Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How many points do you have on your driving licence??

How many points do you have on your driving licence??

Votes: 66 71.0%

Votes: 14 15.1%

Votes: 4 4.3%

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • 12 (Im Banned)

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • Other

Votes: 4 4.3%

• Total voters

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
How do you get 12 without getting a ban?

And, er, why don't people just drive to the limit? I can understand it on motorways - even the police admit they're not interested in anything below 80mph and a spill there is likely to impact on the driver, rather than on pedestrians, obv. But in towns? I'm not preaching, just can't see what the point is.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Man of Harveys said:

And, er, why don't people just drive to the limit? I can understand it on motorways - even the police admit they're not interested in anything below 80mph and a spill there is likely to impact on the driver, rather than on pedestrians, obv. But in towns? I'm not preaching, just can't see what the point is.

if you drive for a living, live rurally you can claim hardship if you dont have a licence and they give you a massive fine instead

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Statto said:
Thank god for that. I wont hesitiate to go to away games in the car next season.:D ;) :jester:

oh thats nice to know, What time would you like the Chauffer to pick you up ??? :lolol:

D

Deleted member 2719

0 points in 23yrs i only hope that will continue.

Cameras i have no problem with it's those sneaky one's hiding in the gorse bushes at Hammerpot hill east bound.

:angry: :angry: :angry:

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Man of Harveys said:

You have to go to court and explain why, if they take your licence away, you will suffer from 'extreme hardship'

Not pleasant and it's not something I'm particularly proud of. It certainly makes you more aware of the speed limits!

6 of my points were Albion-related :lolol:

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Hiney said:
You have to go to court and explain why, if they take your licence away, you will suffer from 'extreme hardship'

Not pleasant and it's not something I'm particularly proud of. It certainly makes you more aware of the speed limits!

6 of my points were Albion-related :lolol:

did they wack you with a fine instead ???

someone at the office was caught at over a ton (not sure exactly how much) and got £800 fine instead of a ban

Last edited:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
6 :( and im only 21 boo!!!

88 on the M25 by a traffic pig
42 in a 30 in kingston-upon-thames

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Never had a single point or fine in 21 years behind the wheel.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
No points in 13 years of driving, no parking tickets either. Was stopped by the police once for a bit of naughty speeding but was let off with a warning :)

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
I've got a fixed penalty thats meant to have 2 points....

however, Pulse isn't secure and a few friends work in the force ;)

Had to pay €80 though. Would have got off in court (129kph in a 120 zone is within the "acceptable limits") in the first place though.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
None. Got stopped once for doing 40 along the seafront but was lucky enough to get let off with a warning. I now drive so slow it's like I'm driving Miss Daisy.

It's been clean since the day I gained it, 22+ years ago.

It's been in the washing machine twice! So, totally clean. :lolol:

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Wait, its three points in the UK for speeding?

2 here, or 4 for going something like 30+ more than the limit - e.g. 2 for 130 on a motorway, 4 for 160.

And double that if you go to court and fail. I know of someone who got the max 8 for one offence :eek:

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
I havnt got as many points as my 2 sons and my daughter have...................basically, i get done for speeding...........and like good little sprogs..............they take the points :lolol: easy eh ? :p

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here