Withdean and I

Aug 6, 2003
i do...usually at uckfield

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
In 1976 my old man was dieing of cancer at Sussex General (on Edward St I think) and had to have a major operation to have his stomach removed. He had a rare blood group and needed huge amounts for the operation. People with the same blood group were phoned up and came in any mode of transport they could lay their hands on cars, bicycles, some by ambulance.

These heroes saved his life and I have never forgotten their efforts as they could have said "sorry mate can't be arsed tonight watching telly". He lived for another twelve years and I am grateful to each and every one of them. I have now given about 150 pints of blood/plasma, which is my way of saying thank you.

It does not hurt, you are doing something noble, and when you get to 100 pints one of the nurses gives you a blowjob (although I may have dreamt that).

Please make the effort, it does make a difference.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'm a big wuss, I hate needles but I gave blood for the first time a month ago. There is no excuse for not giving if you meet all of the criteria.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I am A positive.

I caught chickenpox from my kids when I was in my thirties. I was told that they like to have a blood donation within 6 months of any adult that catches a childhood disease (German Measles, Mumps, Chickenpox etc) as the antibodies are really great for kids who are suffering from leukaemia.

So three months later I was called in for the donation and gave my name as usual. The doctor immediately said, 'Ah! This is the special we have been waiting for.'
It made me feel really good that I was doing something to help.

I also went on the bone marrow transplant list but have never been called.

In another 4 years I shall be too old to donate any more :(

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
You can donate today at Pond Road Shoreham.(free tea and biscuits)

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
Give blood when ever I can, missed the last session as we were at home to Plymouth though!
I like the new style credit card you get.
I hate doing it though 'cos it hurts...and any one who says it doesn't is lying, espescially if you get a doctor in a bad mood!

Best thing is the pint afterwards....FEEL THE RUSH (Ciggy used to pretty good as well but I've given up now.)

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
El Presidente said:
It does not hurt, you are doing something noble, and when you get to 100 pints one of the nurses gives you a blowjob (although I may have dreamt that).

Do you get to pick the nurse because some of them really wouldn't be much of an incentive :lolol:

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
I don't think I could do it.

Doubt my blood would contain much other than alcohol though.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I have a badge for giving so many pints. Only the first badge so I'm no star!

Fatboy, give blood. Once you get over your initial fears there's nothing to it!

I'm A- BTW

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
El Presidente said:

The last nurse that I had was male. :(

Agree that it doesn't hurt. For anyone who doesn't give, it's your civic duty. Go on, it's only a little prick.

Woodingdean Gull

Jul 7, 2003
Woodingdean, Brighton
I'm O+, and started in 1967. Not sure how many times now and can't be arsed to work it out.
But I wish had £1 for every time I'd heard someone say "Right, where's me tea and biscuits?" after they'd just had their thumb pricked for the blood test. (For the benefit of the younger NSC'ers, classic comedy from Tony Hancock).

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Woodingdean Gull said:

But I wish had £1 for every time I'd heard someone say "Right, where's me tea and biscuits?" after they'd just had their thumb pricked for the blood test. (For the benefit of the younger NSC'ers, classic comedy from Tony Hancock).

A pint? :eek:

That's a whole armfull :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here