sitting in there nursing homes wihsing to be there but cannot go because they are not alllowed out on their own.
I'd guarantee people simply dont have the time to go due to a huge variety of reasons.
People even locally who work evenings might not of been granted time off.

The world does'nt revolve around BHA, this march or your pathetic views on it :shootself

:clap:

rango, unfortunately i don't hold a privileged job where i can just disappear when i want. my boss wants a reason for when i want to leave early and to be honest i would rather be honest than lie. luckily i do have a good boss and he was fine about me leaving early and making the time up. however if i had been busier today or out of the office then i would not have been able to do it. i cannot say to my boss ' no sorry i can't have the meeting this day or because of the march some things are more important and my job is'

that obviously makes me less of a fan than you cos i put my job first

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here