Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How many points for the play offs ?

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
With a lot of teams around us losing/drawing of late, it could be as low as 70-73, it will probably be much lower than a few people on here predicted.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Forget that just keep form and win at least 4 more games

With a lot of teams around us losing/drawing of late, it could be as low as 70-73, it will probably be much lower than a few people on here predicted.
I've certainly lowered my target over the past few weeks. For what it's worth, my current prediction of the season-end table after this Saturday's games is this:-

92 Southampton
86 Reading
------------------------------------
83 West Ham United
74 Middlesbrough
73 Birmingham City
73 Brighton & Hove Albion
71 Blackpool
71 Cardiff City
71 Hull City

It may look slightly different after the Birmingham City v Cardiff City match.

Upper Library

Feb 25, 2011
Worthing
In December if anybody had said this was a realistic thread title at the end of March we would have all laughed out loud!!!!!!!!!!!

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
I've certainly lowered my target over the past few weeks. For what it's worth, my current prediction of the season-end table after this Saturday's games is this:-

92 Southampton
86 Reading
83 West Ham United
74 Middlesbrough
73 Birmingham City
71 Blackpool
71 Cardiff City
71 Hull City

I think b'ham / Cardiff is a nailed on draw which is obviously the best result for us

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house
You need one more point than the team in 7th place...end of story. Or you can be level with a better goal difference.

This

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
I have a feeling that the Reading/West Ham games are key. If we win one of those (best chance Reading at home) that will give confidence and I would expect the play offs with some points to spare. If say we only get a point or less (which could easily happen), it will go right down to the wire.

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
Win our home games.
Sounds so simple when you put it like that.......!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Warren Aspinall reckoned on yesterdays commentary that we need 14 more 4 wins and 2 draws. I think that we will get at least 10 points at home out of the 4 games darwing with 1 team and beating the other 3 and at least 1 win away.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I got to agree with WA ... buggered around with this for yonks and whatever (reasonable) combinations of results I plug in it keeps coming back to 75/76.

I don't think we can expect 4 home wins which is why I think Gus was pissed off yesterday and saying we've got to up the ante going away ... with games at Burnley and Barnsley we've got to be looking at winning those and not relying on home form to get us there

I think b'ham / Cardiff is a nailed on draw which is obviously the best result for us
No it's not. We need to see Blackpool, Cardiff and Hull fall away. That needs Middlesbrough, Birmingham and the Albion to do better than Blackpool, Cardiff and Hull. A Birmingham victory suits that agenda. A draw doesn't.

92 Southampton
86 Reading
83 West Ham United
74 Middlesbrough
73 Birmingham City
71 Blackpool
71 Cardiff City
71 Hull City

And here's how it looks after the draw at St Andrew's:-

92 Southampton
86 Reading
83 West Ham United
74 Middlesbrough
72 Birmingham City
71 Blackpool
71 Cardiff City
71 Hull City