Votes: 22 15.1%
  • 5 or more

Votes: 27 18.5%

• Total voters

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I have HDMI 4 points throughout the house with a distributor/amplifier in the loft. All runs from the Sky+ box or Blu-Ray player. Similarly we put in RF points with infra red 'eyes' in all the same places, a distributor in the loft, so now we can use the Sky remote wherever we are watching (Lounge, Kitchen, Dining Room, Bedroom).

Initially we used cheap HDMI cable (over 50m of it), they all had to be made up to the correct length, but the cheap leads didn't work, signal kept dropping/freezing/blocking. We had been advised not to use the cheap stuff, but bowed to the opinion of those who say there is no difference between a cheap and an expensive HDMI lead. Anyway, we then coughed up for quality/expensive HDMI cabling and now we have lovely 1080 HDTV & Blu-Rays all over.

There isn't any difference for HDMI leads under 1.5M or 2M but any long cable runs need pro quality leads to sustain the signal , the original advice was correct in this situation.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
There isn't any difference for HDMI leads under 1.5M or 2M but any long cable runs need pro quality leads to sustain the signal , the original advice was correct in this situation.

Yep, your 0s and 1s either come out or they don't, an expensive cable won't make the picture and sound quality better but it *should* at least ensure that the signal arrives at its destination.

... and back on topic - 2 TVs in the Mr & Mrs Orange household, and very rarely on when Junior Orange is awake.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts

Oh, I know the original advice was correct, to my expense. Sadly, there are some people out there who 'provided' alternative views/opinion/advice, clearly without any idea what they were talking about.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
1 tv - in the lounge.

I do have a PC that is used for watching tv (netflix, iPlayer, TVCatchup) in the bedroom, so it's 2 if you don't take the question too literally...

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
FIVE !
42" in the lounge - LED
22" LCD in the master bedroom
17" LCD in the kitchen
17" LCD In daughter 1
17" LCD in daughter 2
no telly in the guest room.

Someone mentioned computers:
In my little 6x4 office, I did a quick count: 2 desktops (server & internet only) and 7 laptops [3 awaiting repair, 2 awaiting sale, 1 for my business and 1 for cricket coaching]
Wife and daughters both have laptops too ....

Shirty

Daring to Zlatan
5 too

42" in the lounge
28" in conservatory/games/xbox room
2 small ones in our bedroom and daughters bedroom
32" in sons room (although this is for xbox/ps3 only and has no TV input other than Sky go).

Oh, and about 3 or 4 crappy old ones in the loft !

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
One reasonable beast in the front room and one that is only for show and not for shows or showing in my bedroom.
The girlfriend doesn't have one in her room. Doesn't like spending her time under the influence of the likes of Kat Slater. Me, though, i want to be a sweaty concoction of Charlie Slater, Phil Mitchell, Alfie and Winston who i bet has a lot say for himself if only he was given the chance, and that odd blob of hair on the front of his head that he may call a "style".

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
None. Binned it in 2000. Didn't see the point and still can't. Half the people I know have binned their TVs and the other half spend most of their time moaning about how rubbish everything on TV is these days. If that's the point, why bother? It's about as logical as keeping a cow as a pet and then complaining that your house smells of cowshit.
I dided that, but I found my PS3 experience was not quite the same.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
On in the front room and one in my bedroom, although that's not plugged in. However, I watch a huge amount of stuff on my laptop.

KJP

Mar 2, 2011
Goring-by-Sea

2 32 inch and 2 19 inch

Gonna buy a 50 inch tv at Xmas as I miss the 40inch tv I sold last Xmas when I had to move back home

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
1 tv - in the lounge.

I do have a PC that is used for watching tv (netflix, iPlayer, TVCatchup) in the bedroom, so it's 2 if you don't take the question too literally...

Same, except iMac as I'm an iTwat.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here