Votes: 101 77.7%
  • No

Votes: 28 21.5%
  • I wasnt even born in 1991

Votes: 1 0.8%

• Total voters

D

Deleted member 2719

I was there and still have that lovely shirt!!

Didn't we have almost double there fans for that match?

Never understood why Byrne was playing with a heavily strapped leg and Nelson didn't get a sniff.

The main reason i hate Warnock is cos they beat us that day.

:angry: :angry:

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
vulture said:
We played great football that season.Bryne,Small,Walker what a good team.
Deanos freekick against Ipswich :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Yeah we played some great football, but point was we let in more goals than we scored. We had some great days and some awful ones that year. I suspect no team has ever got promoted to 'div 1' under those circumstances. (Notes. . . at the moment only one team in the top 15 of the Championship has a -ve goal difference).

And as far as I remember we hadn't even scored a single goal against Millwall that season - until the playoffs (oh joy!). Altogether now, "Sherringham, w. . ."

Last edited:

Fine memories. I recal Phil Parkes in goal for Ipswich on the last game of the season, he was the size of a house!

Was gutted to lose to Notts County especially as they wasted the place in the top league next season by being caned by everyone. We could have done that!

Legend

Prince Of Darkness
Jul 5, 2003
Lancing
I was there.

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
One of my best and worst days supporting the albion , excited and over the monn we had made it - but felt awful as we turned up and didn't seem to bother playing.

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Bozza said:
...and those that were there - were you singing "Always look on the bright side of life" as you shuffled out of Wembley?

I didn't. But lots were.

Been downhill ever since, what just might have been had we one - managed to scrape in the following season in the top flight and the sky money would've come rolling in.

What if eh?

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Travelled up from Cardiff, was walking back down Wembley Way with hundreds of others twenty minutes before the final whistle.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Nope didn't get to go for what ever reason. I remember having the Argus suplement for the big day that I'm sure contained an artists impressions of a possible new stadium for the Albion.

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
Ran a Gulls Eye coach, got to pub at 7.00am, left for Wembley at 11.00, recollection of game is sketchy and didn't realise we'd scored at end until someone told me on the Monday.
Like 83 replay have never watched any footage of that game.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I was there, can't say I really enjoyed it. I also can't believe we went from being only one win away from the 'Premiership' - and then only six years later being only one defeat away from the Conference.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I was there. I was a student oop North at the time, so when every body streamed out at the end and got on the tube trains to go South, I headed off the other way with all the County lot.

Wasn't a great journey in all fairness.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I just about got there, drove to Brighton to pick up a friend and on the way out got shunted from behind which them pushed me into the van in front, hadnt even made it out of Brighton. Car was undrivable so had to then get a taxi back to friends house and she drove us up to Wembley.

The bloke behind in his big Granada, I think, was also going and after exchanging details he went on his way dripping water from his rad, I hope he broke down and didnt make it.

So after the disappointment of losing I had to then get my car from Brighton to Bexhill, thank god I was with the AA.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I was there. For the first or second goal I think Notts County got a throw in or maybe a corner.

TV replays showed that it wasnt. ****ing REFEREE.

Pigsy

Jul 14, 2004
I had to endure the most miserable train journey of my life, back to Nottingham after that game. Had had enough by Loughborough and got off early.

Sep 30, 2006
Up in the Gods
Mouldy Boots said:

Didn't we have almost double there fans for that match?

:angry: :angry:

My memory of that day is a bit hazy too MB - far too many beers on the train and at The Globe before the game!!. But I remember thinking that how piss poor Notts county attendance was compared to ours.

My hate for Tommy Johnson is only matched by LDC!! :angry:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here