Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Other (monoboard etc)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not me I'm scared of Mountains!

Votes: 5 17.9%

• Total voters

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Just getting an idea for NO REASON whatsoever! (bored at work innit)

Where are you planning to ski/board this winter?

I'm not too sure yet, will do a last minute deal in later Jan or thereabouts but looking at Livigno or even Chamonix (money permitting), either way anywhere with decent snow will be good! Gonna try for 2 weeks aswell.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
snowblading? what the hell is that? :)

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Can't afford to go this year but have previously been boarding in California (superb), Banff (superb), and Bulgaria (average but dirt cheap).

Last edited:

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I've used blades for about the last four times I've been, as I was getting bored with skis and wasn't prepared to subject my ample frame to the constant falling down on ice and related pain that comes with learning how to board.

They're good, but stop you going off piste as they're too short to keep you on top of the powder snow. You don't lose a lot of speed, and good for jumping, both queues and airborne stuff.

Having said that, it's back to skis for me next time.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
aahh yeah seen the short skis around alot, I've been 'boarding 9 years this december (moved on from skateboarding so it was a natural and quick progression). Always wanted to try skiing but cant go to the mountains and not 'board!

Getting alot more confident on Black Runs in the last two trips thats why i want 2 weeks this time to really make a go of it.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Bulgaria, aah, the memories. I'm not a fussy eater and always try to go for the local stuff rather than egg and chips - but that was the worst food I've ever been served up all week. Dull, bland, and goat's cheese on everything wasn't helping.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Tooting Gull said:
Bulgaria, aah, the memories. I'm not a fussy eater and always try to go for the local stuff rather than egg and chips - but that was the worst food I've ever been served up all week. Dull, bland, and goat's cheese on everything wasn't helping.

The stuff we had wasn't too bad. It seemed to be a cross where they'd tried to cater for English but couldn't shake off the bulgarian. A lot of soups and stews/casseroles in the hotel.
However in one of the bars we got 6 500ml bottles of beer and 2 double vodka and cokes for just over £3. You can't beat that however bad the food is.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Blimey, beer that cheap and suddenly Bulgaria is in the list of places to go :drink:

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
Where's the option for both Ski/snowboard, Crabbers?

Saying that though, I'm probably a little bit rusty on both....

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
D'Angelo Saxon said:
Where's the option for both Ski/snowboard, Crabbers?

Saying that though, I'm probably a little bit rusty on both....

that would be 'Other' I guess :)

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
CrabtreeBHA said:
Blimey, beer that cheap and suddenly Bulgaria is in the list of places to go :drink:
It was Borovets I went to. Slope was ok but maybe not big enough for a full week if you're not a beginner. Obviously no snow-making so conditions can get poor if theres no snow for a while. But you get what you pay for. Dirt cheap for everything. Also, you'll never see as many Lada's in one place. The locals just leave them in the middle of the street if they get stuck and come back a few hours/days later to collect them.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Skiiiiiiiiii

Jon_XmasDay2.jpg

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
NMH said:
I bought some parabolic skis for the first time, this summer.
Mammoth and Big Bear await.

''I feel good (I knew that I would)''

Does anyone else have a fave theme-tune for their first day on the slopes?

Lucky git, those are places I can only DREAM of visiting!

I listen to my walkman alot when 'boarding so alot of Punk stuff although Bruce Springsteen - Dancing In The Dark was last years Anthem :thumbsup:

Jello

He's Not A Jelly Belly
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Fifteen of us went to Livingo on a stag do. Nice and cheap as its tax free even though it's in Italy. Historicaly the tax officers couldn't be arsed to go all the way up the mountains and it stayed like it ever since. The only grind was the 4-5 hour transfer. Resort is cheap and a few night clubs and plenty of runs. It was my first try at boarding after previously been a skier. Once you tried boarding there's no going back to the planks.
Last trip was Meribel, very nice lots of runs and part of 3-Valleys, but bloody exspensive.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
If you are or ever visit the US for ski/snowboarding/whatever, go get yer stripes on and visit Utah:

Mount Brighton:
Up to 26 Runs open - Up to 7 Chairs - Up to 10 Tows
250' Vertical - Longest Run 1,350'

not alot there but its COOL all the same :clap2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here