Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How many of you give blood?

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
munster monch said:
I'm not allowed to either as I lived in the UK during the mad cow thing

Actually, that might catch me as well, but I think its 1 year you had to live there (which is longer than I was there)

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Yeah, surely you have really bad balance from having only 9 toes?

I know that if you lose your big toe your balance is gone, forever really.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
munster monch said:
I'm not allowed to either as I lived in the UK during the mad cow thing

What are you talking about? If that was the case 99% of the population would be excluded. You are only stopped from giving if you've had a member of your family have it.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
I live in Ireland and you are not allowed to give blood in Ireland if you lived in the UK during the BSE crisis.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
I never knew that. I know they are trying to protect the public but they seem to be trying to exclude as many people as possible. If you needed a blood transfusion to live wouldn't you take the chance of using the blood of someone who had lived in the UK during the BSE crisis?

rool

Jul 10, 2003
I agree especially since the french managed to cover up their BSE problem and Ireland fill their beef with angel dust

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
munster monch said:
I agree especially since the french managed to cover up their BSE problem

Which is made worse by the fact that they refused to import our beef even after it had been given the all clear :censored:

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
MYOB said:
Yeah, surely you have really bad balance from having only 9 toes?

I know that if you lose your big toe your balance is gone, forever really.

no, that is well and truely bullshit. i have 5 toes now on both feet (only have my little toe on my right foot) note: no big toe.

I have enough balance to dance (and to dance a hell of a lot better than some people with all their toes!) And i have a lot better balance than people with no toes!

Never believe that something is impossible

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
ben andrews girlfriend said:
no, that is well and truely bullshit. i have 5 toes now on both feet (only have my little toe on my right foot) note: no big toe.

Five toes across both feet or five on both? And you've got no big toe and only one little toe? What configuration were your feet in originallly (presumably you had 11+ toes)

Never believe that something is impossible

Never believe a junior doctor who was probably awake for 160 hours when operating on my toe.

I was getting an ingrown toenail that kept recurring operated on (well, more a case of using a flesh burning tool on it to try to kill some of the stuff that grows the nail) and the doctor decided to make small talk about toe amputations. Nice.

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
ok, ill explain. on my right foot i was born with only my little toe. thats all

on my left i was born with all 5

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Ah right

Well, what the doctor who was burning my feet with what was basically an electric soldering iron was alluding to was that if you lose your big toe from a foot after you've begun walking, you'll have serious issues ever walking straight again

Then again, I can't walk in a straight line anyway, so I doubt it would matter :lolol: :lolol:

Eddie the Seagull

Jul 6, 2003
Crowborough
CAFC Matt said:
Why is that? Seems a bit strange.

Oh and if I am diabetic (waiting for blood test results) does that mean I can no longer give any???

I'm Diabetic & no I can't give blood because of it. It's no big deal apart from severe restrictions on choccies etc.

Now, where's my Mars bar...................:(

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I have a phobia of syringes because when I had my BCG the woman doing it put an empty syringe in my arm and only just noticed before she went to push it down. She then said loudly 'shit, i id pushed that down Id have killed you'. Which was nice.

Now I cannot even see a pic of a syringe without feeling sick, freezing and being more scared then Ive ever been. Guess its all psycological. Before that I didnt have a problem with them.

Had to go for a blood test the other day and it was such a struggle.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Yes I do

O rh Neg, they like my blood!!!!

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
They were sending us in two at a time and I was with this old lady. Walked in saw a load of syringes and kindly offered to let the old lady go first at which point I realised there were two nurses...one each. The old lady sat down, pulled up her sleeve and went 'there you go love, stick it a vein if you can fin one' and started chatting away. I sat there, gripping the chair, turning purple and nearly crying while they found a vein. I had to sit there for what was the worst 5 minutes of my life while they had some tap taking blood from my arm, all the time this old lady smiling away. I just shut my eyes and tried not to think of it. When it was finished I had to run to the toilet to be sick. All day I just wanted to scratch at my arm because it had had something in it.

Once I had an injection in my gums and I went mad, bit down and snapped the needle in half, leaving half stuck in my gum...after that I realised it was best to sit still.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here