Votes: 28 21.5%
  • I wasnt even born in 1991

Votes: 1 0.8%

• Total voters

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
That was the only match I remember crying at. It seemed pretty much as disappointing as the game at the end of the '78 season when we needed Southampton or Tottenham to win to be promoted to the old First Division.

The Ipswich game was great, I have a mate from Barnsley and he was on the pitch celebrating, the players were in the stands and the Chairman announced the'd made the play-offs and opened the Champagne.:lolol:

Last edited:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
How dare you remind us of that abject pathetic performance by our so called team that day.

I was so dissapointed that day it was untrue.

:down: :down: :down: :down: :down:

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
No, bad memories of the end of that season. My youngest son was born a few weks beforehand and that was great; but then a week before the final my eldest son, then only two y.o. became very ill and had to go into hospital, eventually diagnosed as type 1 diabetes.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
I got tickets for my nephews - we went up in two cars - but I never felt we were going to do it. We knew we had the players - and could if it went well turn it on - witness the home game against Millwall - but that was never going to be our day.

And that is an association you can do without Screaming J.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I got the train up with my mum's boyfriend who has planted his stony self in the family house for about 17 years. He has a caveman moustache and used to buy me hairnets for my boyfriend to imply i was a woman.
On play-off final day, he couldn't ask for a train ticket at the counter because he was laughing himself free of breath for about 18 minutes. He'd done one of the foulest gaseous miaows i had ever smelt. All others in the queue couldn't understand what was happening. A number forgot their own addresses and the headmasters who had pictures of them in their private libraries. My mum's boyfriend fell to the ground at one point, proud of the tears in a hundred local nostrils.

Zesh Rehman

Sep 6, 2006
Oxford
i always thought my first albion game was doncaster at the goldstone in 98 but have recently discovered that i went to this game at the tender age of 11 months

Last edited:

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I was there.:)

I may be the only person who wasn't distraught at our defeat. In my youthful naievity(it was five days before my 11th birthday) I was convinced that we would do it again next year or even win the league. Little did I realise what was just around the corner...

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
I was there in the family stand -with none of my family-.. I was within dangerous range of the chicken poxed John Crumplin and patted all the players on the back as they came down.
"Next year Deano!" I said...

What happened? We got relegated!

Never watched it again since...

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
vulture said:
I admit I cried my eyes out when we lost 3-1

I chucked my guts up. Was not through drink either as I hardly touched the stuff in them days.

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Lord Bracknell said:
One of those games where you have to admit the better side won.

Agreed, we never looked like winning, as others have said there were to Albion sides that season and unfortunately the crap one turned up that day.

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
We got off of the tube at some random Station and ended up in an Irish bar sipping the Black Stuff and watching a repeat of the 1983 Cup Final!!

Also in them days you could get beer in the stadium and take it back to your seat,so once we sussed out we had no chance we spent all the time going back and forward to the bar.

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
Yes, wearing my 'Johnny Crumplin Football Genius' T shirt....

Contrary to what someone said earlier, we didnt really play that well that sesaon, but Byrne & Small somehow managed to put a lot of goals away.

Al Bion

What's that in my dustbin
Sep 3, 2004
Up North
It was my birthday that day. As soon as I found out during the season that the play-off final would be on my birthday I just knew we'd be at Wembley and win promotion that day. I was so sure we'd win, the possibility of defeat didn't even cross my mind, that defeat when it came was very, very hard to take especially as I had to travel back up the motorway surrounded by gloating County fans. Not a good way to spend a birthday.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here